• Clarko and the Hawks should impose their own penalty

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stratton should be suspended by the MRP

Votes: 50 89.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clarkson quickly made a point of saying he hoped Roughead, who is out of contract, had not played his final AFL match – but stopped short of guaranteeing the champion forward a 282nd game

This is a team without gold passes.. hope we adopt the same attitude

If Roughie had played for us and won several premiership medals, he probably would be playing well into his 40s for us.

Being honest though, does anyone really enjoy any of the AFL based entertainment shows?

I just can't get into them, for such a statistical based game so many shows are just ex players talking themselves and their careers up, and taking pot shots at people they don't like.

I for one would love a show that talks about the games, provides some stats behind them and i have no idea who the hosts follow. Heck i wouldn't care if they'd ever played.
I'm always shocked at how so many A grade ex players cannot give any half decent insight or analysis of the game. Are they told to dumb it down or do they literally have no clue? How were they such good players?

I'm always shocked at how so many A grade ex players cannot give any half decent insight or analysis of the game. Are they told to dumb it down or do they literally have no clue? How were they such good players?
Playing and analyzing are two different things.

Which is why a lot of great players make poor coaches.

And most good coaches were guys who had to work harder at understanding the game to play at the top level and not rely on natural instincts.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Yeah I struggle with most of the footy media/shows.

With this place I feel I don't need to sit down and watch some ex player or hack journo tell me their opinion. The variety of opinions on this site are far more varied. With actual analysis.

Anything interesting is usually posted here anyway.

There are too many other entertainment options today to waste time on that.

The Front Bar is reasonably funny though. So watch that at times, but stream in my own time.

I used to like Bounce. But has gotten stale.

Spot on. Listening to Victorian 'experts' talk of our games is absolutely pointless, they have NFI. Even locally there's very little objective analysis. Never liked bounce, but probably because a 1hr show at the conclusion of the round could be so much more than an attempt at humour.

Spot on. Listening to Victorian 'experts' talk of our games is absolutely pointless, they have no idea. Even locally there's very little objective analysis. Never liked bounce, but probably because a 1hr show at the conclusion of the round could be so much more than an attempt at humour.

Attempt is a very good word to uses.

Watching men in their 50s make jokes that stopped being funny once I was no longer a teenager is just cringy, nothing else.

Bounce is the footy show 2

If Roughie had played for us and won several premiership medals, he probably would be playing well into his 40s for us.

Though if Roughie had played in several premierships for us, we'd probably be more tolerant of the club's foibles, so it all balances out.

Barrett in his trash 'sliding doors' wants the showdown to be played at the MCG... does he not realize that taking the showdown out of Adelaide would destroy the atmosphere that makes it so electric?

Just because you’ve played at the highest level it doesn’t stop you from having shit opinions.

Attempt is a very good word to uses.

Watching men in their 50s make jokes that stopped being funny once I was no longer a teenager is just cringy, nothing else.

Bounce is the footy show 2
It was good early on. And if you didn't watch it every week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It was good early on. And if you didn't watch it every week.

Its value in the early days was also attributed to the fact that the teams were first released on the Footy Show. Hence the importance.

Barrett in his trash 'sliding doors' wants the showdown to be played at the MCG... does he not realize that taking the showdown out of Adelaide would destroy the atmosphere that makes it so electric?
It’s an interesting thought and you might be right but I have a sneaking suspicion that they might actually get 60K there (20k from SA, 20k expats in VIC or elsewhere and 20k locals).
Obviously some downside in shifting the game (inc financial) but if they could be addressed and it could be positioned as a true marquee game I think it could have merit.

It’s an interesting thought and you might be right but I have a sneaking suspicion that they might actually get 60K there (20k from SA, 20k expats in VIC or elsewhere and 20k locals).
Obviously some downside in shifting the game (inc financial) but if they could be addressed and it could be positioned as a true marquee game I think it could have merit.
No. Just, no. There is no merit in it at all.

It's an absurd idea to move a local derby to another state. Play the Manchester derby at Wembley? Maybe play Atletico v Real in Munich?

No. Just, no. There is no merit in it at all.

It's an absurd idea to move a local derby to another state. Play the Manchester derby at Wembley? Maybe play Atletico v Real in Munich?
Liverpool v Tottenham in Madrid? :p

Quite often a good host/interviewer will drag interesting comments and insights out of these ex-players.

Most of them have been immersed in professional football for 10+ years. They have enough knowledge to contribute.

Trouble is they are unskilled at media so don't intuitively reach into their fount of knowledge on the spot to say something that will interest or enlighten the viewer.

Their thoughts and knowledge are there but it's disorganised.

In the absence of a good host/interviewer to act as the catalyst they sit there like lunks spouting the same generalities you'd get from the barflies watching their local ammos team play.

If you want a laugh have a look at the General AFL thread on the Port board, page 267 post 6661 and the next few.

They take the piss out of Janus like we would.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back