News 2019 Rumour File - discuss rumours here!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Depends if you believe Roo's rhetoric about removing anyone if the review recommends it. I don't believe he'll let any review dictate his actions, but simply use it to justify changes he already wants to make. That means Burton, Campo, Hart and co. stay and Pyke gets the ass.

The rhetoric that Roo thinks Pyke is the sole problem has come from the story about the loaded questions which seems to be fake.

2 highlights for me:

1. Categorically no lingering issues from the camp 😂
2. The way Don raises his eyebrows when BB says due diligence was done before bringing CM into the club
I remember watching that at the time, and I thought that Pyke's body language and demeanour showed that he couldn't stand Burton, and disagreed with a lot of things he said.

Thanks to the English tabloids from years ago

People want to read controversy not boring stuff, they want to be entertained or shocked

That sells, not reporting boring facts, anyone can do that
Nope.
Page 3 skimpies the footy results and to wrap cod and chips in. That's it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our club just hates youth, we have heard for years about players not being ready for AFL but will continue to give depth guys contracts and play them.

The fact that Ned McHenry played 0 AFL games in the first half of the season even though he was a 1st rounder, but Mackay was playing every week, that Knight was getting regular games instead of some of the fresh faces at the club.

It should go Best 22->Youth->depth older players.

Im happy that this club is about to be blown up and alll these players are gonna want to leave we legit need a full fresh start.

View attachment 739898

Rumour from Reddit. The user who posted it is not known for making stuff up.

Jesus, if that's true...

Wouldn't surprise me - Fagan seems to be quite exasperated of late (and I'm not a fan of his), and probably knows how terribly tainted he is by all of this. And the shambolic and delayed nature of the Review...

I would be absolutely disgusted if Roo was putting himself and his mates before the footy Club - but we have more than enough evidence already that he is prepared to do so.

Our club just hates youth, we have heard for years about players not being ready for AFL but will continue to give depth guys contracts and play them.

The fact that Ned McHenry played 0 AFL games in the first half of the season even though he was a 1st rounder, but Mackay was playing every week, that Knight was getting regular games instead of some of the fresh faces at the club.

Im happy that this club is about to be blown up and alll these players are gonna want to leave we legit need a full fresh start.
BF may (does) regard Mackay as a hack, who is nothing more than a depth player (and a bad one at that). The selectors, however, clearly view him as a Best 22 player.

You want them to select Best 22 players first? Mackay's selection is precisely that.

If that GC priority is true and we keep pick 3 we have to be on the phone with melbourne for 3 and Jenkins for pick 2 so we can nail Anderson.

We absolutely can not use pick 3 on Stephens which is floating around it makes the pick swap a complete waste of time because we could have gotten him at 8 if we still held that pick.

BF may (does) regard Mackay as a hack, who is nothing more than a depth player (and a bad one at that). The selectors, however, clearly view him as a Best 22 player.

You want them to select Best 22 players first? Mackay's selection is precisely that.

Yea well, they're idiots, so who cares what they think.

Have you seen his body ....his back gave way at SANFL level ....really wasn't ready and will benefit from another PS

Davis I think should have got another game or two .....looked ok, but needed that first game to adjust to the pace

Overall I was not unhappy with the youth being played ...EXCEPT Jones

If that GC priority is true and we keep pick 3 we have to be on the phone with melbourne for 3 and Jenkins for pick 2 so we can nail Anderson.

We absolutely can not use pick 3 on Stephens which is floating around it makes the pick swap a complete waste of time because we could have gotten him at 8 if we still held that pick.
As my avatar says to tubbs...'put it from your mind'..

there are bigger targets to take at pick 3

Have you seen his body ....his back gave way at SANFL level ....really wasn't ready and will benefit from another PS

Davis I think should have got another game or two .....looked ok, but needed that first game to adjust to the pace

Overall I was not unhappy with the youth being played ...EXCEPT Jones
I reckon Gallucci, Stengle, Jones, Fog and Davis should have played more.

Once Doedee went down they could have.opened that spot up for Davis. Keath in the direct role and Davis across HB. From what I have seen in SANFL he looks good behind the ball. His one game at KP on HF was weird.

Fog should have been playing since June. I dont mind him having a few games down back in the Reserves as learning experience. But by June it was obvious he was never going to be a defender and by that time we needed.more forward firepower.

Stengle is probably our most natural forward. Even moreso than Fog. Any time he gets the ball he looks goalward to either score or go towards the goal mouth.

Jones, our first pick and did not look out of depth. Should have played every week he was availiable and up to it physically. I have doubts about his capacity to be an elite mid. But can see he could be as good as guys like our existing mids.

Gooch. By now should be playing every week. Is the natural Dougie replacement. My hope is he slots into that attacking midfield/HF (graveyard) role round 1 next year. Should have bee ahead of Dougie in terms of selection.

These are the guys I am disappointed we didnt play more this year. Next year that better change. I honestly think had these guys have played more games we would have an AFL game this week.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I reckon Gallucci, Stengle, Jones, Fog and Davis should have played more.

Once Doedee went down they could have.opened that spot up for Davis. Keath in the direct role and Davis across HB. From what I have seen in SANFL he looks good behind the ball. His one game at KP on HF was weird.

Fog should have been playing since June. I dont mind him having a few games down back in the Reserves as learning experience. But by June it was obvious he was never going to be a defender and by that time we needed.more forward firepower.

Stengle is probably our most natural forward. Even moreso than Fog. Any time he gets the ball he looks goalward to either score or go towards the goal mouth.

Jones, our first pick and did not look out of depth. Should have played every week he was availiable and up to it physically. I have doubts about his capacity to be an elite mid. But can see he could be as good as guys like our existing mids.

Gooch. By now should be playing every week. Is the natural Dougie replacement. My hope is he slots into that attacking midfield/HF (graveyard) role round 1 next year. Should have bee ahead of Dougie in terms of selection.

These are the guys I am disappointed we didnt play more this year. Next year that better change. I honestly think had these guys have played more games we would have an AFL game this week.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
So what's wrong with Gallucci ....really has not progressed ?

Still think Stenglees fitness is not to AFL standard

Caro mentioned that Fagan had put a plan to the board and the board wanted a review on monday night, the night before that was posted, so they just watched footy classified and put the rest together in their head.

Roo's not the board, Kate Ellis has wanted an external review since 2017 and her husband has been championing it. I'd be surprised if she was the only one. It's likely now is when she finally got the numbers and if you are going to do a review you're not going to put in place Fagan's big changes before it happens no matter what they are. Fagan has said he has his ideas on what needs fixing and will wait to see what the review panel comes up with, this means what he wants to do is still on the table, he's just waiting to see if the panel has better ideas.
I'd buy Pavlich as someone Roo could persuade but Dunstall is not the guy you go to if you want a pushover who will draw the conclusions you want them to.
I think Pav will be serious about it. He’s a professional. Has the opportunity to be remembered as responsible for our premiership dynasty in 5 years..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back