Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Will we land a big fish?

• Yes

Votes: 36 17.9%
  • No

Votes: 165 82.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Trade 5 – Brisbane
Pick 25~, 39, 41, 49, 52, 66 & 73 (equivalent of pick 4) OUT; Pick 15 and 2025 1st (via BRIS) IN

Wow… even for a PlayStation trade that is crazy.

No one actually believes this, right?
I mean, why isn't this dude saying for us to be in on that. Pick 25, 42 (we can trade our f2 into this year for a bunch of junk picks) and we can get Brisbane's 1st and future 1st for it. Why should it be exclusive to Richmond to completely fleece a side for picks?

You're hounding of Wayno is way way over the top.
What the hell are you on about? I’m actually quoting you, not him. Why bring him into it? Pretty shit deflection from your odd choice to bring Mods into a discussion about ROB being dropped.

As for Wayne he brings it upon himself, if you’re going to state some superior intellect and insight to justify his support of Nicks and mock those who don’t share that opinion, well then you’ve got to expect it back. Besides given his posting there is a very real possibility he’s just trolling anyway.

Last edited:
They've normally made the first round of announcements by now.

Mind you, they've also normally held the B&F by now too. I can understand them holding off on the delistings until after the B&F. Not sure why the B&F has been delayed so long, given that both the AFL & SANFL teams have been finished for several weeks.

It's probably being influenced by a lack of certainty over the inbound players. ANB is confirmed, but they're obviously still waiting for Luko & Cumming to make decisions. Once they know how many players are inbound, they can finalise the number of players they need to delist to make it happen.
A lot of players on holiday at the moment, so can only assume it was planned to have it later in the year.

I reckon theres solid AFL ability in the first 2.

I can see Ned carving out a Keays like career somewhere
Disagree Office Space GIF by MOODMAN

Being told to check your options is pretty clear and there really isn't going back from that imho. Especially a player like luko who could walk into any club
He could walk to any club if he takes a massive haircut. On $2m over the next 2 years there’ll be very few clubs in the queue.

Far out, what a sad time if we miss on everyone. I can’t comprehend life if we do. After banging on about being aggressive all year. Eeeeek 😅😅😅
That's what happens if you don't perform on the field!

Why do you think everyone wants to go to Geelong and Hawthorn? Because they win and win often.

Essendon despite being a big 4 club can't attract anyone because they haven't won jack shit in awhile. North were throwing out bags of money to stars and they all said no.

Stkilda have fallen into the trap of offering a bucket load of cash to sloppy seconds, and we are really close to going down that path too.

Money is great if you're a stock standard 18-22 player on a list but those top 5 guys or ones that want to be a top 5 calibre player on the list they want to bloody win.

They've normally made the first round of announcements by now.

Mind you, they've also normally held the B&F by now too. I can understand them holding off on the delistings until after the B&F. Not sure why the B&F has been delayed so long, given that both the AFL & SANFL teams have been finished for several weeks.

It's probably being influenced by a lack of certainty over the inbound players. ANB is confirmed, but they're obviously still waiting for Luko & Cumming to make decisions. Once they know how many players are inbound, they can finalise the number of players they need to delist to make it happen.
It seems it was always planned because most of the lads are over in Europe or other places.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hands down, we would have the cheapest group of Coaches and Football GM in the AFL.... Its actually embarrassing.

Like, we wouldn't even be close to the 'Soft Cap'.... Outside of D Burgess, we must be so far under the soft cap the AFL must be paying us.

This pathetic small minded "but... but... we can't attract anyone... :drunk: " excuse is such loser mentality complacency.

If Geelong can attract players to live near farms in bum****ville 2 hours out of Melbourne, Adelaide can attract players. Its not Adelaide - its the useless inept people trying to convince them that's the problem.
One hopes there was some logic like there's no point having a top shelf coaching group while we're at the bottom in the rebuild, let's be minimal, bank the cash and then splash it once we're heading to the top again.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Back