Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Will we land a big fish?

• Yes

Votes: 36 18.0%
  • No

Votes: 164 82.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Hands down, we would have the cheapest group of Coaches and Football GM in the AFL.... Its actually embarrassing.

Like, we wouldn't even be close to the 'Soft Cap'.... Outside of D Burgess, we must be so far under the soft cap the AFL must be paying us.

This pathetic small minded "but... but... we can't attract anyone... :drunk: " excuse is such loser mentality complacency.

If Geelong can attract players to live near farms in bum****ville 2 hours out of Melbourne, Adelaide can attract players. Its not Adelaide - its the useless inept people trying to convince them that's the problem.
I sometimes wonder if its a self fulfilling prophecy where we think we cant get anyone so we dont try as hard as we could?

Do we accept NO as the end of the conversation?

Just a musing

could we be holding off delistings for another reason?

somebody else IS actually coming in over the top of Nix and they have said they want to be part of all list decisions made?
You sweet innocent child

Hands down, we would have the cheapest group of Coaches and Football GM in the AFL.... Its actually embarrassing.

Like, we wouldn't even be close to the 'Soft Cap'.... Outside of D Burgess, we must be so far under the soft cap the AFL must be paying us.

This pathetic small minded "but... but... we can't attract anyone... :drunk: " excuse is such loser mentality complacency.

If Geelong can attract players to live near farms in bum****ville 2 hours out of Melbourne, Adelaide can attract players. Its not Adelaide - its the useless inept people trying to convince them that's the problem.

I completely disagree.

Regional Melbourne gives you everything you need from the city within easy driving distance, with the chance to escape to something quiet.

There's literally no comparison with Adelaide. A vast number of Australians wouldn't be interested in living in Adelaide no matter the offer, yet along then living somewhere remoter than Adelaide.

It is unrealistic to not acknowledge the general attractiveness or otherwise of the city. It's not just a football club issue.

Does money saved in the soft cap get reallocated? Ie does skimping on wages help fund training facilities or other areas?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
It's not that it gets reallocated - but any budget unspent can be used in other areas, I guess.

But realistically it felt like we couldn't get anyone to take our money this year.

I completely disagree.

Regional Melbourne gives you everything you need from the city within easy driving distance, with the chance to escape to something quiet.

There's literally no comparison with Adelaide. A vast number of Australians wouldn't be interested in living in Adelaide no matter the offer, yet along then living somewhere remoter than Adelaide.

It is unrealistic to not acknowledge the general attractiveness or otherwise of the city. It's not just a football club issue.
Hmmm dont know. Living in the Adelaide hills or Barossa is lot nicer than living in Wallen or Lilydale or Frankston. anyway its more to do with being away from their family and friends than adelaide being quiet or whatever

this is where hamish has it wrong. he wants a good family. if you get someone from a shit family then the person wants to get out of there and never return. 😂😂😂

Just a musing

somebody else IS actually coming in over the top of Nix and they have said they want to be part of all list decisions made?
I'd say we're not making delistings because outside of ANB we don't have any guarantees we're gonna recruit anyone. Eg if we sign Cumming then we probably let Hamill got, but if we miss out we'll keep him for another year.

I'd say we're not making delistings because outside of ANB we don't have any guarantees we're gonna recruit anyone. Eg if we sign Cumming then we probably let Hamill got, but if we miss out we'll keep him for another year.
that doesnt explain mchenry burgess gollant to name a few

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just a musing

No, there's no advantage to releasing players early, so we're just holding back under the small chance we may want to pivot and keep someone.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Back