No Oppo Supporters 2019 Trade and FA period - Incoming Targets news discussion - read the rules in OP

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

For all the heat the footy media cops in general (much of which is justified), there has not been a single surprise in this entire trade period (for any club or player). Everything going as widely reported for weeks if not months. Too late for there to be any major bomb shell big-ticket trades, just whether the trades that were reported weeks ago (Daniher, Paton, Hill, Steven, all of St Kilda's targets, Papley etc) get done.

Been saying for yonks we need a pressure forward but might have to be thru the draft at this stage.

Either one of Nash and Hanrahan should be able to hold down a spot. Not sure how the draft looks but if we are able to keep our first pick and get an explosive forward that’d be ideal.
Cody Weightman would be the one in the top 20 of the draft who I'd hope we're interested in to fill the void of a small forward.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At the end of the day everyone gets stuff wrong, and people come on here to share with other passionate Hawks.
What does comparing and pitting people against each other get? Because so far it's just caused ITK silence for almost a week.
While we shouldn't jump up and down when people share Intel that doesn't eventuate. Posters should also choose their words when sharing.

Eg. "Someone i know who usually is right says that we are confident that we can get x". Not "100% done deal, x to hawks"

We've had a few people the past few years that probably had good Intel or even were correct but things changed but they were stating it as fact.

Until the paperwork is done it's all speculation even if your source is Graham Wright, the player or the opposition list manager.

I have had a player tell me directly that they were moving clubs and where they were going to, contract agreed, clubs agreed to trade everything setup. They weren't lying either but they ended up staying 1 more year and then getting traded to a different club.

Personally not keen on Bonar, have not been that impressed with what I've seen so far
I’m assuming you never saw his 1st & 2nd games? The kid is behind 10+ mids at GWS. His situation to me sounds like it’s similar to Scrimshaw where he’s been unmotivated and wants to come home.

I’m assuming you never saw his 1st & 2nd games? The kid is behind 10+ mids at GWS. His situation to me sounds like it’s similar to Scrimshaw where he’s been unmotivated and wants to come home.
Yes I did, I also have watched him in junior footy. Honestly just don't think he is ever going to be more than a plodder. Very happy to be proven wrong but I just can't see it at all.

The problem with trading for value is that the players we can afford tend to be the ones who've stagnated for whatever reason or are coming back from injury. So exposed form isn't great, but the coaches see a role for their skills in our team and game plan

Gibson, Hale, Lake, Burgoyne all fit this model (and were all looked at as risks at the time)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back