List Mgmt. 2019 Trade Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Essendon will reportedly ask St Kilda for a first-round pick or Max King if the Saints come knocking for ruckman Sam Draper.

The Saints are in the market for a ruckman, and are reportedly interested in injured big man Sam Draper, who is yet to make his AFL debut.

Foxfooty.com.au revealed earlier this week the Saints are set to offer Draper a four-year deal worth $1.7 million, but the Bombers will need to trade Draper to the Saints if order for him to move clubs, and he won’t go cheaply.

On Triple M’s Dead Set Legends, journalist Jay Clark believe the Saints rate Draper that highly, but the Bombers will make them pay for the deal.

“St Kilda are saying this guy’s almost like a first-round draft pick, they rate him that highly,” Clark said.

Surely they are taking the piss
being off contract , never played a AFL game and doing his ACL - he can not be worth a round one draft pick
this basically telling the player he is not going and has to stay on for a lot less money - is there anyway St Kilda can complain or even Draper complain to the AFL and get the trade system to get a bit more realistic.

Essendon will reportedly ask St Kilda for a first-round pick or Max King if the Saints come knocking for ruckman Sam Draper.

The Saints are in the market for a ruckman, and are reportedly interested in injured big man Sam Draper, who is yet to make his AFL debut.

Foxfooty.com.au revealed earlier this week the Saints are set to offer Draper a four-year deal worth $1.7 million, but the Bombers will need to trade Draper to the Saints if order for him to move clubs, and he won’t go cheaply.

On Triple M’s Dead Set Legends, journalist Jay Clark believe the Saints rate Draper that highly, but the Bombers will make them pay for the deal.

“St Kilda are saying this guy’s almost like a first-round draft pick, they rate him that highly,” Clark said.

Surely they are taking the piss
being off contract , never played a AFL game and doing his ACL - he can not be worth a round one draft pick
this basically telling the player he is not going and has to stay on for a lot less money - is there anyway St Kilda can complain or even Draper complain to the AFL and get the trade system to get a bit more realistic.
Ahhh - a bit of news

"Jays Clark says" is not Dodoro or the EFC.

Jay Clark could also "say" - but in reality Dodoro and the EFC can ask for a 1st rounder, Hunter Clark, Jack Steven, Nick Reiwoldts first born son, three apples and a bunch or grapes for Draper but unless they or some other club is prepared to pay such a ridiculous amount for an untried ruckman, the reality is St Kilda can get him in the PSD for zero.

Third rounder or match the contract offer.

Carlisle?
Why would he want to leave?
He’s a different cat. Gets so disenchanted with everything around him. How we finish the end of the season will determine his stay I suggest. I think Jake will ask to go to a big club for a tilt at a flag. That’s my opinion only btw. Haven’t heard anything to back that up. But him not being signed yet worries me a lot.

He’s a different cat. Gets so disenchanted with everything around him. How we finish the end of the season will determine his stay I suggest. I think Jake will ask to go to a big club for a tilt at a flag. That’s my opinion only btw. Haven’t heard anything to back that up. But him not being signed yet worries me a lot.
He has a trigger clause on his current contract that he needs to hit through playing 9 games this season which will give him a significant contract next year. Most likely waiting to see if he hits it before negotiating contracts because without the trigger clause, he would likely receive less.

Could it be that we did not want to sign him yet? I thought there was some sort of clause depending on games played or something, much like Savage I think?

He has a trigger clause on his current contract that he needs to hit through playing 9 games this season which will give him a significant contract next year. Most likely waiting to see if he hits it before negotiating contracts because without the trigger clause, he would likely receive less.
Didn’t realise this. Makes more sense then.. still, my confidence in Jake hanging around if we keep losing isn’t great.

One of our best, when fit, and I certainly hope he stays. Unlikely to get more than a second rounder for him after injuries etc.

Sent from my H8324 using Tapatalk

I thought i read the Saints had offered him that deal even without reaching the trigger and hasn't taken it up yet, could be wrong
but still wouldn't be surprised if he is not there next year

Didn't the club waive the trigger clause because of his injury as a sign of goodwill?

The ironic thing about us looking for another ruckman is that we actually had a decent one already on the list who we traded out last year. The reason being he was the only ruckman on our list that was tradeable. Now playing for the reigning premiers. Go figure.

I thought i read the Saints had offered him that deal even without reaching the trigger and hasn't taken it up yet, could be wrong
but still wouldn't be surprised if he is not there next year
Didn't the club waive the trigger clause because of his injury as a sign of goodwill?
They did that with Geary's contract but I remember reading about it with Jakes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep. Im fine with trading Jake. He played his part but we have the cattle there for a solid defence without him.

What would GWS pay to get him paired up with Phil Davis at FB? There's ya currency for Caldwell/Bonar and we also take Tomlinson off their hands. Make hard plays for Ben King and Griffen Logue at the end of 2020 and we are looking alright.

Just need to find a way to totally rebuild our midfield to support the quality talls.

If we're looking for a First Round pick- I think Bruce could go. Despite kicking 3 today, our forward line is more potent with Membrey and smalls. Battle and King can replace Bruce.

If we're looking for a high Second Round pick, see you later Carlisle. Look not only glacial today but disinterested and lazy.

Out: Bruce and Carlisle.
In: Late first and early second.
Draft: Two first round mids and a second round ruck (or third mid).

On Pixel 2 XL using BigFooty.com mobile app

If we're looking for a First Round pick- I think Bruce could go. Despite kicking 3 today, our forward line is more potent with Membrey and smalls. Battle and King can replace Bruce.

If we're looking for a high Second Round pick, see you later Carlisle. Look not only glacial today but disinterested and lazy.

Out: Bruce and Carlisle.
In: Late first and early second.
Draft: Two first round mids and a second round ruck (or third mid).

On Pixel 2 XL using BigFooty.com mobile app

I'd rather keep both, we are already super young, losing the senior players rarely sees a spike in performance. Phase them out as kids come through. Good sides don't lose good players, they replace the shit ones.

The ironic thing about us looking for another ruckman is that we actually had a decent one already on the list who we traded out last year. The reason being he was the only ruckman on our list that was tradeable. Now playing for the reigning premiers. Go figure.

Hickey wasn’t decent at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back