2019 Trade thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Would he (or Jenkins) replace McStay or Oscar?
I'm thinking McStay, Dan turns 25 next year and while he has been good for most of the season and I still remain hopeful that he could be the answer, I'm nowhere near convinced on him yet, could end up being a Darling or a Taberner ceiling.

I have been a fan of Josh Bruce for a while and only saw his name pop up as a possible leaving the Saints option lately, he is severely under rated IMO and in a good side (us) would be even better, as they stand now he'd be a definite upgrade on Dan IMO. He is only 27 so his next 3-4 years should be his best footy.

I'm thinking McStay, Dan turns 25 next year and while he has been good for most of the season and I still remain hopeful that he could be the answer, I'm nowhere near convinced on him yet, could end up being a Darling or a Taberner ceiling.

I have been a fan of Josh Bruce for a while and only saw his name pop up as a possible leaving the Saints option lately, he is severely under rated IMO and in a good side (us) would be even better, as they stand now he'd be a definite upgrade on Dan IMO. He is only 27 so his next 3-4 years should be his best footy.

A darling ceiling would be an incredible outcome.

Feel like we need to bring in another small fwd who can push into the mid, we don't really have any back up players with pace who can provide good pressure. Richmond have a lot of depth in that role and its worked well for them.

Yep, if Dan ended up somewhere between Darling and Taberner that would be really good.
So somewhere around Como/Mt Pleasant?

There was a little bit of talk about the Lions being interested in Jonathon Ceglar, he had a pretty good game on the weekend for the Hawks. Might definitely be worth a look as a backup for Stef and with ????? On Archie stepping up. Could be worth a punt.
I've said all along we will go for a ruckman somewhere this year, I agree with you. He will have to sit on his hands a year as I don't see them changing Steph and Big O until Steph retires at the end of next season. (and he will retire with at least one premiership under his belt)

So we have Collingwood's 1st rounder and GC's 2nd rounder, which will amount to 2xpicks in the top 20. Word is that Melbourne, Adelaide and St Kilda are all interested in trading their top 5 pick for multiple lower picks - could we bite?

He will be 31 before the start of next season so when you talk about being an upgrade you have to take into account that he might only have a years or 2 left vs McStay who potentially has 7 or 8 years.

McStay is a really convenient whipping boy for some of our supporters and it really fails to take into account our game style and the role he plays for us.

I am hoping one day it will all just click for McStay on the field and he'll be a legitimate gun from that day forward.

So we have Collingwood's 1st rounder and GC's 2nd rounder, which will amount to 2xpicks in the top 20. Word is that Melbourne, Adelaide and St Kilda are all interested in trading their top 5 pick for multiple lower picks - could we bite?

They won’t trade their picks for what we have.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think some are locked into the notion that a forward's only role is to kick goals. The modern game is more complex. McStay is playing his role well and kicking a few goals is seen as a bonus
Maybe in the home away season but in finals you want your key forwards kicking goals. Does some good work but he still doesn't kick enough goals for mine. Given Cameron was well held and McCarthy was nowhere, it was the thing we were missing on Sunday from both him and Hipwood.

Both picks will possibly be pushed back 3 or 4 spots depending on PP, academy bid matching and compensation picks.

Would really need to add our own second round pick in to the deal to get Melbourne or Adelaide’s pick.

Have to assume GWS picks will be available to move up to that Melbourne pick.

I would take Jenkins in a heartbeat, especially if Adelaide are part-funding. He is an instant upgrade on McStay and would put us firmly in premiership-window contention for the next four years (i think he's 30). What would it cost picks wise? Second rounder?
Not sure on this one - I have passionate Crows supporter friends and they do not rate him at all...pass for me on that basis. These were the same people who were devastated to lose Charlie.

The GC have had untold $$m poured into them- priority this, priority that. Fix-up admin experts funded by the AFL. Way better facilities and infrastructure than us. And where has it got them? Precisely no-bloody-where.
I don't think you really understand the facts, and you're letting your resentment at no Tasmanian team show. We've had plenty of money poured into us too, a priority pick and AFL appointees just like the Suns. They haven't had a single priority pick yet, don't know what on earth you're talking about there. And their facilities only came after the Commonwealth Games, they were training out of sheds for years. We were lucky to get Fagan, Noble and Hodge. Make no mistake, without them we could have been as badly off as the Suns.

I would take Jenkins in a heartbeat, especially if Adelaide are part-funding. He is an instant upgrade on McStay and would put us firmly in premiership-window contention for the next four years (i think he's 30). What would it cost picks wise? Second rounder?
Who's a better player, Jenkins or Charlie Dixon? Dixon is younger, a Queenslander and Port are having trouble paying their players at present.

I don't think you really understand the facts, and you're letting your resentment at no Tasmanian team show. We've had plenty of money poured into us too, a priority pick and AFL appointees just like the Suns. They haven't had a single priority pick yet, don't know what on earth you're talking about there. And their facilities only came after the Commonwealth Games, they were training out of sheds for years. We were lucky to get Fagan, Noble and Hodge. Make no mistake, without them we could have been as badly off as the Suns.

Who's a better player, Jenkins or Charlie Dixon? Dixon is younger, a Queenslander and Port are having trouble paying their players at present.
Dixon

Callum Ah Chee should be a simple deal to get done if he is keen to come to us (who wouldn't be:D), it would be pretty close to a straight swap for someone like Ben Keays, Ryan Bastinac, Josh Walker or Nick Robertson.
Mate, I would go 2 for 1 lookijg at that list. Their time here is about done - would give them more opportunity n us room for another 1 to develop.

Remove this Banner Ad

2019 Trade thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back