Unofficial Preview 2020 Draft Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some info on Hollands for those interested

View attachment 991153
So he's a tall mid who can play inside, outside, and push forward where he can take overhead marks, outwit opponents, and create scoring. He's quick and can run all day both ways. He's athletic but has the footy smarts to match. Clean skills even under pressure. Is dangerous with and without the ball. He chases hard and he can stick a tackle.

Sounds like the best bits of Hodge, Mitchell, Lewis and Smith all mashed together into one super player.

So other than the knee, what's the downside?

So he's a tall mid who can play inside, outside, and push forward where he can take overhead marks, outwit opponents, and create scoring. He's quick and can run all day both ways. He's athletic but has the footy smarts to match. Clean skills even under pressure. Is dangerous with and without the ball. He chases hard and he can stick a tackle.

Sounds like the best bits of Hodge, Mitchell, Lewis and Smith all mashed together into one super player.

Well, that's just it. If not for the knee(and COVID) he'd arguably be the clear Number 1 pick.

Well, that's just it. If not for the knee(and COVID) he'd arguably be the clear Number 1 pick.
On paper he's sounding better than Rowell, and we know how good he is. If we get Hollands and the knee proves no issue then it will be huge. He and a bulked up Will Day playing all over the ground :eek: Who needs a key forward!

Weaknesses: Improvement not as rapid as many of his peers in 2019, unclear best position, unclear scope to be a full-time midfielder, production not as high as some of the other top end midfielder.

According to Knightmare.

unclear best position
AKA "versatility".

Sounds like a Clarko player. Was going to ask if he was left footer but went back and read that he's a "two-sided player". So another Sam "no one will ever know what his natural foot is for sure" Mitchell.

The only downside is I reckon he’ll be gone before we can snag him

The only downside is I reckon he’ll be gone before we can snag him
Can’t see him sliding to 5 , if crows get pick a they’ll take him and McDonald, fills a need in both positions, or if they don’t get pick 2 then norf probably snag Holland’s. Praying he falls to our pick. Deadset gun. Sounds like a danger/dusty with better skills.

New ep of road to the draft is up featuring dgb , they also talk about who we might take.
Super impressive young man. Has been interviewed by Clarko. Love his overwhelming desire to be the best. Competitive beast. Modelled his game on Rance and McGovern. Will be one of the best key defenders in the league when his body fully develops. Will play a fair bit of footy next year wherever he goes. If Kangas take Hollands I hope we land DG-B. Bit concerned Sydney will nab him before us. Reckon we will have to choose between Bruhn, Phillips and Thilthorpe after we bid for Campbell.
1. McDonald
2. Ugle-Hagan
3. Hollands
4. Grainger-Barras
5. Campbell
6. ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Super impressive young man. Has been interviewed by Clarko. Love his overwhelming desire to be the best. Competitive beast. Modelled his game on Rance and McGovern. Will be one of the best key defenders in the league when his body fully develops. Will play a fair bit of footy next year wherever he goes. If Kangas take Hollands I hope we land DG-B. Bit concerned Sydney will nab him before us. Reckon we will have to choose between Bruhn, Phillips and Thilthorpe after we bid for Campbell.
1. McDonald
2. Ugle-Hagan
3. Hollands
4. Grainger-Barras
5. Campbell
6. ?
Yeah i have big time come around to DGB as a prospect but would be totally fine with this eventuating and hopefully snagging Thilthorpe.

1. McDonald
2. Ugle-Hagan
3. Hollands
4. Grainger-Barras
5. Campbell
6. ?
Id be staggered if Thilthorpe isn't at North with Brown leaving.

AKA "versatility".

Sounds like a Clarko player. Was going to ask if he was left footer but went back and read that he's a "two-sided player". So another Sam "no one will ever know what his natural foot is for sure" Mitchell.
A "Clarko player" is usually around 191cm and has a "nice" kick on him. Played forward his entire junior career, but "we plan to use him at half back"...

1. McDonald
2. Ugle-Hagan
3. Hollands
4. Grainger-Barras
5. Campbell
6. ?
Hey mate is is really undervalued in this crop some info attached

Screenshot_20201022-084251_Twitter.jpg

From some of the reports I have read, he plateaued a bit where as other players continued improving. He was head and shoulders above the prospective draft pool a couple years ago but others started catching up even prior to doing his knee.

Although I think we should take him, his lack of improvement from one season to the next was a bit disappointing which along with doing his knee is likely why he wont go top 3 this year.

Some info on Hollands for those interested

View attachment 991153

I agree with most of what you wrote here, but I've seen Hollands miss a lot of shots from 40-50m for Murray, which is one of his only weaknesses(long range goal kicking) although his goal v VM at the MCG was similar to Ky Picketts where he crumbed off of Comben and snapped a goal from the boundary 45m out, he also did an ACL at pre-season training, which is a worry, I believe Thilthorpe is more ruck at the next level than forw, he seems more like Kreuzer or Lade than any other players, DGB is hugely under rated, but I believe key backs don't deserve top 3 consideration as those spots are reserved for game winners like midfielders and goal kicking tall forwards, anyway DGB is a lot better than McAsey last year, great competitor.

I agree with most of what you wrote here, but I've seen Hollands miss a lot of shots from 40-50m for Murray, which is one of his only weaknesses(long range goal kicking) although his goal v VM at the MCG was similar to Ky Picketts where he crumbed off of Comben and snapped a goal from the boundary 45m out, he also did an ACL at pre-season training, which is a worry, I believe Thilthorpe is more ruck at the next level than forw, he seems more like Kreuzer or Lade than any other players, DGB is hugely under rated, but I believe key backs don't deserve top 3 consideration as those spots are reserved for game winners like midfielders and goal kicking tall forwards, anyway DGB is a lot better than McAsey last year, great competitor.
DGB most undervalued in this class

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back