List Mgmt. 2020 Draft Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Pick 16 + Future 1st + Future 2nd to Adelaide for Picks 9 + 22 + 23? Our future 2nd is probably worse than 23 and future 1st probably around 9ish

Would then have 9, 14, 22, 23.

9 = Archie Perkins
14 = Nik Cox
22 = reef
23 = Eddie Ford
45 or there abouts = Winder

My perfect draft

In 3 years time our forward line could be:

Ford Cox Perkins
Winder DeGoey Mihocek

Last edited:
Explosive, fast, great kick and mark, not too small and has a decent rack on him. The only question is his endurance but he still goes in the midfield and gets a lot of possesions, he's a freak
Sounds decent.. Is endurance his only negative trait - Given he’s looking like late first early second round selection?

Sounds decent.. Is endurance his only negative trait - Given he’s looking like late first early second round selection?

Yeah, more than likely, they are predicting late second, early third round. I can never pick the knocks on blokes who go outside the the first 2 rounds, he looks all quality to me, maybe a go home factor also as he is from WA

PMbangers on the draft board just made an interesting suggestion of our 2021 first and pick 16 for GC’s 5, 27 and 37. I like that suggestion tbh. Gives us a real shot at Thilthorpe or Phillips and gives us more than sufficient points for Reef, and likely a pick to take Callow with.
Sun's are only taking one pick plus their academy boys. 16 wouldn't have much appeal to them. They will be looking to trade 27 & 37 for a future if they can't move up the draft.

Just a question, our pick 65 is worth 90 points, if clubs don't use their picks and it moves up to, say, pick 45. Does the value of points now also move up?? I don't think so but just checking.

Just a question, our pick 65 is worth 90 points, if clubs don't use their picks and it moves up to, say, pick 45. Does the value of points now also move up?? I don't think so but just checking.

I think it does this year, that's why clubs are stockpiling late picks. Yeah, i'm not really sure about the points system crap, Apex36 would know

Yes they will, with clubs not taking picks and academy players being bid on the points value of those later picks will increase. The Carlton recruiter was talking about this on trade radio when asked why he would want these late round picks in trade deals.

Sun's are only taking one pick plus their academy boys. 16 wouldn't have much appeal to them. They will be looking to trade 27 & 37 for a future if they can't move up the draft.
Also noting that the Suns get to pre list their academy/ Zone picks prior to the draft so no picks required

(Log in to remove this ad.)

By the time someone bids on reef our pick 65 pick should go up to around 55 due to port,swans, and dogs using all their picks to get their academy players

If clubs pass then pick 65 doesn't move
If clubs pass then their subsequent picks get taken out of the draft. If they’re before 65 then yes, 65 does move up the order, and yes, the points are increased. It’s unlikely that any clubs will be passing before a bid on Reef though. On the same note, any bids for academy players that take up picks can make 65 move up the order too. It’s entirely possible that by the time Reef gets a bid that 65 will be a pick in the 50’s, and the points will be subsequently increased to match.

2020 list was in total 47 players. Breakdown was 38 senior list , 5 x Rookies and 4 by Category B rookies.
We currently have with retirements , delisting and traded players 10 players off that list leaving us with a current list size of 37 players in total. ( Beams included as retirement)

our senior list is currently 31 players but Miocheck and Madgen must be upgraded this year so that’s 33 so called confirmed. I think Keynes resigning for 2 years means he must also upgrade to the senior list so that’s no 34 players.

I’d say they will at max sign or draft onto the senior list Reef plus 2 or 3 players depending what they do with picks 14-16 and next years first being traded into this year.
That would leave our senior list with 37 or 38 players.
I think with Greenwood that they may delist him and re rookie him on a 1 year deal.
Also they may do the same with Wills.

if they make no changes to Greenwood / Wills from the senior list we will have 37-38 senior list after drafting.

rookie list will be Noble, Appleby,

category B rookies will be 2: Tolhill and Wilson.

so total list size would be 41-42 players.

this would allow for between 2-3 players available to pick up in the preseason or delisted player market .
I believe if the pies use this it will be for ready made player. Potentially Parker from the saints , maybe Lonie if we offer him a 2 year contract and someone from SANFL or WAFL .

2020 list was in total 47 players. Breakdown was 38 senior list , 5 x Rookies and 4 by Category B rookies.
We currently have with retirements , delisting and traded players 10 players off that list leaving us with a current list size of 37 players in total. ( Beams included as retirement)

our senior list is currently 31 players but Miocheck and Madgen must be upgraded this year so that’s 33 so called confirmed. I think Keynes resigning for 2 years means he must also upgrade to the senior list so that’s no 34 players.

I’d say they will at max sign or draft onto the senior list Reef plus 2 or 3 players depending what they do with picks 14-16 and next years first being traded into this year.
That would leave our senior list with 37 or 38 players.
I think with Greenwood that they may delist him and re rookie him on a 1 year deal.
Also they may do the same with Wills.

if they make no changes to Greenwood / Wills from the senior list we will have 37-38 senior list after drafting.

rookie list will be Noble, Appleby,

category B rookies will be 2: Tolhill and Wilson.

so total list size would be 41-42 players.

this would allow for between 2-3 players available to pick up in the preseason or delisted player market .
I believe if the pies use this it will be for ready made player. Potentially Parker from the saints , maybe Lonie if we offer him a 2 year contract and someone from SANFL or WAFL .

Greenwood is already contracted for next year

Pretty sure you're wrong. Pretty sure it'd end up with more points, except we'll probably have to use it to match before many passes occur.

If no one passes, then the club with pick 64 passes, our pick 65 doesn't change.

it could change if someone passes at pick 40 and they have pick's in the 50s, but I highly doubt that will happen because clubs who don't plan to use those picks will just package them up and trade them for something.

Uhhh, yeah. That’s pretty much what the trade entails. They get a future first and downgrade their current first. We get 5 and picks they won’t use anyway. Maybe we give a future 3rd too to even it out. It depends on how they rate next years draft, but from all reports it’s stronger and less compromised, so I don’t see why getting that extra first rounder for next year wouldn’t be appealing to them.

If no one passes, then the club with pick 64 passes, our pick 65 doesn't change.

it could change if someone passes at pick 40 and they have pick's in the 50s, but I highly doubt that will happen because clubs who don't plan to use those picks will just package them up and trade them for something.
Pundits reckon that the draft won't get in to the 6os. So there will be a fair bit of passing that raises the value of that pick. But it's all a bit moot if talking about points. If we have to use that pick for points, it's likely to be before the passing has begun.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2020 Draft Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back