2020 Non-Crows AFL Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look speaking of being all over the shot, you said there no other clubs who wanted to pay him what he wanted. I asked you for a source and you said there were articles. So perhaps slow down. Again you don’t have sources for your claims so not sure why you keep calling them facts.

And further to being all over the shot, on one hand you claim $600k isn’t much and then on the other his terms were too prohibitive for other clubs.

Scully, really? The guy who they thought might never play again and the deal that’s been widely criticised as they were ripped off.

And once again you haven’t let this go despite claiming I’m doing a Lindy.
600K isn't much in today's AFL yet only 1 other club was reported to have offered him that coin. He plays a role that although important isn't that hard to fill. I mean hell we've found 3 of them in 5 years and look to have another in Jordy Butts.

It was a fair trade, not just IMO.

Here's the thing, we offered him a 2 year deal with the option of a 3rd at less money. Dogs offer 3 with a 4th option at slightly more money. You can find that article by typing his name.

The Dogs could say "We arent giving you a first or high 2nd given how much you want him". Despite your assertions that his Bulldogs deal is big money, it's not.

It's easy to see why we got what we did, and the value of a 28yo 3rd tall with a history of injury is around that mark.

Agree the trade was Fair deal when all things considered, And I do mean all things. But you should have included the big Elephant in the room that turned up during negotiations, that completely changed the direction of the talks.
The Elephant in the room was The Surgery on his stress fractures stopping him from training fully until recently.
That injury along with his history, added to a 3year with a 1year trigger deal, with an agreed price which has been reported around the 600K.
Gave the Bulldogs all the advantage if he went to the PSD. Not too many Clubs would touch that and even if they did Keath would have Gone.
Because the Crows were not going to match the 3 years plus a 1 ear trigger deal.
Reid did not have a lot of bargaining power, Some could say we were lucky to get what we did.

600K isn't much in today's AFL yet only 1 other club was reported to have offered him that coin. He plays a role that although important isn't that hard to fill. I mean hell we've found 3 of them in 5 years and look to have another in Jordy Butts.
We seriously aren’t going around in circles again are we? Ok, how do you know other clubs didn’t but he preferred the Bulldogs?

We seriously aren’t going around in circles again are we? Ok, how do you know other clubs didn’t but he preferred the Bulldogs?
Because it was written.

He had a medical with St Kilda but went with the Dogs. That's when they decided he needed surgery which we disagreed with.

30 games in 3 years...... hadn't had a full pre season in those 3 years either.
Because of injury or not being selected. There's a big difference.
You do know he was coming from a cricket background don't you. Not being AFL fit is different to being injured.

You do know he was coming from a cricket background don't you. Not being AFL fit is different to being injured.
Really?? He played cricket..... well I never. He was injured a fair bit in his 3 years.

The Dogs are looking for the now, we aren't.

Because it was written.

He had a medical with St Kilda but went with the Dogs. That's when they decided he needed surgery which we disagreed with.
Again, you only know about Saints and WB, how do you know other clubs weren’t interested but Keath wasn’t?

Mostly Injuries,
2017 played 6 AFL and 8 SANFL. from a possible 21 games
2018 Played 6 AFL and 6 SANFL. From a posible 21 games
2019 Played 18 AFl and 1 SANFL. From a Possible 21 games
Injuries ranging from Hamstrings, Ankle and Stress Fractures and struggle to complete a full preseason.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This sucks for him.

Central District small forward Isaya McKenzie’s dreams of an AFL contract this season have evaporated after rupturing his ACL training with West Coast.
Scans confirmed McKenzie, who hurt the knee on Friday morning, will need a reconstruction and he has been ruled out for the 2020 season

Hate to say it mate but I also don't believe Gall will be a player. Have a disturbing feeling he will be the next frustrating, ordinary player to play 200+.

Crushers MkII
Will be a good ordinary player who floats in and out before being delisted in 4-5 years

I was disappointed we picked him in the draft (funnily SPP was my top choice 🤫)
Royally buggered that one up in hindsight at present any one of below would’ve been great right now..
Marshall
Hayward
Witherden
J.Berry
Parfitt
Hey, even SPP

Hate to say it mate but I also don't believe Gall will be a player. Have a disturbing feeling he will be the next frustrating, ordinary player to play 200+.

Crushers MkII
I think this year will be it for him if he can't find some form of consistency.

We will have huge turnover in the next 2-3 seasons

So now Voss says that SPP will play forward and run through the midfield to “really scare some people”

😑😄

Is this the same as terrorizing Lachie Neale, which never happened?

There’s not another club or coach that talks about their players scaring other players.

What do they drink over there??

So now Voss says that SPP will play forward and run through the midfield to “really scare some people”

😑😄

Is this the same as terrorizing Lachie Neale, which never happened?

There’s not another club or coach that talks about their players scaring other players.

What do they drink over there??

Magpie bathwater...bottled in 1877

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back