2020 Trade & List Management discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Any one looked at how many piont we will need if we select the 3 NGA/Father sons.
Asumming we are luckly to use pick 1, 10 and pick 19 on draft picks along with the pick before or after our 2nd rd (atkins)
As it stand our current picks of 28, 42 50 and 61 equals 1480 pionts which will be reuced to 1097 if there are 7 NGA/father son picks from other Clubs.
which means if we go for all 3 of our own we need to hope they all don't go in the 2nd round. Even two picks in the 2rd put us over in pionts. and hurts us next year.
This year is not as easy as poeple believe for the Crows, espeacly since Borlase put on a very good performance and Newchurch is turning out to be a decent forward pick. Along with Edwards all could be in this years Draft 2nd rd picks.

However we may get pick 2 for Brad Crouch but that is far from a given as they are in talks
Atkins I am hoping give either the pick before or the pick after our 2nd pick band 2 or 3 make no differance to the Crows.
Hartigan a possible Pick in the Band 2-3 range if he take up free agency.
Note Band 2 and 3 means are basacly back to back pick for the Crows, band 2 is end of the first rd, followed by our current 2nd rd pick or band 3 which directly follows our 2nd rd pick on change will come if othe clubs get band 2 compensation.

Our only trade baits are Knight, Pohokle, Gallucci, maybe a contracted player do not know.

Going to be intresting trade and draft period, lots of possibilities.

Those guys aren't trade bait because they aren't worth anything. Even guys like Kelly, Seedsman and Lynch wouldn't be worth a pick inside the first two rounds.

Trade bait would be moving on someone like Smith.

Just an observation, but did anyone else get the feeling that Rory Sloane looked a bit disengaged after the game on the weekend? I know he's a much loved player and is universally respected and all, but I can't help but feel like he's slightly missed the mark a bit in his captaincy this year.

TBH I probably wouldn't have commented at all if I hadn't seen how amazingly well Tom Doedee looked with that same pressure and attention. That kid seemed to thrive under the rigors of the captaincy, in fact he seemed to be thirsty for it. Where-as Rory has almost seemed to shrink a bit into himself under it this year.
Take a look at B Crouch when the song was being sung.... already left the building.

The answer depends on Talia. If Talia has another 2-3 years, then Hartigan is probably surplus to requirements, and you trade him out for a future second or something.

I'm not convinced Talia has that long left in him though, so would rather keep Hartigan to play the Talia role in the team over the next 2-3 years.

That’s what I was thinking, he’s been pretty good this year and I think Tahlia’s body is a year to year proposition

Thanks

We won't use the PSD, what Carlton did re Martin will have burned all their bridges with the GCS's forever...it's a sh*t act and one path I would hope we'd have the good sense not to go down if GWS are fair in their dealing...and history shows the GWS are reasonable traders.
They are the one club I'd want to keep on good terms, plenty of potential recruits we can look at.

Those guys aren't trade bait because they aren't worth anything. Even guys like Kelly, Seedsman and Lynch wouldn't be worth a pick inside the first two rounds.

Trade bait would be moving on someone like Smith.
These guy are the only trade bait, we not going to trade Smith or anyone of his calabre unless they want out.

It always amazes me the number of body language experts, astrologists and trade whisperers we have here. This kinda crap is embarrassing.
To be honest I believe there would be a few on BF who have had the training required to sffiencient at ready body language. , however not the one commenting on Brad Crouch.

Perfect time for getting Hately. Having him in the middle with our smaller guys and the Crouch Bros as the older rotation.

Definite improvement on CEY and Greenwood.

In a year we have the PSD threat it means we can drive a good trade with GWS. Would mean that Poholke, Gibbs and potentially Gallucci all out the door if they can get the trade done.

Midfield of Hately, Keays, Crouch's, Shoey, Jones with support from Sloane, Laird etc

Perfect time for getting Hately. Having him in the middle with our smaller guys and the Crouch Bros as the older rotation.

Definite improvement on CEY and Greenwood.

In a year we have the PSD threat it means we can drive a good trade with GWS. Would mean that Poholke, Gibbs and potentially Gallucci all out the door if they can get the trade done.

Midfield of Hately, Keays, Crouch's, Shoey, Jones with support from Sloane, Laird etc
I think you will find B.Crouch knows he will be leaving and have been offered $700-750K and we will be getting a pick 2 compensation.

With Keays likely to get a list spot and if Crocker gets cut, we will have 2 rookie spots available. We may re rookie a couple players...

With Keays likely to get a list spot and if Crocker gets cut, we will have 2 rookie spots available. We may re rookie a couple players...
I think the rookie draft will be cut altogether along with an adjustment to list sizes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The answer depends on Talia. If Talia has another 2-3 years, then Hartigan is probably surplus to requirements, and you trade him out for a future second or something.

I'm not convinced Talia has that long left in him though, so would rather keep Hartigan to play the Talia role in the team over the next 2-3 years.
Umm they are the same age

It wasn't a dig at you specifically. It was a generalization about how so many people over-dramatize the concept of "Exceeding the Salary Cap".

For us the reality is that so much money is coming off the books in the next 15 months that signing some players at higher rates will almost be a necessity to even meet our minimum salary cap requirements.

In short as a 2020 Crows fan worrying about the 2021 salary cap is about as useful as trying to win a rocking chair race.
Yeah, that's fair enough - sorry, I thought you were having a dig at me, and I actually agree with you.

My point wasn't that we don't have room - we wouldn't even have $4m of the $13m cap spent yet for 2022 onwards - it's that you always consider the financial cost of a player when deciding whether you want to trade for him.

Sorry wasnt he a Rookie when he done his knee
Nope

He was a member of our SANFL top up squad and training with us with a view to maybe getting a rookie/list spot

Talia's body is actually in better shape than Hartigan's is if you look at it from that point of view.
Maybe that's part of the problem. He plays like a banged up 32 year old, even though he's 28. He's already the slowest player on our list, and is only just getting to the age where players start to lose their pace.

Big gamble to keep Talia and trade Hartigan imo

Remove this Banner Ad

Back