List Mgmt. 2024 List Mismanagement and Trading

Should the AFC offer Taylor Walker a contract for 2025?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

It’s a shitshow and further proof how incompetent and shit our drafting and list management has been. Fancy going into 2025 with the senior ruckman you’ve dropped against Nankervis and Grundy and watched the 28 year old understudy get bullied and slaughtered.

What a joke of a club we are.
They might have no choice but to play both rucks in the side at once

We were apparently trying to sign Ben Griscti (Adelaide born 210cm centre playing College Ball) as a Cat B rookie before he signed with the 36ers, so I do wonder if we have another Cat B target out there to fill that development ruck spot.
Absolutely what we should be doing.

We need to start asking questions though - who is making the offers/negotiating? Might need a change

It's going to be TT fellas. We are going to turn him into a career ruck because we suck at planning for the obvious.
Well, the game against Collingwood a few years ago when Thilthorpe lead the ruck and ROB started on the bench, he took strong contested marks around the ground to set up our attack and easily could have kicked 3 goals resting forward. The best game he played against a very good side.
1719228758103.png

Last edited:
If we are smart they’ll target that pick with Freo that is currently ports 1st and offer a swap of first picks
Our future first for that port 1st rounder
Likely a top 10 pick after Port free fall

Freo will want to trade into 2025 for Warner trade collateral

Gives us 4, 10 then welsh with f/s junk

Take
Draper
Dodson
Welsh

Why swap 4-6 next year for 10 this year?

It's going to be TT fellas. We are going to turn him into a career ruck because we suck at planning for the obvious.
We should give the TT & Berg duo a decent run to see how they go.

Further proof that a Dodson or Goad (or similarly aged type) will likely provide very little in the short term.
That's fine in my opinion. Not like we're contending for a premiership in the short term anyway.

Honestly, I think we'll be forced to tread water with O'Brien for next year, and possibly the year after. A developing ruck is an absolute necessity though.

Here's the top ranked rucks this season based on the Wheelo Rating. Historically it HAS been easy/cheap to trade in a decent ruck. You just need the foresight to do it a few years in advance and then develop them, both things we are terrible at.

The top half are all 25+ with the exception of Luke Jackson (who's a freak) and Ned Moyle (small sample size but disappointing to miss out on). Further proof that a Dodson or Goad (or similarly aged type) will likely provide very little in the short term.

Unless we can unearth a cheap option that isn't getting a game somewhere (so not on the list below) I think we may be stuck with ROB for next year when his contract expires (possibly beyond). Strachan was fun for a few minutes until you realise he has absolutely zero upper body strength. I'd give Toby Murray a game in there - at 20yo it goes against what I said above but he can't be any weaker than Strachan and would give us more around the ground than ROB.

View attachment 2029339
Pittonet, Draper and Bryan the only ones on the list who would be a viable option.

We were apparently trying to sign Ben Griscti (Adelaide born 210cm centre playing College Ball) as a Cat B rookie before he signed with the 36ers, so I do wonder if we have another Cat B target out there to fill that development ruck spot.
What’s Kai Sotto doing these days ? We’d be huge in the Phillipines if we signed him as a ruck…. Imagine the clicks 😁

Maybe this guy?

I'm sure our $80k offer will blow the NBA clubs offers out of the water

1719242613650.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

and for those that say just go out and grab a reserve ruck from another club - if we were talking to Moyle, he's rejected our offer. Glad we got Parnell the pick before Moyle was taken - what a kokup!

And because we were so enamoured with ROB, we failed to lure home Grundy who has gone on to transform the Swans

Grundy was going to come here, was he? All we needed to do was ask? You should let Port know that Grundy was aching to come to SA.

Dante Visintini
Henry Smith
Ned Reeves
Mark Pittonet
Max Ramsden
Shannon Neale
Harry Barnett

Sean Darcy?

Dante Visintini
Henry Smith
Ned Reeves
Mark Pittonet
Max Ramsden
Shannon Neale
Harry Barnett

Sean Darcy?
I wonder if Fremantle are secretly hoping someone makes them a good offer for Darcy?

Jackson is better in ruck than up forward and their other key forwards are starting to look okay.

That's a lot of salary to carry for 1st and 2nd ruckman. A Gawn-Grundy situation

Back