List Mgmt. 2020 Trade Thread - Part III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I lost the link, but there's a Tom Morris article on Josh Dunkley. Basically said that he has issues with the Bulldogs, particularly around discipline. So sounds like it's equally about him wanting out as it is Essendon sniffing around for him. The article also implied that while Essendon are an option for Dunkley, they aren't the only one or any certainty.

In that case, I hope we're also having a sniff.

Have a listen from roughly 9:30.

Listened to the interview.. Brad sounds like a really nice guy - he does however seem incredibly genuine about not wanting to leave Adelaide and the reasons why sounded quite real and not just football related haha. Interested to see what happens here!

Obviously you haven't been following 'champ'. Here's the story........

He wanted a 5 year deal. Obviously he knows this will be his last chance for that, and he has had a good few years after many sh*t ones with injury.
We weren't prepared to do such a long term deal. The club and him have been talking a lot all year and now we have bottomed out, he knows he will probably not be in our next/future premiership team. So knowing this, and knowing the club needs to rebuild, they agreed he can test the FA market and see what is offered. If the club ended up with a high pick as compo, and Brad got his long term deal, both win. But if they didn't, they would match any low offers and he would stay.
Brad has a guest spot on 5AA every Thursday arvo with Rowey and Bicks. I have listened to him all year. I am 100% convinced that what he has said, is what has happened, and that there is absolutely NO animosity between both parties. He has said all year, that he loves Adelaide, he loves the club, and he doesn't necessarily want to leave. His brother and long-term girlfriend are here. She lost her dad 2 yrs ago, and doesn't want to leave her family either. No idea what some of you are banging on about Greg Williams' daughter for. Brad Crouch's girlfriend is simply not her.

He has also said in one interview a while back he doesn't like Melbourne. He's a Ballarat boy. The club doesn't want to lose him, but both parties understand that both could win if a decent FA offer and compo were the result. If it doesn't eventuate, he will stay, the club will negotiate something suitable with him, and life goes on. To be honest we really can't afford to lose him as we'll be even worse if he goes. But with a serious eye on the future, maybe we just have to bite the bullet if he goes somewhere.
Thing about all this is, there is simply no animosity. Not sure why so many on here think that is a mandatory requirement when a player explore FA. It's just not. FA is about player freedom, and in Crouch's case, I absolutely understand why he is exploring his options.

Much emotion.

You spoke about brads love for the crows....
We don't care, but I'm sure its true.

You spoke about adelaides love for brad....

We don't care about those things because they don't mean anything of substance.

The facts are that there is clearly limits to the love brad and adelaide have for one another.

Brad doesn't want to play for the crows for a 1 year deal, no matter how much he loves them.

Equally, adelaide have declined to table him a multi year deal, and certainly nothing near the 4-5 years he has deemed acceptable from us.

I think you are completely right that brads preference is to play for the crows on a long term deal.

I think you are hopelessly wrong in thinking that adelaides preference is to keep brad for 4-5 years if he does not attract ripping compensation.

You are right that the crows and brad love eachother- but you are utterly wrong in thinking that love is unconditional.

It is actually very conditional it seems, especially on the crows side- or else brad wouldn't be 48 hours away from being a saint for free on a modest wage.

I lost the link, but there's a Tom Morris article on Josh Dunkley. Basically said that he has issues with the Bulldogs, particularly around discipline. So sounds like it's equally about him wanting out as it is Essendon sniffing around for him. The article also implied that while Essendon are an option for Dunkley, they aren't the only one or any certainty.

Stuff the couch and the crows I want dunkley

1. Obviously you haven't been following 'champ'. Here's the story........

He wanted a 5 year deal. Obviously he knows this will be his last chance for that, and he has had a good few years after many sh*t ones with injury.
    We weren't prepared to do such a long term deal. The club and him have been talking a lot all year and now we have bottomed out, he knows he will probably not be in our next/future premiership team. So knowing this, and knowing the club needs to rebuild, they agreed he can test the FA market and see what is offered. If the club ended up with a high pick as compo, and Brad got his long term deal, both win. But if they didn't, they would match any low offers and he would stay.
    Brad has a guest spot on 5AA every Thursday arvo with Rowey and Bicks. I have listened to him all year. I am 100% convinced that what he has said, is what has happened, and that there is absolutely NO animosity between both parties. He has said all year, that he loves Adelaide, he loves the club, and he doesn't necessarily want to leave. His brother and long-term girlfriend are here. She lost her dad 2 yrs ago, and doesn't want to leave her family either. No idea what some of you are banging on about Greg Williams' daughter for. Brad Crouch's girlfriend is simply not her.

He has also said in one interview a while back he doesn't like Melbourne. He's a Ballarat boy. The club doesn't want to lose him, but both parties understand that both could win if a decent FA offer and compo were the result. If it doesn't eventuate, he will stay, the club will negotiate something suitable with him, and life goes on. To be honest we really can't afford to lose him as we'll be even worse if he goes. But with a serious eye on the future, maybe we just have to bite the bullet if he goes somewhere.
    Thing about all this is, there is simply no animosity. Not sure why so many on here think that is a mandatory requirement when a player explore FA. It's just not. FA is about player freedom, and in Crouch's case, I absolutely understand why he is exploring his options.

So were your Recruiting Staff to stupid to tell him what a Band1 offer with perks to get Pick 2 would be so that everybody from both Teams wouldn't be wasting each others time.

Dunkley is probably pissed off with Beveridge playing him in the ruck because English is a spud ruckman, he wouldn't have that problem with us.

That Crows poster lost me in his rant when he scoffed at the daughter of Greg Williams knowing anything about the Brad Crouch situation.

He obviously has no idea based on that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Imagine a player having problems with discipline then Donning the Scarlet Gash.
Departure: Frying Pan
Arrival: Tullamarine.

Hmmmm Tullamarine is an interesting name. 20km from the sea. Let's see...

Wikipedia:
The name is thought to derive from Tullamareena, a young member of the Wurundjeri (who later in 1838 escaped from the first Melbourne Gaol, burning it down in the process)

So they named the place after an escaped crim, then changed the name to reflect the seafaring nature of this crappy suburb miles from the sea.

🤣🤣🤣

Be nice if Brad Crouch joined us, but if it's not meant to be, fine. There seems to be a few things still in the shops....with a discount. And I can't help thinking we have something in mind for our 1st Round pick. Some smokey. Hidden away by Libba and his gang. A Cripps or a Bont. Must be some gems there that will slide.

A second round pick from next year and Collingwood pick up some of the tab....and I'm not against Treloar. If anyone knows anything about the guy....Gubby will.

Very happy our hand is close to the chest.

Imagine a player having problems with discipline then Donning the Scarlet Gash.
Departure: Frying Pan
Arrival: Tullamarine.

Hmmmm Tullamarine is an interesting name. 20km from the sea. Let's see...

Wikipedia:
The name is thought to derive from Tullamareena, a young member of the Wurundjeri (who later in 1838 escaped from the first Melbourne Gaol, burning it down in the process)

So they named the place after an escaped crim, then changed the name to reflect the seafaring nature of this crappy suburb miles from the sea.

🤣🤣🤣
Luckily I come to Bigfooty each day to learn about history, geography and politics with maybe a little bit of trade news thrown in. Thanks everyone!

Just in, Carlisle to the Hawks on a 3 year contract, but with a clause, for him not to play any final games, due to the births of child 4, 5 & 6.

Would of course be a waste of ink including finals clauses in hawthorn contracts for the foreseeable future.
I think this season was his 3rd out of 11 that he made finals, with him sitting out the last one. As happy as I am that the Hawks will be down for a while, it'd be sad if that's the end of Jake's top 8 chances.

Much emotion.

You spoke about brads love for the crows....

You spoke about adelaides love for brad....

We don't care about those things because they don't mean anything of substance.

The facts are that there is clearly limits to the love brad and adelaide have for one another.

Brad doesn't want to play for the crows for a 1 year deal, no matter how much he loves them.

Equally, adelaide have declined to table him a multi year deal, and certainly nothing near the 4-5 years he has deemed acceptable from us.

I think you are completely right that brads preference is to play for the crows on a long term deal.

I think you are hopelessly wrong in thinking that adelaides preference is to keep brad for 4-5 years if he does not attract ripping compensation.

You are right that the crows and brad love eachother- but you are utterly wrong in thinking that love is unconditional.

It is actually very conditional it seems, especially on the crows side- or else brad wouldn't be 48 hours away from being a saint for free on a modest wage.

Ha ha right. We'll see.

Listened to the interview.. Brad sounds like a really nice guy - he does however seem incredibly genuine about not wanting to leave Adelaide and the reasons why sounded quite real and not just football related haha. Interested to see what happens here!

Mate it's just nice to have a decent response from an adult, thanks. Yep I agree. It will be interesting to see what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back