List Mgmt. 2020 Trade Thread - Part III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
f68df44f089e21e860c6b8d60ea3cefe.png

Hi guys, been away since Saturday. I’ve checked the whispers thread but can anyone give me a tl;dr since then inclusive of any potential memes that have caught on
To be honest, you will be much more entertained reading the Adelaide board. Some of the melts over there are glorious

Here we have mostly just been laughing at their board (particularly since we called their bluff on the Crouch deal), and arguing with the odd brain-dead, inbred feral that wanders over thinking we might be interested in their opinion. Some muppet called ABAB was a particularly spectacular kind of stupid

Other then that, we are just celebrating the end of lockdown and the fact we 'can go any pub'

Oh and Flamingo still doing his thing!

Think that should mostly cover it

To be honest, you will be much more entertained reading the Adelaide board. Some of the melts over there are glorious

Here we have mostly just been laughing at their board (particularly since we called their bluff on the Crouch deal), and arguing with the odd brain-dead, inbred feral that wanders over thinking we might be interested in their opinion. Some muppet called ABAB was a particularly spectacular kind of stupid

Other then that, we are just celebrating the end of lockdown and the fact we 'can go any pub'

Oh and Flamingo still doing his thing!

Think that should cover it
Pick 15 and billings for crouch is pretty funny I must admit

It's going to be a interesting week - what will Crows do with Crouch , will Lonie go to the Dogs , has Dunstan already made his mind up that he is leaving , will Carlisle stay a Saint , will any of Ross , Webster , Roberton , McKenzie , Savage leave.
Have we got any more players earmarked to join the Saints.

Like I've said previously now is the time for gags to show if he has a sharp edge. If he rolls over and we end up trading a first for crouch it shows he doesn't have one. Which means we need to get used to being soft to get a deal done.
I'm getting used to us getting deals done, splitting one pick for two and generally winning most negotiations

"...the Crows’ stance on Brad Crouch appears to be softening."

The video is worth watching just to see Leigh Montagna's face when Morris talks about the Crows just giving us what we want. No surprise that Old Mate Joey is sympathetic to Adelaide's views, because he's getting closer and closer to Darren Jarman. Gonna have to lay off mama's lasagna for a few months, Leigh! Some people look good with a fatter figure but mate you're not one of them.

If you take out the whole Free Agency thing for a second, what do people think Crouch is actually worth? I've seen a lot of mocking the idea that he is worth pick 15, so thought I'd check what a pick around there actually gets you. Below is picks 14, 15, 16 from last 10 seasons. As best I can tell, Crouch is far better than the majority of these players.

2019:

Miles Bergman

Cody Weightman

Cooper Stephens

2018:

Jackson Hately

Jordan Clark

Ned McHenry

2017:

Matthew Ling

Zac Bailey

Ed Richards

2016:

Harry Perryman

Jordan Gallucci

Todd Marshall

2015:

Eric Hipwood (Academy)

Daniel Rioli

Harrison Himmelberg (Academy)

2014:

Jake Lever

Jarrod Garlett

Sam Durdin

2013:

Cameron McCarthy

Zak Jones

Darcy Lang

2012:

Aidan Corr

Taylor Garner

Jackson Thurlow

2011 (Crouch draft year):

Devon Smith

Brandon Ellis

Thomas Sheridan

2010:

Brodie Smith

Billie Smedts

Ben Jacobs

Breaking news boys and girls. There's been a leak from the Adelaide War Room with yesterday's negotiation call.

They appear to speak in code. I believe "killing the Zohan" means signing Brad Crouch and that the yoghurt store is our draft picks? Very weird.

Also they call Lethers "The Phantom"

Obviously you haven't been following 'champ'. Here's the story........

He wanted a 5 year deal. Obviously he knows this will be his last chance for that, and he has had a good few years after many sh*t ones with injury.
We weren't prepared to do such a long term deal. The club and him have been talking a lot all year and now we have bottomed out, he knows he will probably not be in our next/future premiership team. So knowing this, and knowing the club needs to rebuild, they agreed he can test the FA market and see what is offered. If the club ended up with a high pick as compo, and Brad got his long term deal, both win. But if they didn't, they would match any low offers and he would stay.
Brad has a guest spot on 5AA every Thursday arvo with Rowey and Bicks. I have listened to him all year. I am 100% convinced that what he has said, is what has happened, and that there is absolutely NO animosity between both parties. He has said all year, that he loves Adelaide, he loves the club, and he doesn't necessarily want to leave. His brother and long-term girlfriend are here. She lost her dad 2 yrs ago, and doesn't want to leave her family either. No idea what some of you are banging on about Greg Williams' daughter for. Brad Crouch's girlfriend is simply not her.

He has also said in one interview a while back he doesn't like Melbourne. He's a Ballarat boy. The club doesn't want to lose him, but both parties understand that both could win if a decent FA offer and compo were the result. If it doesn't eventuate, he will stay, the club will negotiate something suitable with him, and life goes on. To be honest we really can't afford to lose him as we'll be even worse if he goes. But with a serious eye on the future, maybe we just have to bite the bullet if he goes somewhere.
Thing about all this is, there is simply no animosity. Not sure why so many on here think that is a mandatory requirement when a player explore FA. It's just not. FA is about player freedom, and in Crouch's case, I absolutely understand why he is exploring his options.

Have a listen from roughly 9:30.

Date of Interview?

Date of (first? second?) strike for illicit drugs and subsequent fallout with the club?

If you match it seems to me he'll be on a longer more lucrative contract AFTER he gets done for possession than before - interesting way to set the standards for the youngsters in the club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you take out the whole Free Agency thing for a second, what do people think Crouch is actually worth? I've seen a lot of mocking the idea that he is worth pick 15, so thought I'd check what a pick around there actually gets you. Below is picks 14, 15, 16 from last 10 seasons. As best I can tell, Crouch is far better than the majority of these players.

2019:

Miles Bergman

Cody Weightman

Cooper Stephens

2018:

Jackson Hately

Jordan Clark

Ned McHenry

2017:

Matthew Ling

Zac Bailey

Ed Richards

2016:

Harry Perryman

Jordan Gallucci

Todd Marshall

2015:

Eric Hipwood (Academy)

Daniel Rioli

Harrison Himmelberg (Academy)

2014:

Jake Lever

Jarrod Garlett

Sam Durdin

2013:

Cameron McCarthy

Zak Jones

Darcy Lang

2012:

Aidan Corr

Taylor Garner

Jackson Thurlow

2011 (Crouch draft year):

Devon Smith

Brandon Ellis

Thomas Sheridan

2010:

Brodie Smith

Billie Smedts

Ben Jacobs
Are you talking about a 27 year old player who rarely plays a full season due to injuries and has recently been found by the police in possession of cocaine? Because I don't see many draftees with that profile.

Obviously you haven't been following 'champ'. Here's the story........

He wanted a 5 year deal. Obviously he knows this will be his last chance for that, and he has had a good few years after many sh*t ones with injury.
We weren't prepared to do such a long term deal. The club and him have been talking a lot all year and now we have bottomed out, he knows he will probably not be in our next/future premiership team. So knowing this, and knowing the club needs to rebuild, they agreed he can test the FA market and see what is offered. If the club ended up with a high pick as compo, and Brad got his long term deal, both win. But if they didn't, they would match any low offers and he would stay.
Brad has a guest spot on 5AA every Thursday arvo with Rowey and Bicks. I have listened to him all year. I am 100% convinced that what he has said, is what has happened, and that there is absolutely NO animosity between both parties. He has said all year, that he loves Adelaide, he loves the club, and he doesn't necessarily want to leave. His brother and long-term girlfriend are here. She lost her dad 2 yrs ago, and doesn't want to leave her family either. No idea what some of you are banging on about Greg Williams' daughter for. Brad Crouch's girlfriend is simply not her.

He has also said in one interview a while back he doesn't like Melbourne. He's a Ballarat boy. The club doesn't want to lose him, but both parties understand that both could win if a decent FA offer and compo were the result. If it doesn't eventuate, he will stay, the club will negotiate something suitable with him, and life goes on. To be honest we really can't afford to lose him as we'll be even worse if he goes. But with a serious eye on the future, maybe we just have to bite the bullet if he goes somewhere.
Thing about all this is, there is simply no animosity. Not sure why so many on here think that is a mandatory requirement when a player explore FA. It's just not. FA is about player freedom, and in Crouch's case, I absolutely understand why he is exploring his options.

Have a listen from roughly 9:30.

Too long. Summary please.

I think I have solved the puzzle of the flamingo.

"can go any club" We think 'Football Club', but we are deceived by this.
If you consider other types of club, perhaps golf club. But of what relevance is a golf club in the trade period?

Consider not the golfer, but the person that suggests what club to the golfer ("any club"), and I think that you too will arrive at the intended conclusion of the Flamingo conundrum.
Welcome Josh.

Next year will be interesting with all these key forwards moving, I think Melbourne will get a bargain in Ben Brown. He is a top bloke with massive up side no idea what North are thinking. I would prefer him over Daniher personally cheaper yr wage and less injury prone, Cameron is on stupid money which will make things interesting when the next salary negotiations happen with some of Geelong's talent. Hogan who knows what he could be if he gets his head right all I know is that if I was a Freo supporter I'd be annoyed thinking that with Pick 6 they could of had Ben King instead.
27106ca69fbf8813f8f90535bb593cda.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back