List Mgmt. 2020 Trade Thread - Part III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ha ha right. We'll see.

I have to be honest mate, if all this talk about how much Brad Crouch and the Crows love each other is true then this is likely the dumbest situation possible. They were never going to get pick 2, no one outside of some Crows fans would have even thought it if they didn't carry on the way they did. And at Brad's age they would have been relatively safe offering him a 3-4 year modest deal with triggers and without the stuff around.

If the Crows decide to match and Brad Crouch decides to stay good for them and him. Colossal waste of time and effort for all involved.

Obviously you haven't been following 'champ'. Here's the story........

He wanted a 5 year deal. Obviously he knows this will be his last chance for that, and he has had a good few years after many sh*t ones with injury.
We weren't prepared to do such a long term deal. The club and him have been talking a lot all year and now we have bottomed out, he knows he will probably not be in our next/future premiership team. So knowing this, and knowing the club needs to rebuild, they agreed he can test the FA market and see what is offered. If the club ended up with a high pick as compo, and Brad got his long term deal, both win. But if they didn't, they would match any low offers and he would stay.
Brad has a guest spot on 5AA every Thursday arvo with Rowey and Bicks. I have listened to him all year. I am 100% convinced that what he has said, is what has happened, and that there is absolutely NO animosity between both parties. He has said all year, that he loves Adelaide, he loves the club, and he doesn't necessarily want to leave. His brother and long-term girlfriend are here. She lost her dad 2 yrs ago, and doesn't want to leave her family either. No idea what some of you are banging on about Greg Williams' daughter for. Brad Crouch's girlfriend is simply not her.

He has also said in one interview a while back he doesn't like Melbourne. He's a Ballarat boy. The club doesn't want to lose him, but both parties understand that both could win if a decent FA offer and compo were the result. If it doesn't eventuate, he will stay, the club will negotiate something suitable with him, and life goes on. To be honest we really can't afford to lose him as we'll be even worse if he goes. But with a serious eye on the future, maybe we just have to bite the bullet if he goes somewhere.
Thing about all this is, there is simply no animosity. Not sure why so many on here think that is a mandatory requirement when a player explore FA. It's just not. FA is about player freedom, and in Crouch's case, I absolutely understand why he is exploring his options.

Have a listen from roughly 9:30.

Ballarat has **** all coke. They are more an ice hole. No way he goes back there to play footy, I doubt their VFL team even got a licence so you won't even to get some trade currency from them. To be honest he's probably leaving to get away from his 5AA embarrassment.

He's gone brother, it's like your girlfriend telling you she's wants some space to see other people. It's code for you're a ****ing loser I'm off to bang some hot guys that don't spend 15 hours a day on Bigfooty.

Last edited:

Guessing Adelaide hasn't matched because they're trying to work out if they can get a better deal from us. Unlike Geelong, we have very limited currency and greater capacity to walk away:

2020 1st rounder - Not on the table as it's our only early(ish) pick. Would only get used right at the deadline if at all.
2020 other picks - Way too late
2021 1st rounder - Also not on the table since trading this means no other future picks can be traded, our current hand suggests a future pick for Higgins
2021 2nd rounder - inevitably worse than free agent compensation

They're painted into a corner here and they know it. Hoping they do what we did with Steven last year, grit their teeth and do what's right for the player. If they want a trade, it'll be slow and painful and only 50/50 to get what they want

Are you talking about a 27 year old player who rarely plays a full season due to injuries and has recently been found by the police in possession of cocaine? Because I don't see many draftees with that profile.
Charlie Curnow? But 8 years younger

No idea what some of you are banging on about Greg Williams' daughter for. Brad Crouch's girlfriend is simply not her.

Congrats Saints BF board. For five years, the Greg Williams daughter memes have seemed increasingly irrelevant and obtuse but now, in hindsight, it was all obviously leading to this point. A desperate Adelaide Crows fan banging on on about Brad Crouch for seven pages and adding for good measure that BRAD CROUCH HAS A GIRLFRIEND AND SHE IS NOT DIESEL'S DAUGHTER.

That had absolutely made my bleary eyed morning.

Seems it’s true 🤔

xVSehZN.jpg

Whether we get Bert Couch or not, the Adelaide thread is delightful reading. Another doozy;

“Time for the club to ask for Jack Steele or Hunter Clark...and also their first round pick”

Remind me what tops delusions of grandeur? Haha

Is Bert and Ernie code for Crouch and Treloar?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Brad Crouch

Can use any club

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It seems some of the monkeys are going through the 5 stages of grief faster then others.

that board is currently:

75% Angry
20% Bargaining
5% Depressed

There’s an incredible range on there. Quite a few astute posters then some absolute clowns.
I probably just described bigfooty tbf.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Wont happen for two seconds
We still need a first rounder
Nah let’s just get collingwood’s 2021 fr and use the lower pick in the Bing trade next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back