List Mgmt. 2020 Trade Thread - Part III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Matthew Lloyd was asked that once and said he reckons they could - that Bing is your lead up CHF type and Winx is the stay at home FF.

Having said that, I'm not sure how it would work. Unless Bing was a CHB / CHF swingman.

You're right that another club could offer him more than we will be able to.

Our hope is the romance of playing with his brother at the club they both grew up adoring somehow outweighs the financial aspects. When he comes OOC we will be right in the window so hopefully that sways him. One can dream
You'd just play Bing in the forward ruck role with Marshall.

No doubt it would work IMO.

This may be one for those on here who have a far greater understanding of the AFL’s rules and regulations than I do.

Just wondering...

If Max and Ben, instead of being identical twins, had’ve been conjoined twins...

Would we have had to use two draft picks on them, or just the one? 🤔
Would have gone at pick 1.

Thought I heard on Trade Radio yesterday that Doggies are going to go hard for Bing next year.
imagine the irony of Josh Bruce jumping ship from St Kilda cause he could see Max King taking his spot only for the dogs to pull Ben King in to take his spot ...

The romance is there, he wants to eventually be back in Victoria.
it’s just that I think another Melbourne club can make him the big dog.
Max and Ben could never work in the same forward line either.
I dunno.

Twins have a natural urge to be together 😎

2tBt4HC.jpg

No idea why guns like Caldwell and Dunkley wanna go to a non top 8 club like Essendon. They must have some top line gear hidden away.
It's the promise of 'financial mentoring' with the Essendonian cotorie that made Welsh rich.
It was the deciding factor for Sheil.
How this isn't valued by the AFL as an incentive outside of the cap is a mystery to me. But I suppose all clubs offer 'opportunities' outside of the game for top players.

It's the promise of 'financial mentoring' with the Essendonian cotorie that made Welsh rich.
It was the deciding factor for Sheil.
How this isn't valued by the AFL as an incentive outside of the cap is a mystery to me. But I suppose all clubs offer 'opportunities' outside of the game for top players.

How could they put a monetary value on “advice”?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This may be one for those on here who have a far greater understanding of the AFL’s rules and regulations than I do.

Just wondering...

If Max and Ben, instead of being identical twins, had’ve been conjoined twins...

Would we have had to use two draft picks on them, or just the one? 🤔
Dunno. But want to see your photoshop.
Wc6ukY7.jpg

I honestly think Bing is a pipe dream.

He’s lived in the shadow of Max all through his junior footy days - gets drafted and finally becomes the main man at a club. Why come to a club with your brother to go straight back into the “King Twins” convo rather than the “Ben King Show” (even if it’s the club you supported as a kid where your twin has already been the main man for years).
We love romanticising the idea but I just can’t see it happening - I hope I’m so wrong and we see him in the RWB but shit man, I’m not confident about it at all.

Anything going on with us regarding Quinton Narkle?

He’s lived in the shadow of Max all through his junior footy days - gets drafted and finally becomes the main man at a club. Why come to a club with your brother to go straight back into the “King Twins” convo rather than the “Ben King Show” (even if it’s the club you supported as a kid where your twin has already been the main man for years).
We love romanticising the idea but I just can’t see it happening - I hope I’m so wrong and we see him in the RWB but sh*t man, I’m not confident about it at all.
I feel the same. As a matter of fact I’ve given up on trying to get him. If we do it’s a bonus.
Next year let’s go all in for a big fish like Kelly or something. I’d say Cripps but he will only leave the Blues to go to WA I reckon.

Bing is on $1mil/yr. I can't see us going there, unless he wants a "job" at SEEK
Maybe we can find him another job with SEEK??

The romance is there, he wants to eventually be back in Victoria.
it’s just that I think another Melbourne club can make him the big dog.
Max and Ben could never work in the same forward line either.

Absolutely agree with this can't see one of the most highly rated key forwards wanting to come to St Kilda to play CHB for half the money he was already on at GC. The chance was to grab him before he had settled but that was scuttled by the AFL. GC are going to be better next year they are the new GWS stacked with talent all the same age they showed plenty this year and will keep improving. Other Vic clubs will be offering ridiculous money at the end of his current contract and he has already turned us down for a big pay day once. Would not be a smart move for him or us.

As for the strategy of going to the draft that is very reassuring to hear was getting concerned we thought our window was 2021 our best will come when Clark Marshall Coffield Battle Paton Long Howard King have played 100 games. We will need to find more talent in the draft to add to these. Trading is about fixing the holes in your list not building it. Was disappointed to miss on Caldwell for this reason. Would have added to our talent pipeline, Higgins is young enough to invest in but we can't add too many 27 year olds at the expense of our draft hand or we will risk not maximising the potential this list has to be great.

As for Ross reality is he is probably at peak value now. He is a restricted free agent next year and may be the one who misses out most with Brad Crouch joining if he is in and out of the side next year we are going to lose him for nothing at the end of the year. This is the year to trade him. I don't think he can play anywhere other than starting mid and I prefer Steele Crouch Jones Gresham Clark. Crouch is going to take his spot and I expect he can see the writing on the wall.

We love romanticising the idea but I just can’t see it happening - I hope I’m so wrong and we see him in the RWB but sh*t man, I’m not confident about it at all.
Wakelin Twins say hi

Dogs trying to recreate the Ryder and Marshall magic by recruiting Stefan Martin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back