List Mgmt. 2020 Trade Thread - Part III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys, Collingwood have to trade Treloar, and they will. They are prepared to pay a quarter of his money for next year, and want a first this year.
At this stage none of that appeals to us. We will hover around and wait for the terms to become more agreeable.
We have been working the phones hard today on players we want to move on. We obviously need to get money off our books if we want to add another big contract.
One of our mids has his nose out of joint with our trade activity, will be interesting to see what may eventuate from that.
as long as the mid whose noseis out of joint is dunstan, i am happy to move him off for a 2nd round draft pick. anyone?

On the outcomes of the advice?
Whether the advice was 'buy this million dollar block of land from me for fifty grand'?
I'm sure investigators and auditors have processes to track financial interactions.

Yeah, but then theyā€™d just set up a Cayman Islands shelf company and do it through that, and no-one would ever be able to prove anything. This stuff is very hard.

No idea why guns like Caldwell and Dunkley wanna go to a non top 8 club like Essendon. They must have some top line gear hidden away.

It's at A-mart by the sound of it.

Anyone else was secretly hoping that Adelaide match so that we're much more likely to get Treloar? He's obviously the better player and getting both was always going to be too unlikely :/
The timing was actually perfect which allowed us to stomp all over Adelaides bluffing, we lose no picks and pay around half the salary of Treloar for a similar quality player, so I donā€™t think we can can complain.

Iā€™m sure we can make Treloar happen if we really want it to happen, but with his current injuries and salary we can probably do better by looking elsewhere.

The romance is there, he wants to eventually be back in Victoria.
itā€™s just that I think another Melbourne club can make him the big dog.
Max and Ben could never work in the same forward line either.
If he does come back there will be big pressure from the family for it to be StKilda. Iā€™m far from an ITK but do have a very tenuous link to someone in his family and they are all huge Saints fans. Might not matter in the end but it will be there. The twins both strike me as being super driven and ruthless so it is much more important that we are an environment that Max sees as on the path to success then getting Ben back.

The timing was actually perfect which allowed us to stomp all over Adelaides bluffing, we lose no picks and pay around half the salary of Treloar for a similar quality player, so I donā€™t think we can can complain.

Iā€™m sure we can make Treloar happen if we really want it to happen, but with his current injuries and salary we can probably do better by looking elsewhere.
Given his injuries, Iā€™m hoping we get Treloar, but as cheap as possible once Pies get desperate. I have no idea what this looks like but something like splitting our pick 17 and 50 odd for something in the 20s and 30s. Maybe on trading that 20s pick and a pick we get for a fringe player for Trealor, keeping a pick for ourselves somewhere. Or then bundling that 20s pick and a later pick for like Dogs earlier pick (as theyā€™d likely take points), then using Dogs first for Treloar.

Itā€˜s ways understand for Treloar (and just an example), but Pies may get desperate or we just donā€™t bite. Happy either way... Iā€™m sure Gags and Lethers have a few situations like that brewing for the next week.

Nobody is going to give up a first rounder for Treloar when itā€™s an obvious salary dump. Heā€™ll be super gettable soon and I hope we go get him.

We have been chasing a mid for years and have landed one, and he isnā€™t elite. If we can get Treloar for unders than go for it. How many of the top end mids next year will stay? If weā€™re are lucky 1 will be open to a move and we will be fighting with a number of clubs with deeper pockets and better off field incentives.

Although I still feel we are missing a Tall Back and a ruck or Ruck/fwd to partner Bog Ro. We will have Hanners, Robo and Gears coming off contract to free up some cash.

Crouch with utter contempt & elite trolling of the AFC.

Crouch said leaving Adelaide was a ā€œcomplete no-brainerā€.

LOL

Cr(Ouch)!
We werenā€™t so thrilled when Bruce gave us some cracks on the way out. Would rather Brad just left without making waves just quietly -
thatā€™s our job šŸ¤£

Ricciuto said St Kilda and Crouch put the Crows in an unwinnable situation because no other club was willing to enter the race for Crouch.

ā€œThe reason why St Kilda went for Brad Crouch is because heā€™s a free agent, so they can get him for nothing,ā€ Ricciuto said on Triple M Breakfast in Adelaide.

LOL just wow, Crows need to keep this bloke involved at the club for ever
fdhmYD3.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ben King on around $700k per season on this contract. Thatā€™s the only reason he signed, too good to knock back at 20yo.

Ben King on around $700k per season on this contract. Thatā€™s the only reason he signed, too good to knock back at 20yo.
As much as I wouldā€™ve loved an early crack at him, just for the good of the game, I was glad to see a young player commit to longer than the 2 years. Too many leaving, some for valid reasons of course. But it just feels good for the game when good young kids stay at their clubs in states theyā€™re not from.

If we trade this years first round pick, then we cant trade next years which is why we want to use one this year.
I don't think the restriction is on trading first rounders, it's more a requirement to use a first rounder in the draft - and it doesn't necessarily need to be your originally earnt first rounder, it could be traded in or even free agency compo pick.

On SM-T290 using BigFooty.com mobile app

As much as I wouldā€™ve loved an early crack at him, just for the good of the game, I was glad to see a young player commit to longer than the 2 years. Too many leaving, some for valid reasons of course. But it just feels good for the game when food young kids stay at their clubs in states theyā€™re not from.

I agree. Iā€™ve got a soft spot for the Suns. Some great mates have worked for the club. Theyā€™ve done it tough but I think theyā€™re on the right track, just need to watch the salary cap now.

So he is on 500k + 300k from afl

all of which GC need to absorb next year
If we donā€™t make Bing our chb in a couple of years we have missed a big opportunity.

pay him the 800k a year and letā€™s win a cup

Last edited:
As much as I wouldā€™ve loved an early crack at him, just for the good of the game, I was glad to see a young player commit to longer than the 2 years. Too many leaving, some for valid reasons of course. But it just feels good for the game when good young kids stay at their clubs in states theyā€™re not from.
Big no to this, stuff FoldCoast
Stupid new teams have ruined the talent pool and made us wait ten years for any hope. More kids that leave the closer they are to folding
Edit
After I posted this I then read MG post. Sorry MG no disrespect, but gee at the age of 40 i could have followed any other club apart from Melb and been alive to see a GF win...what are the odds.

So he is on 500k + 300k from afl

all of which go need to absorb next year
If we donā€™t make Bing our chb in a couple of years we have missed a big opportunity.

pay him the 800k a year and letā€™s win a cup
Can just see the image in my head of the two King boys triumphantly hoisting the premiership cup at the MCG.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back