List Mgmt. 2020 Trade Thread - Part III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shaun McKernan is like having Josh Bruce still on the list, except he's a better ruckman, costs 1/4 of the salary and won't expect to be picked every week.

And from all reports doesn’t seem to be a flog

If Carlisle leaves, which I think he will, for a bigger contract & dollars, due to his extending family. Then, we will lack quality & have inexperience with our KPP stocks. Who's still out there? that we could grab?

see my post pg 245.

I've got Brynes & Bytel in my best 22, at the minute. That means that our midfield depth, would be thin, especially as expected, that Dunstan is traded. Wouldn't be relying on just Phillips & Sinclair as back ups. Thus why, Higgins & Treloar would be awesome.

And from all reports doesn’t seem to be a flog

He plays some good footy, he's been pretty unlucky to be at the wrong club at the wrong times. He could have had a Bruce like career if he'd timed things right.

I've got Brynes & Bytel in my best 22, at the minute. That means that our midfield depth, would be thin, especially as expected, that Dunstan is traded. Wouldn't be relying on just Phillips & Sinclair as back ups. Thus why, Higgins & Treloar would be awesome.
How on earth did you come to that conclusion? 4 games between em' :tearsofjoy:

This situation with Ross is approaching the valuable externally / valuable internally intersection and heading right in the direction of the David Armitage no through road.

I tried telling you guys 2 years ago we should look at moving Seb Ross on while he has value, but all I got back was "he's one of our best" blah blah blah and blah blah blah "B&F" etc.

The club were similarly unmoved to shift him. So he stayed. And stood aside as Jack Steele took his spot and excelled in it more than Seb had in many years previously, leaving our 2 time B&F winner to only hold onto a spot in the 22 by grabbing Steele's old gig as tagger.

Any noises about him looking around at another club have interested the AFL community as much as one of Brendan Fevola's beer burps, contrast this to the commotion made by Brad Crouch, Shaun Higgins, Adam Treloar and so on. Of course he was never in the same level as those players, but my point is no one cares about Seb Ross except us and Tim Watson.

His value will keep shrivelling and we are destined to watch another favourite son wither on the vine. Just like David Armitage once was an attractive looking trade but we blanched at the idea of selling him at his peak, we have missed the boat with Ross and if we do manage to punt him, like Jack Steven it will be for massive unders.

We have to understand that pro teams don't keep all their stars, they keep most, sell off one or two to make space for and finance the next crop. It's hard to take but it works better than the alternative. I'm as emotional and attached to our players as anyone but we must be ruthless if we want to get anywhere near the top.
Sounds like when many posters on here were melting when josh Bruce was rumoured to be moving on.
“Josh” “oh no we can’t lose him” Our super star key forward!
what are we going to do without him.

14th to 6th 🤦🏻‍♂️

How is that possible? I don’t have room for either of them.

Steele, Crouch, Ross, Jones, Gresham, Clark, Hannebery, Hill, Billings, Sinclair in the midfield and on the wing would be ahead of those two.

If Carlisle leaves, which I think he will, for a bigger contract & dollars, due to his extending family. Then, we will lack quality & have inexperience with our KPP stocks. Who's still out there? that we could grab?
see my post pg 245.

Here is the post:
AFL Trade Radio -

"Things are looking more positive with us regarding Jake Carlisle... there'll be a resolution there soon"

- James Gallagher (Saints list boss)

#AFLTrade

How on earth did you come to that conclusion? 4 games between em' :tearsofjoy:
Well, they both performed well in scratch matches, often the best 2, so no reason why they won't, make improvement in next season. And Ross could struggle too, with the arrival of Crouch

Last edited:
How is that possible? I don’t have room for either of them.

Steele, Crouch, Ross, Jones, Gresham, Clark, Hannebery, Hill, Billings, Sinclair in the midfield and on the wing would be ahead of those two.
Billings I don't see in the midfield-too soft. And Sinclair should be a reserve mid, even though he played OK this season.

Billings I don't see in the midfield-too soft. And Sinclair should be a reserve mid, even though he played OK this season.

Billings has runs on the board as a wing. Wingmen don’t need to be hard in and under types. There is zero chance Byrnes plays wing ahead of Billings who has racked up 500+ disposals in a season in that position.

I think Billings is better as a HFF, but the fact is he will be rotating into the wing when the starting mids need a rest

That list is 10 deep, and includes Clark who will likely start at HBF, and Billings and Gresham as HFF. Sinclair can also play a flank at either end. The other 6 are likely to be starting mids or rotating in off the bench.

Even if you take a couple out how is there room for Bytel and Byrnes in the same 22? It doesn’t make sense, you must have left out some other position players and left us light in some other area to include them both.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Billings has runs on the board as a wing. Wingmen don’t need to be hard in and under types. There is zero chance Byrnes plays wing ahead of Billings who has racked up 500+ disposals in a season in that position.

I think Billings is better as a HFF, but the fact is he will be rotating into the wing when the starting mids need a rest

That list is 10 deep, and includes Clark who will likely start at HBF, and Billings and Gresham as HFF. Sinclair can also play a flank at either end. The other 6 are likely to be starting mids or rotating in off the bench.

Even if you take a couple out how is there room for Bytel and Byrnes in the same 22? It doesn’t make sense, you must have left out some other position players and left us light in some other area to include them both.
I have them on the bench with Clark & Ross. Unfortunately would of had Clark in the centre, but Crouch gets the nod now.

Heard two bits of info from a mate who was told them from separate sources.

One was that Hind is going to Essendon but the deal hasn’t been sorted out.

The other was that Treloar’s camp has told the Bulldogs to trade for him

He naturally didn’t name the sources so I have no idea how questionable they are (or himself as a mad doggies fan), but thought I’d pass it on for a conversation starter.
If we did trade Hind, what would we expect back in return?

He naturally didn’t name the sources so I have no idea how questionable they are (or himself as a mad doggies fan), but thought I’d pass it on for a conversation starter.
Close to nothing. Hind, Dunkley, Wright & Caldwell for Daniher, Saad & Fantasia would be a fairly decent effort. I hope Hind stays with us and cements a running half back spot personally, but he'll probably get more of a gig with the Bombers I suppose. Shame.

My starting midfielders are C. Hannebery Crouch Hill Foll. Ryder Steele Jones

If Clark, Ross, Bytel and Byrnes are on the bench who else have you left out?

I know you have Sinclair out of the team but assuming your backs are Howard, Carlisle, Wilkie, Coffield, Paton and Long and forwards are Billings, Gresham, Butler, Membrey, Ryder and King that means you’ve left out Battle?

There’s no way Bytel and Byrnes will both make the team ahead of Battle. And if you’ve include Battle down back instead of someone like Long then I think we’re light on for defensive rotations and run out of the backline.

Also Sinclair was pretty good this year, he’s AFL standard in most aspects such as disposal efficiency, decision making, endurance etc but the knock is his accumulation being low at times, which I agree makes him 21st/22nd picked or outside of the team, and pumping games into Bytel ahead of him isn’t a bad idea, although Sinclair is probably more versatile than Bytel. Bytel and Byrnes are also unlikely to exceed Sinclair’s accumulation numbers by much considering their lack of match fitness and experience too.

I wouldn’t be playing Byrnes ahead of Sinclair either yet as our goal is to be winning games.

In short one of the young boys in the team I can kind of see despite me not having either of them in the team, but if everyone’s fit both of them in the same team? Nah don’t think so.

Not much, if he was younger you can sell on potential but hes 26 so what you see is as good as he gets. It will be late 3rd max imo

Exactly my thoughts..initially I thought clubs staying away due to his contract but if suns are willing to pay a portion then we should have been all over it. Much rather 2MP than Mckernan
Yes I agree.

2MP is a risk that a rebuilding club or one already at the top can take IMO.

The salary wasted on him is much better used on areas of weakness rather than depth for our areas of strength
What risk? What wasted salary, some gold coast was going to pick up most of the tab

I'd like to hope that we got a 3rd round draft pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back