List Mgmt. 2020 Trade Thread - Part III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have a feeling Jack Billings maybe the bait for us getting Treloar
tenor.gif

Please don't use that kind of language here. J*ck B*llings is more appropriate and palatable.

Steele? Doubt it. Can’t see Hanners being upset either given he stay on the field without injury.
I hope Hill is upset, might motivate him to hit 2021 hard and be the player we need him to be
I doubt Hill is gutted we brought in an inside pig like Crouch he’ll be one of the biggest beneficiaries if all goes to plan...

Last edited:
I actually don't i think it wouldve been true. just listen to lethlean and Gallagher over thepast year or so, and they mean. no bullshit

Narrative doesn't matter at this stage if it's fact or fiction.

Crows went public pretty early all things considered, that's a weakness as it shows a lack of confidence in position as opposed to strength of position in "Brad wants this..." it was "we" as in club minus Brad, as the FA.

We then look weak in aftermath if we say "yeah, in a trade we'd have jostled a bit and given up 17 in the end" and it's why "victors" write history.

I agree though, they don't strike me as people would acquiesce to demands from a position of relative strength. My initial expectation just expected the Crows to have more balls.

No interest from us in 2MP ?.

McKernan no doubt comes at half the cost but seems like he is going to the Bombers for a song.

tenor (9).gif

This situation with Ross is approaching the valuable externally / valuable internally intersection and heading right in the direction of the David Armitage no through road.

I tried telling you guys 2 years ago we should look at moving Seb Ross on while he has value, but all I got back was "he's one of our best" blah blah blah and blah blah blah "B&F" etc.

The club were similarly unmoved to shift him. So he stayed. And stood aside as Jack Steele took his spot and excelled in it more than Seb had in many years previously, leaving our 2 time B&F winner to only hold onto a spot in the 22 by grabbing Steele's old gig as tagger.

Any noises about him looking around at another club have interested the AFL community as much as one of Brendan Fevola's beer burps, contrast this to the commotion made by Brad Crouch, Shaun Higgins, Adam Treloar and so on. Of course he was never in the same level as those players, but my point is no one cares about Seb Ross except us and Tim Watson.

His value will keep shrivelling and we are destined to watch another favourite son wither on the vine. Just like David Armitage once was an attractive looking trade but we blanched at the idea of selling him at his peak, we have missed the boat with Ross and if we do manage to punt him, like Jack Steven it will be for massive unders.

We have to understand that pro teams don't keep all their stars, they keep most, sell off one or two to make space for and finance the next crop. It's hard to take but it works better than the alternative. I'm as emotional and attached to our players as anyone but we must be ruthless if we want to get anywhere near the top.

Actually think Gags was interesting it’s not what they say (Gags & Satan ) it’s what they don’t say.

Last week Satan said clearly that we would only agree to Crouch as free agent was very clear about it.

Today Gags said Ross is at StKilda next year , he didn’t mention anything beyond that Seb is restricted
free agent next year ...going to be interesting 🤔 wonder who offers contract other than Saints
compensation pick thank you.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No interest from us in 2MP ?.

McKernan no doubt comes at half the cost but seems like he is going to the Bombers for a song.
Gold Coast felt he didnt work alongside Bing so he wouldnt have a good match for us either.

Plus, he would be looking for somewhere he can play every week and that's not with us. McKernan knows he has been picked up as a pure back-up option which is all we were after.

Gold Coast felt he didnt work alongside Bing so he wouldnt have a good match for us either.

Plus, he would be looking for somewhere he can play every week and that's not with us. McKernan knows he has been picked up as a pure back-up option which is all we were after.
The planets seem to be aligning nicely for Bing.Do we see him as a CHF or a CHB?

Shaun McKernan is like having Josh Bruce still on the list, except he's a better ruckman, costs 1/4 of the salary and won't expect to be picked every week.

The Age are referring to us as the new 'trade darlings.' Wow, how things have changed from the Cho, Pelchen and Trout days. To think we swallowed their Kool Aid for so long.

It's obvious listening to Satan and Gaggs that we are interested in Treloar but we are not prepared to show our hand. Why tell the seller that you're loaded with cash when you can haggle a cheaper price if they think you have limited cash?

We have some astute poker players at the table now. Clearly we are no locks to get Treloar but we are at least sitting at the table watching the cards fall.

If we are to land Treloar it will be on our terms, same as Crouch.

Last edited:
If Carlisle leaves, which I think he will, for a bigger contract & dollars, due to his extending family. Then, we will lack quality & have inexperience with our KPP stocks. Who's still out there? that we could grab?

If Carlisle leaves, which I think he will, for a bigger contract & dollars, due to his extending family. Then, we will lack quality & have inexperience with our KPP stocks. Who's still out there? that we could grab?

I didn't listen to the interview today, but saw on Twitter there was a suggestion that Carlisle would be fixed up pretty soon? I got the impression they meant a contract rather than a trade.

Fingers crossed, I know I'm biased to the guy but I feel he is super important to our structure back there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back