List Mgmt. 2020 Trade Thread - Part III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Clark, Ross, Bytel and Byrnes are on the bench who else have you left out?

I know you have Sinclair out of the team but assuming your backs are Howard, Carlisle, Wilkie, Coffield, Paton and Long and forwards are Billings, Gresham, Butler, Membrey, Ryder and King that means you’ve left out Battle?

There’s no way Bytel and Byrnes will both make the team ahead of Battle. And if you’ve include Battle down back instead of someone like Long then I think we’re light on for defensive rotations and run out of the backline.

Also Sinclair was pretty good this year, he’s AFL standard in most aspects such as disposal efficiency, decision making, endurance etc but the knock is his accumulation being low at times, which I agree makes him 21st/22nd picked or outside of the team, and pumping games into Bytel ahead of him isn’t a bad idea, although Sinclair is probably more versatile than Bytel. Bytel and Byrnes are also unlikely to exceed Sinclair’s accumulation numbers by much considering their lack of match fitness and experience too.

I wouldn’t be playing Byrnes ahead of Sinclair either yet as our goal is to be winning games.

In short one of the young boys in the team I can kind of see despite me not having either of them in the team, but if everyone’s fit both of them in the same team? Nah don’t think so.
I've got Battle at C. H. B, awaiting Carlisle's decision haha

Heard two bits of info from a mate who was told them from separate sources.

One was that Hind is going to Essendon but the deal hasn’t been sorted out.

The other was that Treloar’s camp has told the Bulldogs to trade for him

He naturally didn’t name the sources so I have no idea how questionable they are (or himself as a mad doggies fan), but thought I’d pass it on for a conversation starter.
If we did trade Hind, what would we expect back in return?

Didn’t we get Hind from the Bombers reserves ?

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Heard two bits of info from a mate who was told them from separate sources.

One was that Hind is going to Essendon but the deal hasn’t been sorted out.

The other was that Treloar’s camp has told the Bulldogs to trade for him

He naturally didn’t name the sources so I have no idea how questionable they are (or himself as a mad doggies fan), but thought I’d pass it on for a conversation starter.
If we did trade Hind, what would we expect back in return?
For Hind, probably a 4th rounder. Not sure if we would draft it considering list sizes reducing and potentially us getting other picks for players. Maybe get a future 4th so it has some flexibility

I've got Battle at C. H. B, awaiting Carlisle's decision haha
And yeah Sinclair is the midfielder I've got out & then the other position, would be Geary. I've actually stacked more midfielders into the team, rather than small forwards, that we used a lot more of, last season.

I don’t think they will push Bytel or Byrnes into the seniors , baring bad injury run of course , instead next season assuming the seconds will be playing every week , I think they will get experience there .

Also I think the decision to get Mckernan instead of 2MP is because of the possibility of list reductions at the end of 2021 . McKernan is only for one season as back up . Maybe they are looking at drafting another young ruckman for the future .

if we really are into treloar we really have levelled up in the list management stakes

playing an unbelievable game

have to think Treloar a long shot now
if Dogs move Dunkley can see Treloar filling a gap nicely there and probably have better disposal
downside for them, depending on cash pies stump up for, is he’ll eat into their cap at a time when in the next few years you’d think they need to throw the kitchen sink at a forward
our only hope was Treloar nominating us

have to think Treloar a long shot now
if Dogs move Dunkley can see Treloar filling a gap nicely there and probably have better disposal
downside for them, depending on cash pies stump up for, is he’ll eat into their cap at a time when in the next few years you’d think they need to throw the kitchen sink at a forward
our only hope was Treloar nominating us
They have JUH & Naughton, they will be fine?

Parker , Kent , Phillips , Hind , Marsh , Webster , Robbo , DMac will all be feeling a bit nervous going into 2021 season . Good be make it of break it for all of them . With smaller list numbers they might struggle unless they can get a spot in the team every week . Unfortunately at this stage it’s hard to see happen unless we have one of those terrible runs with injury that teams can sometimes have .

I don’t think they will push Bytel or Byrnes into the seniors , baring bad injury run of course , instead next season assuming the seconds will be playing every week , I think they will get experience there .

Also I think the decision to get Mckernan instead of 2MP is because of the possibility of list reductions at the end of 2021 . McKernan is only for one season as back up . Maybe they are looking at drafting another young ruckman for the future .

I'm hoping for Brynes, Bytel & Connolly to push for games, but OK, maybe too early.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Parker , Kent , Phillips , Hind , Marsh , Webster , Robbo , DMac will all be feeling a bit nervous going into 2021 season . Good be make it of break it for all of them . With smaller list numbers they might struggle unless they can get a spot in the team every week . Unfortunately at this stage it’s hard to see happen unless we have one of those terrible runs with injury that teams can sometimes have .

Joyce, Parker & Phillips, for mine, will be delisted, as they have no currency. Others on your list will stay as depth players & then whoever is traded? Will go of coarse.

What spot does Connolly play ?

H.B or Wing, he's an elite user by r&l, 181cm & looks abit like Jason Cripps?

Last edited:
At this stage of the trade period if we only get Crouch and a good kid in the draft it would be a win knowing the huge upside of our young side.
However there will be a few teams wanting to remove players off there list to enable to upgrade there squads or just room to keep players due to salary cap issues.
For instance for us to grab any quality player we know a few contracted players will have to be moved.
I would put money on Dunstan leaving due to he needs to be getting game time and with the addition of Crouch and Hunter and Gresham getting more time in the middle he would have to turn around his career to get back into the side.
Lonie will be another because we will not be giving the money or years he wants and I fully understand why St Kilda will not give him the contract he wants because why pay good money for a guy who will most probably not be in our best 22.

I've got Brynes & Bytel in my best 22, at the minute. That means that our midfield depth, would be thin, especially as expected, that Dunstan is traded. Wouldn't be relying on just Phillips & Sinclair as back ups. Thus why, Higgins & Treloar would be awesome.

You don't need, that many, commas, in one sentence.

Well, they both performed well in scratch matches, often the best 2, so no reason why they won't, make improvement in next season. And Ross could struggle too, with the arrival of Crouch

The fact that Bytel and Byrnes were in best players, or often in best two in scratch matches, is quoted on here often. Can anyone please clarify which scratch matches? Were these pre-season ones, or ones in Queensland at training, or in scratch matches in reserve teams against other clubs? We watched a lot of the training scratch matches on the Sunshine Coast and we wouldn't have said that from these. Can anyone clarify?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back