List Mgmt. 2020 Trade Thread - Part III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What your club did on Saturday night for GAblett Jnr was a class act...the tucking away of the GF medallions was also very respectful. Your club has gone from being a tragic car crash in the 90s and 00s to one of admiration and respect. Focus on a strong club culture and respect for all in the AFL system reflects through your sustained success.

Trading players as people not cattle is reflective of that culture. I am sure it will be a fair deal for player and both clubs...unlike the shit show that will be played out through trade week at Essendon and the way it is going with Crouch at Adelaide as well.
our history recently is allowing guys who want to go for senior opportunity to go very easily. has a very good result with culture - i mean, brandon ellis was partying wit de boys after the flag this year, in the hub hotel.

i do think they'll chase a second late first, or a very early second, though. we need some young talent to top up after losing hig, likely one of broad and markov, and the likely retirements of cotchin, riewoldt and houli in the next 1-3 years.

On SM-G977B using BigFooty.com mobile app

I’ll be pretty livid if we give up pick 15 for Crouch, unless there is no chance of us getting Treloar what so ever.

The crows make out like bandits with the trade. Scrap the future second rounder and it looks right.

Still rather we overpay Crouch so the crows don't force a trade.

Lets not get too excited about what a high trade price Higgins will gain. Bottom line is that he stil has some brain injury cloud and is not in your best 22.

I doubt the deal would use our one and only first round pick as that will be needed for someone who is actually already first 22 at another club, or for a good draft pick.

We have small forwards, we like Jack, but I can't see them using 15 to get him.

Yes a cocktail of picks, but I doubt our first rounder is part of it.
Nice edit ;)

I can see several opportunities for massive Crow melts coming out of this.

1: Crows match... .......crickets.....they are stuck with Crouch for 4 or 5 years.
2: Port outbid us, he goes to Port , and they still don't get band 1.
3: Crows match and Crouch cracks the shits and goes into the pre-season draft .

I see option 3 about as likely as them getting band 1 for him.

If they matched and tried to trade, what would they expect? Surely they wouldn't be shitty with pick 20, but ecstatic with pick 15.

giphy.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i think we’ll have to get used to what we give for that trade coz I reckon that’s the path we’ll be taking. I’d like to walk away and throw the kitchen sink at treloar. But somehow I kind of doubt that.

i think we’ll have to get used to what we give for that trade coz I reckon that’s the path we’ll be taking. I’d like to walk away and throw the kitchen sink at treloar. But somehow I kind of doubt that.

If Cooney has raised it, you know it will be a mile off the mark.

One of the dumbest campaigners in footy media and that is saying something.

Ryder to anyone was effective.

My post was in response to a situation where we could bring in crouch and treloar.

I think that could be accommodated well by taking our (currently) lowest ranked mid out of the middle for 50% of the game- jones, and taking our lowest ranked half back out of the game entirely.

We would be a pretty formidable unit if we had jones and clark exploding off half back instead of long all game, while simultaneously having one of those guys in the midfield assisting crouch steele and treloar.... all while also having the luxury of playing gresh fulltime forward with butler at kings feet.

Sign. Me. Up.
Interesting on those mid rankings. I’m surprised if jones is lowest. What’s the ranking for clearances?

The crows make out like bandits with the trade. Scrap the future second rounder and it looks right.

Still rather we overpay Crouch so the crows don't force a trade.

We don't even know how much. If we really did want to try to rort the system.....
What happens if we make a formal FA offer with $800K and the Crows still don't get band 1? There is no haggling process.

If Cooney has raised it, you know it will be a mile off the mark.

One of the dumbest campaigners in footy media and that is saying something.

Every year there are people who make up huge multi-club deals. I assume its for fun, because in reality we only rarely get 3 way deals, and if you have a Bellend or a Dodo involved its hard enough to have a deal between two clubs.

We don't even know how much. If we really did want to try to rort the system.....
What happens if we make a formal FA offer with $800K and the Crows still don't get band 1? There is no haggling process.

Exactly. People seem to be under the assumption that a FA offer is like a trade negotiation.

We have made an offer to Crouch.

He has accepted that offer.

On Friday we lodge that offer with the AFL.

Adelaide are informed of the details of the offer & given an idea of the compensation.

Adelaide either match the offer or not.

There is no negotiating the amount we have offered Crouch... no upping the offer. The offer is the offer.

#Offer

Exactly. People seem to be under the assumption that a FA offer is like a trade negotiation.

We have made an offer to Crouch.

He has accepted that offer.

On Friday we lodge that offer with the AFL.

Adelaide are informed of the details of the offer & given an idea of the compensation.

Adelaide either match the offer or not.

There is no negotiating the amount we have offered Crouch... no upping the offer. The offer is the offer.

#Offer

Can’t go any offer

We are usually pretty good helping players get where they want for minimal fuss. Future second feels pretty light other than the games he missed after the head injury he hasn’t missed much football

Ideally I think we’d prefer Higgins and our second for pick 15

Obviously you guys wouldn’t I’m sure it will work out with something both can feel is fair

The problem we have is that we will need to use our 1st RDP this year at the draft table because we will want to keep our 2021 1st RDP for the flexibility of another deal.

We have to use two 1st round draft picks at the draft table every 4 years.

But we would obviously try to work something out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back