List Mgmt. 2020 Trade Thread - Part III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find it odd that many Adelaide supporters seem to think they have the whip hand now just because Adelaide have raised that they'll match if the offer isn't right. That might have been a reasonable view before all the Treloar stuff but not anymore.

We really have to thank Brad's dealer and the Collingwood Football Club for devaluing their respective trades.

That Brownlow Medal is all that’s standing between Adam Cooney and the doll.
Bloke is a halfwit

Bloke is a halfwit
Which doll?

Is there like a blow up doll sitting next to him or something?

If so I agree.

What a ridiculous situation we find ourselves in where Adel are attempting to influence St Kilda’s decision to pay a prospective recruit a few extra hundred gees in order to obtain a higher draft pick. Their motivation to match should be to retain Crouch not for a higher compensation pick. If the Crows pull this off the rest of the competition can thank them for the AFL removing all FA compensation going forward.

Last edited:
Distasteful double post with a question - has anyone tried to work out the $ value of a draft pick?

Just to throw a random scenario out there - $650k offer to Crouch (x 4) and Adelaide decides to match, asks for 15 as a trade.

Pies agree to this deal (probably not, but hypothetically) - We pay Treloar $800k per year and they cover the other $150k each year. Third rounder and Lonie go to the Pies.

In that scenario, what's the value of keeping pick 15 translated into $? I acknowledge you have to then subtract trade value of Lonie + 3rd rounder; am wondering if there is a similar table to draft points but valuing picks in $.

Bloke is a halfwit

Adam and the real girl
lars-and-the-real-girl-700x500.jpg

The "Armchair Experts" drivel on Channel 7 tells you everything you need to know about Adam Cooney. What a muppet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What a ridiculous situation we find ourselves in where Adel are attempting to influence St Kilda’s decision to pay a prospective recruit a few extra hundred gees in order to obtain a higher draft pick. Their motivation to match should be to retain Crouch not for a higher compensation pick. If the Crows pull this off the rest of the competition can thank them for the AFL removing all FA compensation going forward.

This is a very St Kilda thing to happen. Based on our recent history of AFL rules being changed only after it's effected us, 100% there will be no more free agency compensation next year.

Distasteful double post with a question - has anyone tried to work out the $ value of a draft pick?

Just to throw a random scenario out there - $650k offer to Crouch (x 4) and Adelaide decides to match, asks for 15 as a trade.

Pies agree to this deal (probably not, but hypothetically) - We pay Treloar $800k per year and they cover the other $150k each year. Third rounder and Lonie go to the Pies.

In that scenario, what's the value of keeping pick 15 translated into $? I acknowledge you have to then subtract trade value of Lonie + 3rd rounder; am wondering if there is a similar table to draft points but valuing picks in $.

Would change too much club to club. I reckon North would give up $1m of cap space next year.l for pick 1, Richmond would probably only go about $300k

If Cooney has raised it, you know it will be a mile off the mark.

One of the dumbest campaigners in footy media and that is saying something.

Can't argue with that.

I'm not saying whatever he puts up is likely to be the deal but I am saying if we don't get him in FA (which looks increasingly more and more likely) we most likely have to get used to the fact we'll be trading and given how we work, I wouldn't be surprised if that first rounder was part of it. I hope I'm wrong, I really do. I would love nothing more than to walk away if Adelaide matches their offer.

Aye, I’m not Tom Browne. Take your English lessons elsewhere
Sorry, I couldn't let that one go.

I do agree he is a clown and having that brownlow medal is the only thing keeping him in a job.

This is a very St Kilda thing to happen. Based on our recent history of AFL rules being changed only after it's effected us, 100% there will be no more free agency compensation next year.
Wouldn't be the worst thing but I agree it'd be nice for a change to occur after it didn't already affect us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back