List Mgmt. 2020 Trade Thread - Part III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
StCicatriz was it you that was talking about a KPD from WA?

I haven't heard anything about this for a while, I guess with Carlisle re-signing it may be less of a priority.

Brander was thrown around a bit but I haven't really seen anything in the media about that.

Would really like some KPD depth, but I suppose if Carlisle stays, we afford Clav one more year to show if he's up to it or whether we need to go and hit the marketplace.
Don't think it was me :-(

I was hoping we were into moore

StCicatriz was it you that was talking about a KPD from WA?

I haven't heard anything about this for a while, I guess with Carlisle re-signing it may be less of a priority.

Brander was thrown around a bit but I haven't really seen anything in the media about that.

Would really like some KPD depth, but I suppose if Carlisle stays, we afford Clav one more year to show if he's up to it or whether we need to go and hit the marketplace.
Yeah it was Brander

Players drafted early tend to feel "entitled " if they are half good.
I liked Goddard, but i never felt that he was as important to the club as Fisher, Dempster, Schneider, Milne, DalSanto, or even Montagna.

That's some revisionist history.

I would have had Goddard top 5 for our most important players in that era.

Roo
Lenny
Fish
Milne
Goddard

Was a wall in defence, could win a clearance when needed, and pushed forward to be a threat at important times.

The talk of Higgins not playing games is a furphy

First year was best 22 and finished high up in the rising star and kicked goal of the year played in all finals as we shit the bed against the pies

Next season he played a bunch of games before having a bad game against port where he fumbled everything got dropped after that played two games in the magoos where he dominated and then the brain issue came to light

Was told he might not play again then that he could but he would miss all of 2020 yet he worked his arse off and got back and played 10 games this year got dropped and again dominated the scratch matches and would of been picked again but hurt his calf and didn’t get back in which is understandable you can’t carry to many fitness question marks in finals and we already had lynch/Prestia/Edwards/astbury with fitness queries

He’s played 43 out of a possible 70 games including having life threatening surgery twice played 4 less than Clark and played more than Coffield and Andrew Brayshaw

Pace is one of his weaknesses but he hired a running coach off his own bat before being drafted to help his endurance and speed off the mark as well as agility so he’s dedicated

Very creative with hands good overhead mark for his size puts his head over the ball doesn’t shirk a contest got hit in the head first game back after the brain operations and was happier than a pig in shit. Does have a bit of a loopy kick but he takes on zones with his kicking and try’s to make the forward run and jump at the ball. His biggest weakness is set shot goal kicking its genuinely terrible on the run he’s great though

He definitely sees himself more as a mid. The club love him and want him to stay so it’s not Richmond being campaigners trying to get one back they see him as best 22 next season

Deal will get done and we will wish him well can’t keep everyone unfortunately but you will be getting another steal

First year was best 22 and finished high up in the rising star and kicked goal of the year played in all finals as we sh*t the bed against the pies

Next season he played a bunch of games before having a bad game against port where he fumbled everything got dropped after that played two games in the magoos where he dominated and then the brain issue came to light

Was told he might not play again then that he could but he would miss all of 2020 yet he worked his arse off and got back and played 10 games this year got dropped and again dominated the scratch matches and would of been picked again but hurt his calf and didn’t get back in which is understandable you can’t carry to many fitness question marks in finals and we already had lynch/Prestia/Edwards/astbury with fitness queries

He’s played 43 out of a possible 70 games including having life threatening surgery twice played 4 less than Clark and played more than Coffield and Andrew Brayshaw

Pace is one of his weaknesses but he hired a running coach off his own bat before being drafted to help his endurance and speed off the mark as well as agility so he’s dedicated

Very creative with hands good overhead mark for his size puts his head over the ball doesn’t shirk a contest got hit in the head first game back after the brain operations and was happier than a pig in sh*t. Does have a bit of a loopy kick but he takes on zones with his kicking and try’s to make the forward run and jump at the ball. His biggest weakness is set shot goal kicking its genuinely terrible on the run he’s great though

He definitely sees himself more as a mid. The club love him and want him to stay so it’s not Richmond being campaigners trying to get one back they see him as best 22 next season

Deal will get done and we will wish him well can’t keep everyone unfortunately but you will be getting another steal

nicely put Stevi. Finally some sense coming from the tigers camp.

Players drafted early tend to feel "entitled " if they are half good.
I liked Goddard, but i never felt that he was as important to the club as Fisher, Dempster, Schneider, Milne, DalSanto, or even Montagna.

Goddard was our third best player behind Lenny and Roo easily. I’d maybe put Fisher a similar level of importance to him just because Fisher played CHB but the others? No way.

He could well be worth that price in the future but not now.
I’m guessing it’s 600k average, back ended. In the hope that he’d meet his potential. If the reported figures are correct, Ned Guy has done a number on Pies. Treloar 900k, Phillips 600k, Stephenson 600k, De Goey would be similar, plus Grundy on 1 million.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Higgins isn’t a plodder, he’s just not as quick as Richmond’s other smalls.

He’s kinda Gresh quick... great agility but lacking a bit of straight line pace... but its his footy smarts that will make those who are dubious about him come around very quickly.

Always take the opinions of supporters from a player’s old club with a grain of salt. After all they’re usually a bit dirty that a player is leaving.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gresham is significantly quicker, Higgins has a fast mind but slow feet.

First year was best 22 and finished high up in the rising star and kicked goal of the year played in all finals as we sh*t the bed against the pies

Very creative with hands good overhead mark for his size puts his head over the ball doesn’t shirk a contest got hit in the head first game back after the brain operations and was happier than a pig in sh*t. Does have a bit of a loopy kick but he takes on zones with his kicking and try’s to make the forward run and jump at the ball. His biggest weakness is set shot goal kicking its genuinely terrible on the run he’s great though

Thanks for the intel Stevi... most of us know that the Tigers are doing the right thing both by Higgins and themselves.

We're just a bit punchy after being inundated with Crow knuckleheads last week.

He forced out Goddard, Dal Santo, McEvoy and Ross Lyon.

He was leaking information on Saintsational to undermine RL from the moment he arrived at the club, really just a pathetically unprofessional individual.

Pelchen was moving down the way of ..... i cannot think of the other team that got rid of all older players

Funny Goddard regurgitates this every year ...Dal Santo ...doesn’t

Remember Brendon at the start of his final year going on media street saying he would be exploring
free agency at the end of the year ( Which is he total right by the way) then gets bitter when club
used the same system.. reeks of sour grapes .

Still waiting for movie release he promised when at Bombers ...most supporters I know moved on
appears Brendon hasn’t , yet talks Essendon is great trying to convince himself of it.
he has to as he went there to get a flag, and found himself in a druggie culture instead.

Gresham is significantly quicker, Higgins has a fast mind but slow feet.

I reckon Higgins slow feet is being over stated.

We've already got a very fleet of foot group so I'm very happy to add a few pure footballers with high footy IQ's to the list. Crouch and Higgins are just that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back