List Mgmt. 2020 Trade Thread - Part III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He interviewed Geoff Walsh on MMM with some softies. That’s about it.

Still nothing that lines up between what Buckley says and what Treloar/Stephenson says.

Stay tuned for the PR machine to be cranked up. The AfL, its media partners and affiliates and all those that dont want to bite the hand that feeds them, will start with a series of soft media interviews, favorable articles all peddling the company line. By January the gullible members will gobble it up.
It already started with the softest interview with Mark Anderson (CEO), Lots of talk about love of the players, News grabs of Bucks reaching out to Treloar and Stephenson. Its a business and we are into damage control.

Stay tuned for the PR machine to be cranked up. The AfL, its media partners and affiliates and all those that dont want to bite the hand that feeds them, will start with a series of soft media interviews, favorable articles all peddling the company line. By January the gullible members will gobble it up.
It already started with the softest interview with Mark Anderson (CEO), Lots of talk about love of the players, News grabs of Bucks reaching out to Treloar and Stephenson. Its a business and we are into damage control.
Yeah - its started already.

I heard SOS carrying that disaster is about the 1% chance that the Pies were clearing salary purely because they had their eye's on free agents in 2021 (ie Cripps or Bont) rather than the obvious situation that their salary cap is f***ed.

If he isn't he does a bloody good impression!!!

Hate to drag it back up again but one day he apologises to Goodes on behalf of the Collingwood FC for the racist comments of a 13 yo supporter who called Goodes an ape and a few days later there's Eddie comparing Goodes to King Kong.

Oh no - he's not racist he's just a naughty boy!!!
I was watching a sports program can’t have been more than a couple of months ago it was from the US and they used that exact comparison.

I don’t even remember the context of eddies comment and don’t listen to his show but this was a couple of African Americans and it was complimentary. King Kong was massive, unstoppable they were referring to this guys speed and strength. Now if Adam Goodes was offended then that’s good enough for me and I doubt anyone’s using that reference here now.

However to many of my generation and eddies as well that would have been a compliment at one time as it clearly still is to some, the show was on espn might have been nfl but I seem to remember Stephen A smith was on it and he appears on a few shows.

PS. King Kong wasn’t just a movie it was a carton shown for years of and on during the then brief hour of kids television that was on. It had a catchy theme song, kids even sang it in the school yard so it’s easy to see how this stuff gets in your head.

Last edited:

Think it is a bit of a crap shoot, the year was ruined for the kids. How some develop and how some stagnate is totally unknown. We could get the next Bont @ 21 or the next Spencer White.

Even harder than usual I reckon.

If they are good at 17 , no-one cares, until they turn 18.
If they are good at 18 , they could go pick one in the draft and get offered $600 000 two years later.
If they are a late developer and are good at 19, its a shitfight , and they might get a rookie chance.

The point is, this draft will sort the recruiters out. For many years that Knightmare picked better players than our so called professionals .

Nah, you can't really compare him to trump.

He's like Trump as much as Luke Dunstan is like Gary Ablett.
I think it's just a matter of the size of the pond you're swimming in.

On SM-T290 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Question - given all the changes and unknowns about list numbers, if you were an AFL player and you had one year to run on say a $500k contract, would you offer to take a pay cut to $350k a year for an extension to your contract?

Question - given all the changes and unknowns about list numbers, if you were an AFL player and you had one year to run on say a $500k contract, would you offer to take a pay cut to $350k a year for an extension to your contract?
Wouldn’t get out of bed for $350k

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2011 Tom Sheridan..thank god already taken. Hmmm we probably would have taken Zyrus Manson. Had Seb at 31.
2012 He called Tom Lee. Most promising key position player running around in the state leagues.
2013 Billings
2014 Jarrod Garlett, Edd Vickers Willis. ummmm
2015 Kieran Collins

OK I WAS WRONG!!!!

Hard to overstate just how exciting it is to support a team that is clearly lead by an A+ Administration now.

fox footy only have us and the dogs an A for trading and the dogs had a blinder imho.

Will be so exciting to see a full strength 2021 squad play

Attachments

• B546FB90-E0CC-4AA1-8B55-E45673E5FF11.jpeg
    B546FB90-E0CC-4AA1-8B55-E45673E5FF11.jpeg
    363.6 KB · Views: 220
I would expect you deal with each case on its merits and the credentials of the accuser certainly has a determination in how seriously you take them.
I’d say you should treat each case seriously regardless of who it is so you can get to the Truth. Not disregard someone’s accusations because of their ‘credentials'. He also had 3 former teammates, Dawes, Macaffer and Kraqouer backup his story. But he’s an attention seeker so we should let it slide.

Yeap I fully expect Stephenson and Trealor to be painted as the 'bad guys' and Bucks to be the 'hero who did his best in a bad situation' by round 1.

Rumour is there might be another trade window open up when list sizes are finally confirmed.

Might be another opportunity to offload a couple of fringe players.

Edit: it also may be an opportunity to get someone like Taylor Adams for a future 3rd with Collingwood paying half his salary.

I seem to recall the Dogs winning the trade period last year recruiting Josh spud Bruce....

It will be interesting to see how the Treloar trade plays out. Something just doesn’t sit well with me. Why would the Pies prioritise moving him on over a bloke that is facing criminal charges? I reckon there’s some truth to the senior players wanting him out. FIGJAM/nuffie vibes.

I won’t be surprised to see Dunkley get moved on during the trade window. Lonie not getting any love or is he hoping to walk through the PSD to his club of choice? Whether we keep him or not I’m not overly fussed. Depth for mine.

Apologies if it's already been posted. Interesting reading if you haven't seen it.

https://www.statsinsider.com.au/afl/why-st-kilda-and-jack-higgins-are-a-match-made-in-heaven
Wow thanks for putting this article up.
Some terrific data and scope for thought there.
Yes data can be interpreted any way you wish it to look, it was very clear he has massive upside.
Also, anyone concerned about the transition from Lonie to Higgins before reading this article, they should now be at ease.

I seem to recall the Dogs winning the trade period last year recruiting Josh spud Bruce....

It will be interesting to see how the Treloar trade plays out. Something just doesn’t sit well with me. Why would the Pies prioritise moving him on over a bloke that is facing criminal charges? I reckon there’s some truth to the senior players wanting him out. FIGJAM/nuffie vibes.

I won’t be surprised to see Dunkley get moved on during the trade window. Lonie not getting any love or is he hoping to walk through the PSD to his club of choice? Whether we keep him or not I’m not overly fussed. Depth for mine.

Funny wouldn’t be interested in Dunkley myself , would be all over the Giants

Would let Ross enter Free agency , Josh Kelly restricted free agent ...and Lachie Ash ..out of contract.

Young developed Ruck & Key back as well over next 2 years and we’re smoking .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back