List Mgmt. 2020 Trade Thread - Part III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Funny wouldn’t be interested in Dunkley myself , would be all over the Giants

Would let Ross enter Free agency , Josh Kelly restricted free agent ...and Lachie Ash ..out of contract.

Young developed Ruck & Key back as well over next 2 years and we’re smoking .

Tom Green is OOC too I believe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Knightmare and utter ineptitude?

I love Knightmare’s early Phantoms where every top 20 pick was compared to a Collingwood reserves player.

Dustin Martin- Mid/fwd
Plays Like- Sean Rusling

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I seem to recall the Dogs winning the trade period last year recruiting Josh spud Bruce....

It will be interesting to see how the Treloar trade plays out. Something just doesn’t sit well with me. Why would the Pies prioritise moving him on over a bloke that is facing criminal charges? I reckon there’s some truth to the senior players wanting him out. FIGJAM/nuffie vibes.

I won’t be surprised to see Dunkley get moved on during the trade window. Lonie not getting any love or is he hoping to walk through the PSD to his club of choice? Whether we keep him or not I’m not overly fussed. Depth for mine.
Yeah I agree. I waa glad we didn't get treloar. I think there's more to it

I seem to recall the Dogs winning the trade period last year recruiting Josh spud Bruce....

It will be interesting to see how the Treloar trade plays out. Something just doesn’t sit well with me. Why would the Pies prioritise moving him on over a bloke that is facing criminal charges? I reckon there’s some truth to the senior players wanting him out. FIGJAM/nuffie vibes.

I won’t be surprised to see Dunkley get moved on during the trade window. Lonie not getting any love or is he hoping to walk through the PSD to his club of choice? Whether we keep him or not I’m not overly fussed. Depth for mine.

People seem to like him, I think it's just that soft tissue injuries start to catch up and get worse not better and his break away speed is his point of difference. Taylor Adams actually stepped up with out Treloar in the side and looked a better kick and with a $900k a year price tag he was the most expendable.

Losing Howe was their really big issue last year, they have an incredible defensive unit and their mids are still stacked. I think they were probably hoping to get Cameron or Brown with the spare money but some how messed up their trades.

They just over paid all their resignings too. I rate Stevo but at $650k pa or what ever it was, it's just irresponsible. Wasn't Ned Guy Treloar's manager and only bought in as a sweetener to get Treloar into the club? It's some dumb management that has come back and bit their arse.

Would let Ross enter Free agency , Josh Kelly restricted free agent ...and Lachie Ash ..out of contract.

Lauchie Ash, yes please. And Kelly would be alright too. I don't think GWS want their talent leaving so I expect them to play hardball again on Kelly.

People seem to like him, I think it's just that soft tissue injuries start to catch up and get worse not better and his break away speed is his point of difference. Taylor Adams actually stepped up with out Treloar in the side and looked a better kick and with a $900k a year price tag he was the most expendable.

Losing Howe was their really big issue last year, they have an incredible defensive unit and their mids are still stacked. I think they were probably hoping to get Cameron or Brown with the spare money but some how messed up their trades.

They just over paid all their resignings too. I rate Stevo but at $650k pa or what ever it was, it's just irresponsible. Wasn't Ned Guy Treloar's manager and only bought in as a sweetener to get Treloar into the club? It's some dumb management that has come back and bit their arse.
Drank lime spritzers while Eddie was woofing snifters of brandy and cognac at the McGuires dinner party.

According to Tom Browne, Buckley and the Pies senior players weren't happy with Treloar's defensive efforts and his ability to run both ways, whether there is any truth to that is debatable especially with it coming from Tom Browne but there would still have to be some question marks over Treloar given Collingwood's desperation to move him on.

As for Lonie I'd be happy for him to stay on our list, he may not be in our best 22 next year but he will still be a useful depth player should we have injuries.

Perfect replacement for Hunter as he goes into the guts.. I think we've forgotten how good Jimmy can be, he and Long would be a brutal pairing

Its crazy that as good as our current squad is, we have two absolutely fantastic players in the ressies who just haven't had the luck.

Give us fit and healthy Robbo and Webster and Clark becomes a full time mid and our backline would be incredible.

FB: Paton Howard Wilkie
HB: Coffield Carlisle Roberton
C: Hill Jones Clark
HF: Billings Marshall Gresham
FF: Membrey King Butler
R: Ryder Steele Crouch
I/C: Battle Webster Hannebery Higgins

That side would have been good enough to win the flag in 2020 IMO.

Having said that, Roberton and Webster are cooked. Just can't see it happening for them from here unfortunately.

Couple of AA level talents that just couldn't make it work for reasons largely out of their control. Every side has a few of these stories.

Rumour is there might be another trade window open up when list sizes are finally confirmed.

Might be another opportunity to offload a couple of fringe players.

Edit: it also may be an opportunity to get someone like Taylor Adams for a future 3rd with Collingwood paying half his salary.
I like that edit

According to Tom Browne, Buckley and the Pies senior players weren't happy with Treloar's defensive efforts and his ability to run both ways, whether there is any truth to that is debatable especially with it coming from Tom Browne but there would still have to be some question marks over Treloar given Collingwood's desperation to move him on.

As for Lonie I'd be happy for him to stay on our list, he may not be in our best 22 next year but he will still be a useful depth player should we have injuries.
The Tom Browne that announced Adelaide was matching the Crouch offer?

Yes somehow Treloar got “senior players want you gone” confused with “defensive running issues”. Please.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Drank lime spritzers while Eddie was woofing snifters of brandy and cognac at the McGuires dinner party.
Lauchie Ash, yes please. And Kelly would be alright too. I don't think GWS want their talent leaving so I expect them to play hardball again on Kelly.

Little doubt they do , definitely would go hard at both in hope one shakes free.

Was interesting what Gags & Satan said over trade period , we targeted a number of players 6 months
prior to trade period , know for fact we had solid go at several players , some coming out of
contract next year interesting times ahead.
The response when Treloar shook free , we did‘nt go all in to get him in , listening to Gags was very
clear that we have other plans going forward.

Its crazy that as good as our current squad is, we have two absolutely fantastic players in the ressies who just haven't had the luck.

Give us fit and healthy Robbo and Webster and Clark becomes a full time mid and our backline would be incredible.

FB: Paton Howard Wilkie
HB: Coffield Carlisle Roberton
C: Hill Jones Clark
HF: Billings Marshall Gresham
FF: Membrey King Butler
R: Ryder Steele Crouch
I/C: Battle Webster Hannebery Higgins

That side would have been good enough to win the flag in 2020 IMO.

Having said that, Roberton and Webster are cooked. Just can't see it happening for them from here unfortunately.

Couple of AA level talents that just couldn't make it work for reasons largely out of their control. Every side has a few of these stories.

I've got a strong "glass 3/4 full" outlook for our list right now ... my take is that we've upgraded our midfield and forward line nicely. Jury is still out on Bytel, but he looked like he's got some class, and should at least get a few games around some solid development in the magoos in 2021. Byrnes hopefully develops as well, and maybe Clavarino can start to press.

King, Coffield, Paton, Clark, Howard, Battle, and Higgins, surely have some more improvement in them, which should open up more opportunities for players like Jones/Butler/Hill to benefit from their improvement (not necessarily needing to improve themselves), and hopefully we have our extra couple of (necessary) A-graders in that group.

I like that our bottom-six out of our best-22 are very solid - we don't fall off too badly when you look at our typical bench starters now, and it shows in our ability to be "in" almost every game last season. Where our improvement needs to come, is from our emerging stars. Steele stepped up bigtime, Butler is AA-quality, so we need a couple more to emerge and we're going to start to become a very dangerous opponent consistently.

Then we need the old stagers/cloggers (call them what you will) to try and fill a solid role when called upon. Ross showed some good stuff late in the season, and even Dunstan, if he stays, will give you 100% when called upon, even if he's not Jack Steele. I trust Ratten to find a way to play to their strengths, and paper over their weaknesses enough to see us use them effectively in a pinch.

Hoping we can pick up either another promising mid, or a tall defender to develop in the draft.

Can't help but think that the Saints will select a ruck as first pick in this years draft. Some great options that may slip to 21 and a couple available a little after 21. Recognize too early to play straight up at AFL level but good rucks are now rare as hens teeth and may have to put a few years in to develop a good one.

I've got a strong "glass 3/4 full" outlook for our list right now ... my take is that we've upgraded our midfield and forward line nicely. Jury is still out on Bytel, but he looked like he's got some class, and should at least get a few games around some solid development in the magoos in 2021. Byrnes hopefully develops as well, and maybe Clavarino can start to press.

King, Coffield, Paton, Clark, Howard, Battle, and Higgins, surely have some more improvement in them, which should open up more opportunities for players like Jones/Butler/Hill to benefit from their improvement (not necessarily needing to improve themselves), and hopefully we have our extra couple of (necessary) A-graders in that group.

I like that our bottom-six out of our best-22 are very solid - we don't fall off too badly when you look at our typical bench starters now, and it shows in our ability to be "in" almost every game last season. Where our improvement needs to come, is from our emerging stars. Steele stepped up bigtime, Butler is AA-quality, so we need a couple more to emerge and we're going to start to become a very dangerous opponent consistently.

Then we need the old stagers/cloggers (call them what you will) to try and fill a solid role when called upon. Ross showed some good stuff late in the season, and even Dunstan, if he stays, will give you 100% when called upon, even if he's not Jack Steele. I trust Ratten to find a way to play to their strengths, and paper over their weaknesses enough to see us use them effectively in a pinch.

Hoping we can pick up either another promising mid, or a tall defender to develop in the draft.
Speaking of our next AA. Would not be surprised if Max King jumps to that level in 2021. He now knows what is required and he will get a bit more weight on those bones over summer. Sweet.

Marshall is the one for me. He's got levels to go. I'll be surprised if he's not our best player next year.

Speaking of our next AA. Would not be surprised if Max King jumps to that level in 2021. He now knows what is required and he will get a bit more weight on those bones over summer. Sweet.

I reckon 2022 for King to really stamp himself as an AA and potential Coleman winner, but he'll have a really dominant breakout game inside the first 10 rounds of 2021 where he clunks 10+ and kicks 6 ... assuming good health, he's going to evolve dramatically over his next 50 games.

Coffield is a real chance if Carlisle can have a solid, healthy season - Snake lets him dominate as an intercept mark, and he grew so much this season, and Clark feels like he could step it up at any moment, so they'd be my top-contenders right now, with DougalH probably third.

Can't help but think that the Saints will select a ruck as first pick in this years draft. Some great options that may slip to 21 and a couple available a little after 21. Recognize too early to play straight up at AFL level but good rucks are now rare as hens teeth and may have to put a few years in to develop a good one.

Not to mention, between Lade and Ryder, we've got a truckload of Ruck knowledge to develop them.

Treloar can't run both ways.

Quick sign him on 900 x 5

Seems legit

The can't run both ways excuse may not be completely accurate but Treloar hasn't been the same player since he has suffered some bad hamstring injuries.

He could be another Hannebery where his best footy is behind him due to chronic hamstring problems, if that's the case it would explain why Collingwood were so keen to move him on and help pay part of his salary.

Everyone is saying that the Bulldogs won the trade period because they seemingly got Treloar for a steal but they might have been sold a pup, pardon the pun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back