List Mgmt. 2020 Trade Thread - Part III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
In two minds about him. Had a very ordinary year off the back of glandular fever and not much of a pre-season apparently. Matthew Lloyd ( who I don’t mind listening to) says he’s a one trick pony who’s been worked out. Not professional enough.

Don’t want to get him just for the sake of it, but having said that, our recruitment team don’t do that kind of thing any more.
Think I’d prefer to keep Lonie.

I think we may have a go at Treloar if things fall into place, but failing that just head to the draft to find a good young player.
I feel the kid is a special player - any rookie kicking 38 goals is pretty good , his next year he scored 24 and even this year he scored a goal a game (14) anyway the kid hasn't even turned 22 yet and he is not even being played in the position yet excelled at in his draft year which was a midfielder , wingman.
Lonie gives his all but after 6 years on our list his best goal scoring year was 16 , which is not really earth shattering.
I just feel the guy has been on the outer since he was outed for the betting scandal.
The kid is a good kick , mark and has speed to burn and anyone who can find the goals like he does is a very good player.
He has a bad year and all of a sudden he is a one trick pony , I really do feel he is way above the level of Higgins and Lonie - under the right coach he could become a real star.

Really disappointed if we don’t end up with Higgins .. really like the idea of him .. fwd who can develop into mid potentially split 50/50 with Gresham , the right age we need to keep adding young talent etc .. hoping something progresses there

I wonder if we are going to try and work our way into the draft with a second or 3rd or even upgrade 17.

Meanwhile over in the bulldogs thread

"Part of me hopes that we refuse to deal with Essendon and Dunkley takes two years of "mental health leave" because he's too embarrassed to play for us after burning his bridges with the club. He ultimately sacks Pickering for his decision to take this public before a deal even looked plausible. Dodoro is ultimately sacked too because players were less likely to attempt to get to Essendon after seeing Dunkley hung out to dry. Dunkley makes his way to Essendon in 2023 in a one year deal with a clause for a second on 200k per year. It's hard for the Bombers to offer him more as he's been out of the game for two years. Josh's Dad has a mental breakdown and murders Pickering for ruining his sons career. The Dunkley family turn to hard drugs to deal with their failed careers and their father's imprisonment."
Holy shit

Yes and it was used as an excuse for him never getting back to decent form. Same as Hugh Goddard with his achilles. Apparently if you have any type of injury it’s the end of you.
I think it may have halted his momentum. Doesn’t really matter TBH.

UNLIKE Matt McGuire and Jamie Cripps. Those two injuries (broken leg and hammy I think) cost us premierships.

UNLIKE Matt McGuire and Jamie Cripps. Those two injuries (broken leg and hammy I think) cost us premierships.

Hmm not sure Cripps injury cost us a flag. Fisher, Hamill, Roo maybe?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stephenson was the Rising Star in his first year yeah? Kicked 35 or 40 goals at 18 years old. Snagged 4 or 5 in his fourth game. Was the new media darling for a while there too, everything was coming up roses! Even his 2nd year was tracking well until the long suspension ( 8 or 9 weeks from memory?) The guy had to eat public humble sh*t pie and hasn't been the same player since. With the cray cray goin on at the pies at the mo, now is the perfect time to have a little word. Positive vibes of the team, right age group, good culture. Make it happen boys and girls! Do a little dance...make a little love...

Never mind Parker; I still can’t believe we let Russell Greene go to Hawthorn for Mark Scott and Tony King
I was only 10 but I still don’t understand how I woke up one midweek morning mid-season and the paper said my favourite player Russell Greene was now playing for Hawthorn, it was traumatising. If WTF? was a thing then I would have fully been like WTF?

Cripps would be the most useless f**k ever to win a premiership. Would have been a massive dance off between him and Le Cras for the title of downhill skier of the comp and not the Winter Olympics either.

Stephenson was the Rising Star in his first year yeah? Kicked 35 or 40 goals at 18 years old. Snagged 4 or 5 in his fourth game. Was the new media darling for a while there too, everything was coming up roses! Even his 2nd year was tracking well until the long suspension ( 8 or 9 weeks from memory?) The guy had to eat public humble sh*t pie and hasn't been the same player since. With the cray cray goin on at the pies at the mo, now is the perfect time to have a little word. Positive vibes of the team, right age group, good culture. Make it happen boys and girls! Do a little dance...make a little love...
Get down tonight bro

I feel the kid is a special player - any rookie kicking 38 goals is pretty good , his next year he scored 24 and even this year he scored a goal a game (14) anyway the kid hasn't even turned 22 yet and he is not even being played in the position yet excelled at in his draft year which was a midfielder , wingman.
Lonie gives his all but after 6 years on our list his best goal scoring year was 16 , which is not really earth shattering.
I just feel the guy has been on the outer since he was outed for the betting scandal.
The kid is a good kick , mark and has speed to burn and anyone who can find the goals like he does is a very good player.
He has a bad year and all of a sudden he is a one trick pony , I really do feel he is way above the level of Higgins and Lonie - under the right coach he could become a real star.
Agreed, I'd take Stephenson in a heartbeat, he was the one I wanted from that draft to be honest. People should remember he's the same age as Clark and Coffield and has had a couple of interrupted years.

I think there will be a lot of hard luck stories with the changers to list sizes coming in. In any other year I see us keeping Parker on our list unfortunately 2020 continues to find away to F#%K everything up.

Stephenson would be perfect for us, I have said many times before I want to enjoy watching us play. For awhile now we have plodded along playing boring footy until this year. People talk about X Factor not being a real thing but I grew up watching Nicky Winmar and being in awe, I remember watching a young Cyril in 2008 thinking this kid is "Special" and when in 2018 Jaidyn was playing his fourth every game and kicked 5 goals I got that same feeling. If we can get him back in the right headspace he is absolutely a player that can help a team win a premiership.
Like someone said on here earlier we have a lot of choir boys in our team which is great for team discipline but there is a reason my favorite players from the past 15 years were Baker and Milne. I miss having some mad lads in our team. (Maybe Gehrig can mentor Winx)

tenor.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back