List Mgmt. 2020 Trade Thread - Part III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Pies would of had to move players due to the Grundy and Moore mega contracts and the DeGoey deal they would be working on.
Sometimes if a player is asking to much it might be better to let them look else where.
What I happy about this trade period we picked a A-listed midfielder for nothing trade wise , but in doing so we never over paid him in his salary which I saw somewhere it was about 600k which is bargain basement.

Hind and 77 for 67 and 74.

Sneaky deal.

77 worth 0 points.

67 is worth a couple.

Bundle it up with 64 to a team needing a few points and grab ourselves a future 3rd maybe?

Absolute scenes on the filth board

“Ned guy thinks two second round picks is good and he gave two first rounders for a tattood spud that finger paints instead of playing.”

“Are we sure Ned Guy isn’t the person who was in charge of the Melbourne Hotel Quarantine?”

“id rather have a beer with Dom Sheed and watch the 2018 GF then have a beer with Ned Guy”

“is there a way we can trade Ned Guy for Adrian Daddoro?”

I don't get the trades in the 4th round when they are saying teams might not even use picks pas 50 this year.

Presumably we were not even going to offer Hind a contract. If other teams don't use picks, we might jump up to around the 50 mark, and use the picks on someone we think worth adding to the list

Late picks we have usually aren’t ideal. But just all things considered, if we do want to draft a few players (honestly haven’t checked out our list properly), then those later picks might end up moving up the order if clubs are passing in the 50s.
ok , knowing there will be a few players cast off due to list sizes , we could well get a few gems in the delisted players.

Sneaky deal.

77 worth 0 points.

67 is worth a couple.

Bundle it up with 64 to a team needing a few points and grab ourselves a future 3rd maybe?
thinking this could be the aim... 64 and 67 are worth 170 points which is the equivalent of 170. But yes if a team is desperate for a couple of points mid-draft then we could get something to work in our favour.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hind to Essendon means that is one less player we have to delist if the numbers get reduced .
Pretty sure that’s why we couldn’t go after Paddy McCartin and rookie list him or something. With a reduced list there just isn’t room . Not his fault and not our fault , it’s because of coronavirus and the reduction of numbers . Very disappointing but I hope the Swans give him a go . I’m a big fan of Paddy but I am going to freak out as soon as he cops another head knock . It’s just too risky for him I’m afraid .

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

So all of those mature age players we took in 2018 are gone, except for the guy we took in the rookie draft.

Hopefully Parker can get on a list somewhere.
Took 4 chances and ended up with someone who looks like a 150 gamer and will be part of our leadership group moving forward.

Overall, Id still rate that as a win.

Because I’m completely lazy, has anyone done (or wants to do) something the has our current list size and how many players we are likely to take in the draft. Only need to draft one this year, but how does our situation look? At a guess, I would have thought we only need to add one, unless we delist more.

Sneaky deal.

77 worth 0 points.

67 is worth a couple.

It's predicted only around 50 kids will be taken so all those picks will shoot up the draft most likely.

I wouldn't mind taking the punt on 2 or 3 late. We would more than likely find at least one bargain.

List spots might make it hard

That Nick Hind trade is utter junk.

Gags has lots of wins on the board and this really is a minor trade but geeze if you rate it on its own. Its a D- and I'm trying to be kind about it.

The only way it even remotely makes sense is if he had salary tied to him but if I recall he was out of contract. So it can't be that.

Just seriously bad.

Crouch situation A-

Higgins C+

This hind trade surely points towards trying to trade up the order.
Looking at the points of our late picks I think this is unlikely. Looks like we trade hind for 2 picks we don’t use on new talent. Might use one to upgrade Wilkie. But could have done that with pick 150

I have this funny feeling Nick Hind playing the Saad role for Essendon will be very very good - not my fave player but I liked his speed, I think it was valuable to our game plan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back