List Mgmt. 2020 Trade Thread - Part III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
That Nick Hind trade is utter junk.

Gags has lots of wins on the board and this really is a minor trade but geeze if you rate it on its own. Its a D- and I'm trying to be kind about it.

The only way it even remotely makes sense is if he had salary tied to him but if I recall he was out of contract. So it can't be that.

Just seriously bad.

Crouch situation A-

Higgins C+
What did you honeslty expect to get for a 26 year old depth player that's out of contract?

We did well to get anything.

I think Lonie genuinely loves the club & will stay. Carlisle looks like he's staying? yeah. If Joyce is contracted? The only one I see us cutting now, is Phillips for James Frawley. So, where will that leave us in the draft?

They did receive two future second rounders coming back, so it gives them something to work with.

My Geelong mate believes they'll both go to securing Shaun Burgoyne

FB: Wood - Keath - Daniel
HB: Hannan - Gardner - Johannisen
RK: Martin - Treloar - Bontempelli
CR: Macrae - Liberatore - Smith
HF: Dale - Naughton - Dunkley
FF: Wallis - Bruce - English
IC: Hunter Williams Cordy Crozier

Bloody decent side...
Really? Just a stacked midfield. No quality talls. One of the weakest spines around.

Hind to Essendon means that is one less player we have to delist if the numbers get reduced .
Pretty sure that’s why we couldn’t go after Paddy McCartin and rookie list him or something. With a reduced list there just isn’t room . Not his fault and not our fault , it’s because of coronavirus and the reduction of numbers . Very disappointing but I hope the Swans give him a go . I’m a big fan of Paddy but I am going to freak out as soon as he cops another head knock . It’s just too risky for him I’m afraid .

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app
Why waste a pick on Paddy, he is done

thinking this could be the aim... 64 and 67 are worth 170 points which is the equivalent of 170. But yes if a team is desperate for a couple of points mid-draft then we could get something to work in our favour.
With picks 21 , 64 , 67 , 74 , 93 , It does look like we will attempt to trade up with our middle 3 picks and keep the last for Wilkie. Would be nice to get a gun with pick 21. Looking at each clubs picks , we are in a good position , with trading up

I think Lonie genuinely loves the club & will stay. Carlisle looks like he's staying? yeah. If Joyce is contracted? The only one I see us cutting now, is Phillips for James Frawley. So, where will that leave us in the draft?

We should cut Joyce with a year remaining like we cut Robbie Young. Joyce is easily the least likely on our list.

That Nick Hind trade is utter junk.

Gags has lots of wins on the board and this really is a minor trade but geeze if you rate it on its own. Its a D- and I'm trying to be kind about it.

The only way it even remotely makes sense is if he had salary tied to him but if I recall he was out of contract. So it can't be that.

Just seriously bad.

Crouch situation A-

Higgins C+

Higgins & Gresham as forward pockets going to murder teams on Marvel.

There is going to be huge collateral damage to list sizes , positioned beautifully for even stronger draft
next year.

Bulldogs will have 1 year in the sun then have to have fire sale next year look at their restricted free agents

Gallagher explained it beautifully today , the recruiting plan is really well structured.

Just look at age profile of our list it is just brilliant , 12 months time it will be better again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Or a future maybe.

Harves shortlisted for North job. Poor bastard.
Harvey knows he aint going to take Ratten's job. but if i was him, I would be coaching a VFL side. He has absolutely no experience in running his own show.
North would be stupid to take on a first time coach again.

Presumably we were not even going to offer Hind a contract. If other teams don't use picks, we might jump up to around the 50 mark, and use the picks on someone we think worth adding to the list
Going by the amount of players we have moved - I think we now have 3 list spots / I think ?
Frawley could well come into the squad and surely we can get a good kid for our round 1 pick which could well move from from 21 to 20 because the Crows will have to use a first round pick to get Hately.
Because I’m completely lazy, has anyone done (or wants to do) something the has our current list size and how many players we are likely to take in the draft. Only need to draft one this year, but how does our situation look? At a guess, I would have thought we only need to add one, unless we delist more.

7326-Editorial-Phantom-Form-Guide-23.jpg

199cm/82kg
15/1/02
Northern Knights/Vic Metro
Key forward/defender

Cox would have been a player scouts would have watched closely this season given the obvious athleticism and ability he has as a 199cm tall. He was at least able to show some of that last season in the NAB League with the Northern Knights. Cox can move brilliantly for a key position player but will need to develop his body once in a system. The son of former Fitzroy, Melbourne and Brisbane player Darryl Cox.

could be a player to look at but will need to be eating like a Demon to put some beef on.

7326-Editorial-Phantom-Form-Guide-10.jpg

202cm/82kg
2/3/02
Gippsland Power/Vic Country
Key defender

A tall defender with good foot skills who can set up the play from the defensive 50. Reid is one of a number of key position players jockeying for positions inside the first round of the draft and he has good claims on a spot – he's smart, reads the play well and has also got some footy in this season, playing with local club Leongatha.

With picks 21 , 64 , 67 , 74 , 93 , It does look like we will attempt to trade up with our middle 3 picks and keep the last for Wilkie. Would be nice to get a gun with pick 21. Looking at each clubs picks , we are in a good position , with trading up
Yeah the extra list spot for Hind and a pick in between what we had could be useful. We may not use it, but better than letting Hind walk, and not having that pick 64.

The picks 64 & 67 are worth minimal points, but might just be enough to trade live to a club that works in our favour.

Going by the amount of players we have moved - I think we now have 3 list spots / I think ?
Frawley could well come into the squad and surely we can get a good kid for our round 1 pick which could well move from from 21 to 20 because the Crows will have to use a first round pick to get Hately.

7326-Editorial-Phantom-Form-Guide-23.jpg

199cm/82kg
15/1/02
Northern Knights/Vic Metro
Key forward/defender

Cox would have been a player scouts would have watched closely this season given the obvious athleticism and ability he has as a 199cm tall. He was at least able to show some of that last season in the NAB League with the Northern Knights. Cox can move brilliantly for a key position player but will need to develop his body once in a system. The son of former Fitzroy, Melbourne and Brisbane player Darryl Cox.

could be a player to look at but will need to be eating like a Demon to put some beef on.

7326-Editorial-Phantom-Form-Guide-10.jpg

202cm/82kg
2/3/02
Gippsland Power/Vic Country
Key defender

A tall defender with good foot skills who can set up the play from the defensive 50. Reid is one of a number of key position players jockeying for positions inside the first round of the draft and he has good claims on a spot – he's smart, reads the play well and has also got some footy in this season, playing with local club Leongatha.
Hately will go in preseason draft, not national.

Funniest thing with the Hind deal is that it is a clear loss in isolation however the Druggies supporters are unimpressed by trading for an ex reserves player.
i must go over to their board and check it out.

I love that.
Not just an easy pay check but someone who will come in and push our defence to be better.

Would be a nice touch if Jake was to pass over the number 2 jumper for season 2021.

Ideally in front of a home crowd in the season opener so we can honour Spud properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back