List Mgmt. 2021-2022...List management.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys I come in peace…what’s Burgoyne as a player like? Will you guys persist with him you think? Asking for my fantasy team lol

I don't think Hinkley cares about the club at all. I agree that he cares about many of the players (not all of them) but at best he's indifferent to the club and actually hates our supporters.
He has zero empathy with the fans. Never hear him talk about them.

Skinner has to be one of the most bizarre football stories this year for us.

Had an outstanding year in the sanfl last year. Looked McGovern like with the intercept marking and physicality. Then gets talked up all pre season as a player who is ready to breakthrough. Plays two of the worst AFL games you will see. And then plays below average sanfl footy for the rest of the year.

Where did it all go wrong? Can only assume confidence issues because his sanfl form has been significantly worse this year than last year.

Skinner has to be one of the most bizarre football stories this year for us.

Had an outstanding year in the sanfl last year. Looked McGovern like with the intercept marking and physicality. Then gets talked up all pre season as a player who is ready to breakthrough. Plays two of the worst AFL games you will see. And then plays below average sanfl footy for the rest of the year.

Where did it all go wrong? Can only assume confidence issues because his sanfl form has been significantly worse this year than last year.
100% agree. Bizarre. I was really excited to see him play at the start of the year. Not only did he look completely lost at AFL level, he's never come close to producing his best form for the Magpies either. Speaks to our coaches' suboptimal development and harnessing of players' talent and secondly, their inability to judge how training form will translate to match form.

The drive by that Kane Cornes just gave Karl Amon on Footy Classified when discussing his possible deal of 5 years at $650k "Every third possession he hands it back to the opposition."🤣

Robbie is an absolute champion but I’m a little on the fence about him playing on. Trav saying he’s been carrying an injury just seems a poor excuse for his form. He’s almost always suffered from injuries and his body likely can’t stand up to the rigours of AFL football anymore. It’d be an absolutely ruthless decision cause I also think he’s earnt the right to call it when he sees fit. If he thinks he’s got more to give then we back him in.

Robbie is an absolute champion but I’m a little on the fence about him playing on. Trav saying he’s been carrying an injury just seems a poor excuse for his form. He’s almost always suffered from injuries and his body likely can’t stand up to the rigours of AFL football anymore. It’d be an absolutely ruthless decision cause I also think he’s earnt the right to call it when he sees fit. If he thinks he’s got more to give then we back him in.
Robbie in the preseason was the best Robbie we've seen in a few years. After doing his knee in the first round and being continually played because we had so many injuries it can't have helped. Only he knows if his knee is up to it, I reckon he deserves another season if he thinks he can.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Motlop gone. That was the easy one though.

Boak (I'd keep one more year), Robbie (retire), Lycett (trade), Jonas (not captain and told he'll be back-up, so 'retiring' would look better for all) are the one's that will show if we're going to not just continue on with the buffoon, but look to the future with our playing list as well. I expect the club to be as cowardly here as with sacking Ken and all four go around again. Members / supporters can be abused, but everyone else no hurt feeling or minimum standards required.

I think Robbie will make the decision on if he thinks he's got a year left in him and where the team is. Don't see him playing on if he thinks we're missing finals again.

That does make it a bit hard if Ken isn't officially sacked until after the season. He might want to talk to a possible new coach first. Would be a shame if nothing is said before the showdown and then he quietly retires after the season.

To quote frozen “let it go”

We love nostalgia but it’s time to cast aside some hero’s that haven’t got it done. It’s okay, they gave it their all but just couldn’t get it done. Now it’s someone else’s turn to shine.

I’m actually thinking that a few years down the bottom of the ladder would be good business for us. Starting with playing the kids for the next 3 rounds.

I actually think we need to hit the draft early and hard for a few years. Need to do this before the Tassie team raids the competition.

So, this will be unpopular, but perhaps trading Ollie Wines, Houston, Dixon, Lycett and any-one over 25 with value, would be good business. 1st round picks are key

Freo lost Neale, but look at what they were able to do with early draft picks…?

I fear we are/will be stuck in middle table land for the next 10 years. We can’t do what Vic clubs do and attract lots of players through trade when in a premiership window.

So for me it’s time to be bold and pull the trigger. Cut Ken, trade out some older boys, say bye to Amon, hit the draft (or JHF/Pickett cause they are young), and do it before the Tassie team is in.

Yeah second rounder isn’t happening. Dunkley is a gun.

I wouldn’t trade our first this year. Hopefully Amon compo is enough.

If not, I could live with next years’ first

Isn't this the draft where we don't have a second rounder?

We still have a first rounder, for now anyway. And waiting on the Amon pick.

Could be interested in Harry Sheezel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back