Preview 2021 AFL National Draft | NM - #1, #20, #42, #47,#72, #77, #95

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So mcpherson resigned at a time he was performing well and when gold coast were paying stupid money for subpar players e.g. Ellis and Atkins - fair to say we would essentially be paying approx. $500k and a list spot for pick 19? Deal?

As others have suggested we may then use 19 and 20 to go further up the draft (19 + 20 for 9 or something idk) bring us back to our current list size.

He's only contracted for 1 more year so its a no brainer.

I guess we may need to off 2 or 3 on a reduced amount to get him across though - but lets see

its a deal. Some think he has potential - i have no idea but he killed us i know that.

ok, so say, we have 19 & 20. End of round 1 Draper, JVR and Aleer are all still on the board. Crows really want one of the SA kids. We suspect it’s Draper but could be Aleer who is our first preference. They offer a future 2nd to trade up from 23 to get ahead of GC & hawfs. Do you trade 19 or hold firm on 20 and risk the deal falling over?
In that case I’d be taking JVR and Aleer as that would help lock up kpps. But that is because I rate those JVR and aleer seems worthy . Now I suspect JVR will be gone by then.

Assuming in your situation dropping back 4 spots for a future second is ok from a deal value standpoint that isn’t my worry, it’s more that it seems there is a few ways we can go with these picks and say we take JVR with 19 if aleer/wilmott/rachelle(wishful thinking) or other slider is there at 20 do we miss them at 23 and if that future second rounder is back end we may have outsmarted ourselves

In that case I’d be taking JVR and Aleer as that would help lock up kpps. But that is because I rate those JVR and aleer seems worthy . Now I suspect JVR will be gone by then.

Assuming in your situation dropping back 4 spots for a future second is ok from a deal value standpoint that isn’t my worry, it’s more that it seems there is a few ways we can go with these picks and say we take JVR with 19 if aleer/wilmott/rachelle(wishful thinking) or other slider is there at 20 do we miss them at 23 and if that future second rounder is back end we may have outsmarted ourselves
Love you like a brother LG but that’s shitty short term thinking.

You can effectively double the value of a good pick and keep the talent pipeline coming for an extra year when the recruiters will have better data,

or …

spend it now on a bog ordinary kpf we don’t need just because he's from WA?

Love you like a brother LG but that’s shitty short term thinking.

You can effectively double the value of a good pick and keep the talent pipeline coming for an extra year when the recruiters will have better data,

or …

spend it now on a bog ordinary kpf we don’t need just because he's from WA?
I don’t think he’s a bog ordinary though, I’d argue we do need a quality kpf and I rate him because I like what I’ve seen , not because of his location, but even if it’s not him there appears to be first round talent available at that point mid second rounders start getting away from that, that is the concern. It’s similar principle as swapping JHF for multiple lesser players. We can acquire the pipeline I just want the opportunity to nab a couple of sliders

Hold on to pick 19&20 if it comes our way until at least draft night. There will be a bidding war and I think we could end up with a 2022 first rounder and 2021 second rounder for one of the picks. If not it looks like a pretty good sweet spot to pick from.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

GC's 19 is end of first round compo so I assume it would have to used on the 1st night of the draft. Then again AFL house love to make shit up on the fly. Still having the last pick of the first round and first pick of the second round sets you up for wheeling and dealing. Hopefully Dogs/Melb/Cats/Pies are super keen to get in to that area of the draft and we can take a pick downgrade plus a future pick or even a future 1st. Cats future 1st for 19/20 would be great.

GC's 19 is end of first round compo so I assume it would have to used on the 1st night of the draft. Then again AFL house love to make sh*t up on the fly. Still having the last pick of the first round and first pick of the second round sets you up for wheeling and dealing. Hopefully Dogs/Melb/Cats/Pies are super keen to get in to that area of the draft and we can take a pick downgrade plus a future pick or even a future 1st. Cats future 1st for 19/20 would be great.
Its a start of second round pick.
Its not first round.
We would have the opening 2 picks of the second draft night.

The system doesn't quite work, not matching on RFAs should at the very least drop the compo down a band, if not mean the club is ineligible for compo at all. Farcical the Swans can get a pick for someone they didn't want and had no capacity to hold on to and the same system means we can lose a member of our leadership group we wanted to keep potentially for nothing.

Just MO, but I guarantee you Callaghan will be no different to Polec, and within days of his debut, he’ll be called a squibbish Polec-clone by some Neanderthal who hasn’t played footy in over 20 years.
There are a few highly rated draftees who I see alot of Polec similarities in. Daicos, Hollands and Callaghan amoing them, Wanganeen Millera, who is a bit Brad hillish too.

BTW I think Polec is a good player, limited like Sleevo, he doesn't like contested stuff as much as some but he is no where near as bad as the rap he gets.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The system doesn't quite work, not matching on RFAs should at the very least drop the compo down a band, if not mean the club is ineligible for compo at all. Farcical the Swans can get a pick for someone they didn't want and had no capacity to hold on to and the same system means we can lose a member of our leadership group we wanted to keep potentially for nothing.
Key word in the above ……..”swans”

The swans did well. By the blues taking their time to lodge the paperwork, the swans have gained the better pick. Only by one I know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back