Preview 2021 AFL National Draft | NM - #1, #20, #42, #47,#72, #77, #95

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey mate. Great insight. Would be great for you to post more. Need a few more young talent watchers. Top work.

Cody Raak has no chance of getting picked up.

It’s a fallacy if anyone thinks otherwise.

Seen enough of him live to know this.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If we get 19 would gws do 2 for 19 and future pay 1st? They may like the options 19 opens up for them. If so we would have turned a future 1st and 3rd into pick 2 which would be brilliant trading

I’m watching the Allies vs SA game and just writing some observations down, might post them after the game depending on how useful they actually are. Not looking like the best game for talent right now.
Yeah won’t be pretty watching not a lot of SA talent especially when JHF and Draper are not playing

hope we steer clear of SA after we take JHF

take Vic and WA lads

If we get 19 would gws do 2 for 19 and future pay 1st? They may like the options 19 opens up for them. If so we would have turned a future 1st and 3rd into pick 2 which would be brilliant trading

No, and they would be crazy to. Sadly, if Collingwood had pick 2, we could have extorted it from them.

GWS has a mountain of talent, they don't really need pick 19 calibre players, they burnt a future first round pick to move their pick 6 to pick 4 two years ago.

They want high end talent and are prepared to pay a premium for it.

The one positive of all the compensation picks being given is that Collingwood has dropped 113 points by sliding back a few spots. They had 1707 at beginning of trade period.

They now have 1594.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If we bid, then Collingwood needs 806 more points to secure Daicos without going into deficit at next year's draft. They are planning to trade for more points by securing extra 3rd and 4th round picks, most likely by offering picks from next year. They are a fair chance to finish last next year, and if that's the case, they only have to end up with a deficit of 482 points or less to retain pick 1. They need 282 points deficit or less to avoid dropping from pick 2 to 3, 199 or less to avoid dropping 3 to 4, and 155 or less to avoid dropping 4 to 5. After that, it tends not to matter so much as pick 5 and below tends to be very subjective. So really, they only need to trade in a couple of picks around 46 to avoid dropping down the order among the top 4 picks next year. Their 3rd and 4th rounds picks next year should be worth enough to trade for the points they need.

I didn’t see the game but the wafl website had JVR sneak into his sides best players with 12 disposals and the 4 goals.

Bazzo was named second best for the winning side with 9 disposals and only the 2 marks.

Accurate?

Probably accurate. Swans are a good even team , everyone plays their part

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Adam D’Aloia was dominant for SA and in my opinion the best player on the ground. Strong in the contest, the 2022 midfielder prospect won first possession often, tackled hard and used his penetrating kick to launch scores, compared to the u17 kids on the other side he looked much bigger and stronger. Kicked a very nice long range goal as well.

Harry Lemmey is one who has been talked about a lot for us for 2022 as a key forward, he didn’t disappoint. Last week I was impressed by his high pointing of the ball and overall ability on the lead and he showed that in spades today. He was a dominant force inside 50, generally operating from the goal square to the centre square. He’s long, great on the lead strong overhead and below his knees, looks the full package and could’ve kicked a serious bag if he kicked straight. Part of this might’ve been the result on playing on smaller opponents but even against Keeler he took a strong contested mark where he just reached up higher than him and clunked it.

The last of the u17s I’d like to touch on are Kobe Ryan, Isaac Keeler and Tyson Walls. These guys played for the Allies as they were short on numbers, they look physically underdeveloped compared to SA, which is obvious due to their age. Ryan was full of class, didn’t get much of it but rarely missed a target and didn’t always choose the obvious target, kicked a really classy goal on the run. Keeler found it hard today despite being highly rated, couldn’t find much seperation inside 50 early, rushed a snap for a set shot after a free kick and then was sent to the backline. He was decent up the ground and took a nice intercept mark on Lemmey at one point when switched back, but didn’t help him playing in a team that got belted. I was most impressed with Walls, he was a little pocket rocket, was fast, won centre clearances and bursted from them which was rare for the Allies. I liked his tackle pressure also, he seems a real trier like a Dayne Zorko type.

The ruck battle was interesting as for the Allies, the main ruck was Zac Phillips an U19s SA prospect, he battled well and I thought he was beating Steene early, similar to South and Broadbent the SA vs WA games, while not necessarily beating him in the taps he did solid around the ground and in following up after his ruck contests. Steene came into the game through a few intercept marks into D50 and his tap work started to improve putting it down Liddy and D’Aloia’s throats often.

Mani Liddy is one who I liked a bit in the curtain raiser for the GF, I am impressed by his work in tight and his clean hands, however his foot skills are often rushed and missing targets under pressure, sometimes also taking too long to dispose. Cade Kennedy was strong in bursts through the middle, breaking through quickly for clearances and kicks forward, I found him strong and dynamic compared to Liddy or Roberts.

Roberts I was a bit disappointed with, he had a fine game, kicked a goal and was clean as a first receiver from the stoppage while occasionally winning it from the coalface himself. I kind of expected him to just dominate seeing how he normally plays against much harder competition.

SA’s run and dash was great fun to watch. Burgoyne started quietly up forward but they moved him around a lot and he became an important link in the chain providing run and nice skills. O’Loughlin played his usual Caleb Daniel role, while not as prolific as last game, he was dangerous from kick outs as well as kicking inside 50 where he often picked out targets with darts. Alistair Lord really impressed me with his dash, despite not always hitting the target he just moved so well. Beecken another who provided run, intercepted well and had some beautiful kicks. Hugh Jackson I had been disappointed by previously in the champs games, but today after getting a slight injury early played a bit more forward and I thought was dangerous with his kicking inside 50. Harvey Harrison another who really impressed me with his class, everything he touched seemed to turn to a score with his two nice snaps off great crumbing work some highlights.

For Allies they only had some dash in the 2nd quarter and struggled to get going in the 2nd half. Ronald Fejo Jr. was a guy I was so excited to see and he didn’t disappoint, often bamboozling opponents with his smooth moves, I am concerned he tries to do too much at times though. Kind of a mini version of NWM. Sam Frost was a solid leader from the back, with some nice intercepts early, he and Brodie Lake controlled the back half and were equally as prolific, Lake was quick and I loved his desperation to make plays and try to stop the opposition from scoring. Josh Green was one of their bigger bodies and he was good in the contest matched up on Roberts for most of the game, but it was hard work for Allies mids in there, have to admire his work rate though his kicking was not very good.

In terms of key position players, the ones I haven’t already touched on. Morgan Ferres and Zac Becker at 190cm are awkward heights but used their big frames to take contested marks. Both kicking 3 goals on the day, with Becker’s 3 coming all in the last quarter. Cooke had an almost day, got his hands on it heaps but dropped a lot of marks and gave away a few free kicks. Genuinely could’ve kicked a bag if he marked everything he got his hands on. Kicked a nice snap for his only goal. He was the one getting up the ground the most as well I thought.

In terms of key position players, the ones I haven’t already touched on. Morgan Ferres and Zac Becker at 190cm are awkward heights but used their big frames to take contested marks. Both kicking 3 goals on the day, with Becker’s 3 coming all in the last quarter. Cooke had an almost day, got his hands on it heaps but dropped a lot of marks and gave away a few free kicks. Genuinely could’ve kicked a bag if he marked everything he got his hands on. Kicked a nice snap for his only goal. He was the one getting up the ground the most as well I thought.
great work, many thanks

No, and they would be crazy to. Sadly, if Collingwood had pick 2, we could have extorted it from them.

GWS has a mountain of talent, they don't really need pick 19 calibre players, they burnt a future first round pick to move their pick 6 to pick 4 two years ago.

They want high end talent and are prepared to pay a premium for it.
Was thinking more along the lines of the value they could get for it for next year, as first live pick on day 2.

Missed the first half because I forgot about daylight savings and it not existing in lesser Syria. Damn farmers...;)
Mate i just returned from working in Israel and Syria and still managed to watch most of our games this year.

Mate i just returned from working in Israel and Syria and still managed to watch most of our games this year.
I was referencing this joke thread about QLD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back