Preview 2021 AFL National Draft | NM - #1, #20, #42, #47,#72, #77, #95

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

NGA MISS LEAVES WINGMAN UP FOR GRABS
West Australian wingman Arthur Jones will be available in the main NAB AFL Draft pool after it emerged West Coast did not sign him as a Next Generation Academy prospect.
There has been recent interest in Jones from AFL clubs since an eye-catching performance for WA in the under-19s clash against South Australia on Grand Final day.
The 18-year-old Claremont youngster also enjoyed a strong end to his school and WAFL colts seasons, leading to a club invite for him to test at the Draft Combine next week.

It had been assumed by clubs that West Coast would have priority access to Jones, who grew up in Mt Barker in WA's south and was part of the club's NGA zone, but he was not locked in before his 17th year as required under Academy rules.
WA's Arthur Jones celebrates a goal against SA on September 25, 2021. Picture: AFL Photos

WA's Arthur Jones celebrates a goal against SA on September 25, 2021. Picture: AFL Photos

It is not clear if the Eagles were set on drafting Jones, who was well-known to them, but it is now likely they will face competition for the Wesley College student, whose mix of speed and endurance has recruiters interested as a late selection.

Couple of tidbits on JHF

vaping inside a pub before being reprimanded by security “don’t you know who I am” 😂

ragging on daicos, saying he will be better than him at AFL level.

love the sheer arrogance of the bloke, it’s arguably the one thing we’ve been missing in our mix

Couple of tidbits on JHF

vaping inside a pub before being reprimanded by security “don’t you know who I am” 😂

love the sheer arrogance of the bloke, it’s arguably the one thing we’ve been missing in our mix

Lol IF that's true, sounds like a bit of a w***er

What do you think all the kids we drafted were like?

He’s the highest rated 18 year old kid in the country. He’s also probably the most talked about u18 to come out of his state in decades.

No 18 year old has the capacity to deal with that spotlight without letting that get to their head a little bit. Confidence is a very good thing in a footballer. Talent & hard work will get you 80% there, but that additional 20% comes from self belief. Look no further then our clubs greatest ever player.

F*** I’m 30 and I’d be carrying on a lot worse.

He’s the highest rated 18 year old kid in the country. He’s also probably the most talked about u18 to come out of his state in decades.

No 18 year old has the capacity to deal with that spotlight without letting that get to their head a little bit. Confidence is a very good thing in a footballer. Talent & hard work will get you 80% there, but that additional 20% comes from self belief. Look no further then our clubs greatest ever player.

It’s Carey levels of ’confidence’ bring it on!..

It’s Carey levels of ’confidence’ bring it on!..

All the best have arrogance, some can hide it better than others.

The kid was probably on the piss after a long year with some Chinese whispers with sauce on top. Bring back the arrogance, we haven’t had it since the 90’s.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

All the best have arrogance, some can hide it better than others.

The kid was probably on the piss after a long year with some Chinese whispers with sauce on top. Bring back the arrogance, we haven’t had it since the 90’s.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
💯

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Couple of tidbits on JHF

😂😂

Yeah look most AFL players are 10x worse than that on a night out. I’ve seen blokes who haven’t even gotten a game yet walk around like they’re Wayne Carey.

As long as he backs up his talk and helps us win a flag, i wouldn’t give a flying f*** if he punched me in the face on a night out.

Couple of tidbits on JHF

strange how you turn a human vice into a human virtue

strange how you turn a human vice into a human virtue

because your “moral” vice is a positive in the field of professional and competitive sports.

he will be the most arrogant player we’ve had since Carey and boy do we need it. He’s got all the tools to be the best player in the competition and he knows it.

best thing is at our club we can use that to an advantage, no one rates you, chip on the shoulder prove yourself mentality.

If he stayed here in Adelaide and went to the camrys he’d be earmarked the holy grail on the day he walked in, put on a pedestal with god and end up inflating his head until it popped in a punchup at the rams gate.

don’t get me wrong he will put a few noses out of joint the way he goes about it - he will be putting more blokes on their arse on field though

because your “moral” vice is a positive in the field of professional and competitive sports.

he will be the most arrogant player we’ve had since Carey and boy do we need it. He’s got all the tools to be the best player in the competition and he knows it.

best thing is at our club we can use that to an advantage, no one rates you, chip on the shoulder prove yourself mentality.

If he stayed here in Adelaide and went to the camrys he’d be earmarked the holy grail on the day he walked in, put on a pedestal with god and end up inflating his head until it popped in a punchup at the rams gate.

don’t get me wrong he will put a few noses out of joint the way he goes about it - he will be putting more blokes on their arse on field though

NGA MISS LEAVES WINGMAN UP FOR GRABS
West Australian wingman Arthur Jones will be available in the main NAB AFL Draft pool after it emerged West Coast did not sign him as a Next Generation Academy prospect.
There has been recent interest in Jones from AFL clubs since an eye-catching performance for WA in the under-19s clash against South Australia on Grand Final day.
The 18-year-old Claremont youngster also enjoyed a strong end to his school and WAFL colts seasons, leading to a club invite for him to test at the Draft Combine next week.

It had been assumed by clubs that West Coast would have priority access to Jones, who grew up in Mt Barker in WA's south and was part of the club's NGA zone, but he was not locked in before his 17th year as required under Academy rules.
WA's Arthur Jones celebrates a goal against SA on September 25, 2021. Picture: AFL Photos's Arthur Jones celebrates a goal against SA on September 25, 2021. Picture: AFL Photos

It is not clear if the Eagles were set on drafting Jones, who was well-known to them, but it is now likely they will face competition for the Wesley College student, whose mix of speed and endurance has recruiters interested as a late selection.

Nice try eagles.

All other clubs assume eagles who accept the ruling without a fight just aren't interested.

Jones drifts into the 3rd round of the rookie draft where the eagles finally punch in his number.

Goes on to win their 2025 B&F and the list manager slips he was ranked #8 on their overall list that year.

Most of the big stars in any field have an innate level of narcissism, self-belief and arrogance that helps reveal their brilliance. You need a lot of tickets on yourself in a world that's going to kick you in the arse an awful lot along the way.

There's the odd exception - Pagan mentioned Kouta was the only elite player he met who didn't carry himself like he was God's gift - but that's rare.

There'll be a few boys who will rock Horne's world in early training sessions to keep his feet on the ground. But if he absolutely believes in the pit of his stomach that he'll be better than any of them and has the work ethic to back it up - he probably will be.

Most of the big stars in any field have an innate level of narcissism, self-belief and arrogance that helps reveal their brilliance. You need a lot of tickets on yourself in a world that's going to kick you in the arse an awful lot along the way.

There's the odd exception - Pagan mentioned Kouta was the only elite player he met who didn't carry himself like he was God's gift - but that's rare.

There'll be a few boys who will rock Horne's world in early training sessions to keep his feet on the ground. But if he absolutely believes in the pit of his stomach that he'll be better than any of them and has the work ethic to back it up - he probably will be.
Kouta was just a humble souvlaki salesman.

It's not a sign of confidence it's a sign of insecurity.

Nothing abnormal about that at 18.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back