Strategy 2021 Draft and Hypothetical pick trade proposals

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol seriously can we just have a ban on posting things ol clickbait Kornes says…

none of it is interesting and it’s all designed to just stir people up.

Hodgey wants a new rule! Hodgey gets a new rule.

No more clickbait shit from Cornes in here.

Also:
Can we also threadban Rendell quotes. The bloke is senile.
Done ✔️

We do not need more 28 year olds during a rebuild
Sam Mitchell and Luke Hodge were 31 in 2013

Wingard has the football acumen to play on well into his 30's - we might be giving away a guy who has another 150 games in him. That said if we get pick 2 for him I'd have to consider it.

This article is suggesting we deal Wingard for 13 while paying a large part of his salary. If we did this I'd be livid.

No pick 2 no can do.

People always complain we over pay for players are the same ones who are happy to give up our players for a bag of chips. Pick 13 for Wingard is BS

Sam Mitchell and Luke Hodge were 31 in 2013

Wingard has the football acumen to play on well into his 30's - we might be giving away a guy who has another 150 games in him. That said if we get pick 2 for him I'd have to consider it.
Neither had the soft tissue injuries Wingard has had. I very much doubt he'll have that much longevity in him. He may be willing, but his body is letting him down already.

I know everyone hates the social media fluff but...

Wingard posted a photo on instagram 14 hours ago and his account has liked a number of "Stay at hawthon" comments etc. (important detail: he has liked every comment regardless of its content :tearsofjoy: - no idea how he finds the time)

I know everyone hates the social media fluff but...

Wingard posted a photo on instagram 14 hours ago and his account has liked a number of "Stay at hawthon" comments etc. (important detail: he has liked every comment regardless of its content :tearsofjoy: - no idea how he finds the time)
He’s also liked the troll posts saying “ he’s gone” too, so I wouldn’t be taking too much notice of what he’s liking.

Neither had the soft tissue injuries Wingard has had. I very much doubt he'll have that much longevity in him. He may be willing, but his body is letting him down already.
That's what supporters wrote word for word when Shaun Burgoyne came to the club - luck to get a season or two out of him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's what supporters wrote word for word when Shaun Burgoyne came to the club - luck to get a season or two out of him.
This is the tough part for clubs when it comes to trading players...The human aspect. Clubs have to make bloody tough decisions but you always hear clubs say we'll make the decision that is best for the club. The club just needs to understand whether the long term best decision is to keep a guy like Chad or the net gain its get for trading him out. Only those at the club and know the situation can really answer that. On the surface (and removing the emotional aspect of trading out Chad) , 2 + 13 for 5 + 13 is a no brainer, but who's to say that's even close to what Giants say yes to.

This is the tough part for clubs when it comes to trading players...The human aspect. Clubs have to make bloody tough decisions but you always hear clubs say we'll make the decision that is best for the club. The club just needs to understand whether the long term best decision is to keep a guy like Chad or the net gain its get for trading him out. Only those at the club and know the situation can really answer that. On the surface (and removing the emotional aspect of trading out Chad) , 2 + 13 for 5 + 13 is a no brainer, but who's to say that's even close to what Giants say yes to.
Theyre not the ones to say yes, we are. Hawthorn are the fishermen in this trade period either make a deal to favour us or piss off.

The time to let Breust go was two years ago, we cannot miss that boat again with this current group of 28 year olds

Harsh.

Is that attitude towards players who were promised the world when enticed to the Hawks the best way to rebuild a winning team culture?
Who would want to come to the club if that's how we deal with them? That's every player for themselves. Hardly installs a team first attitude. Someone like Impey would think F**k this place, I'm out of here next chance..

Hope you don't complain that we aren't a destination club anymore if that's how we treat our players.
They were promised the world by Clarko and he’s not here anymore..

It’s a new regime with Sam Mitchell at the helm and the only way to get access to top end talent is to unfortunately make sacrifices for long term gain.. pick 2 + 13 gives us that chance.. what if we never traded Croad in 2001 for pick 1??

You know what really makes you a destination club?? Having young top end talent on the rise - showing that you are on the way to contending.. if you have a young core on the rise players will be falling over themselves to get on board. Once the wins come, the culture takes care of itself..

We just don’t have enough young top end talent at the moment.. and we need it desperately, the longer we wait, the longer it’s gonna take and means we will have to finish near the bottom of the ladder for more years to come..

The time is now- if pick 2 + 13 are on the table I’d be furious if the club didn’t trade an inconsistent 29 year old to make it happen… now is the time to be bold…

Last edited:
The only way I see this Chad move happening, is if the deal is too good for him to say 'no'. It will mean GWS tapping into some of Gil$ ambassador funds. Yes, we still pay a chunk of his salary but think it's the cash on top that helps tip the scales.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back