Strategy 2021 Draft and Hypothetical pick trade proposals

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol seriously can we just have a ban on posting things ol clickbait Kornes says…

none of it is interesting and it’s all designed to just stir people up.

Hodgey wants a new rule! Hodgey gets a new rule.

No more clickbait shit from Cornes in here.

Also:
Can we also threadban Rendell quotes. The bloke is senile.
Done ✔️

May have something to do with this. Port's view seems to be that he may not have the professionalism required to make it as a player.
https://7news.com.au/sport/afl/port...eter-ladhams-after-covid-breach-ban-c-1255334

Funnily enough, this still sits in the murky area for mine in regards to his 'dickheadness'.

Mainly because I have family member who knows Dan Houston very well and from all reports he is a super nice, polite young bloke, yet he too was caught up in this Covid beach party. So if that party is as bad as it gets i'm still not turned off Ladhams.

Just woke up to this from our friends at Foxfooty ...

1633378433656.png

All of their writers are like George R R Martin (or to be fair, the TV writers for the GOT series) ... they create 100 random plot-lines and then find they have no sensible way of putting them together.

So that's it. Either the Hawks make sense of it by putting almost everyone on the trade table, or the invincible, desiccated one just gets stabbed by a little girl - or in football terms, "The Hawks Fail To Pull The Trigger."

I know I should pay less attention to the footy media, but it's like looking at a car crash, next to which a really big dog and a really small dog are going at it.

Really a nothing article. Take a few grabs from the Richie Vandenberg interview, throw in some opinions from other footy journos and twist them a little to sound like facts, and you’ve got yourself a 5 minute read with 10 different ads and links to other fox footy stories between every second paragraph.

Trade period. Rinse and repeat.

21+24+ Future second for Pick 8 if Fremantle are serious about getting Clark. Geelong demanding Pick 8 is beyond ridiculous, not worth a top 30 pick for mine.

Leaves Fremantle with 6+24+27 and they bring in Clark
3 top 25 picks for the 10th best kid this year? No thanks.

Is this statement outrageous ? "Bevo will turn Tim O'Brien into an All Australian caliber intercept defender".

Is this statement outrageous ? "Bevo will turn Tim O'Brien into an All Australian caliber intercept defender".

It would be a massive turnaround, and I really haven't seen Bevo as the type of coach to unlock a players hidden potential. The opposite in a few cases tbh.

Maybe having the role permanently, TOB could turn himself into that player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lobb on the move. Would we?
Depends if he's fit, I guess. Don't think he's had a consistent season in years (if ever). Not sure what the injury/ies are though.

He's got 2x more years at $700k at Freo, from memory - so $1.4m.

If he was a salary-cap-dump so we only paid a Future 4th & he came at $500k for 3 years (with a trigger for a 4th) then I'd think it's a pretty good deal - assuming fit. Would provide that FWD/Ruck player to complement Reeves & provide some cover up forward if what Lickmesocks heard is being considered (re: Lewis).

More likely Bevo will try to turn him into a wingman and then banish him when he doesn’t light it up. 😜

What do the actually mean when they say “Being brave”. To me it sounds like they want us to be stupid to create a headline
A point made " “Their currency right now is probably high, that’s the balance you’ve got to find… what are you trying to achieve at the draft table? Three to four first-round picks? What do you have to give up for that? ". As people have mentioned JOM, Wingard, Mitchell, Gunston are on big coins and demand higher picks. The likes of Ceglar,... still get us picks. As others have said, if all left at once, would leave a bit of a hole, but if a few of the experienced left like Gunston/Mitchell then not a much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back