Strategy 2021 Draft and Hypothetical pick trade proposals

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol seriously can we just have a ban on posting things ol clickbait Kornes says…

none of it is interesting and it’s all designed to just stir people up.

Hodgey wants a new rule! Hodgey gets a new rule.

No more clickbait shit from Cornes in here.

Also:
Can we also threadban Rendell quotes. The bloke is senile.
Done ✔️

I'd rather send Breust over for pick 13 and carry almost all of his salary. Again, not worth that on his own but cap space must be a HUGE incentive for GWS atm.. We could probably get XOH for a late pick either way.

Perhaps we can offer to pay ALL of Breusts salary so they can also improve their chances of fitting in Lobb as well. Maybe that might allow us to do a 3 club trade and also move our pick up from 5 to 2.

If we can find a way to keep Chad I'd be happy. I feel like Breust would be a better fit for them anyway.

Sent from my SM-A515U1 using Tapatalk

Can see all our trades (if any) being held to the final hour by the AFL, we seem to be the big story/drama they are running with so will push it as far as they can.

Is this too much to ask for?

O'Meara to Port Adelaide for pick 16.
Ceglar to Geelong and that pick on traded to Collingwood for Lynch.
Draft night: Josh Ward at pick 5.
After pick 12 we trade 16 to the Giants for 13 and swap future seconds.
Select Goater at 13.
Judson Clarke and Rhett Bazzo with picks in the 20's.

In: Ward, Goater, Clarke, Bazzo, Lynch, Brander (DFA).
Out: Ceglar, O'Meara, O'Brien, Hahrahan (delisted).

Two mids, a half forward/mid, a defender, a ruckman and a utility all under the age of 24 come into the club.

If Wingard is told by Sam Mitchell on Wednesday he wants him out and a fresh start then Chad will move. This will come down to an honest and direct chat between player and coach.

The harsh reality is footy is a business and when you are on big coin 600k plus a year like Chad you have a target on your back to perform.

Chads 48 games with us over 3 years have been a massive bag of mixed tricks hence why we are open to discuss him.
I think if that conversation is had then he’ll ask to go back to Adelaide!

Sam Mitchell and Luke Hodge were 31 in 2013

Wingard has the football acumen to play on well into his 30's - we might be giving away a guy who has another 150 games in him. That said if we get pick 2 for him I'd have to consider it.

I agree with your second paragraph, Wingard is all class and is versatile enough to play into his 30's.

However Hodge turned 29 during, and Mitchell was 30 for the entirity of the 2013 season.

Yes, because unless you know more than you're letting on JOM isn't going to Port.

No would think he lands at Essendon I mean in net value…Wingard and Lobb probably $1.4m between them and Hill likely not quite on that much haha so will they need to dump more salary despite Hawthorn fronting some of Wingards money
Seems like GWS may be angling for Wingard + salary for pick 13 and Booby Hill…

I'd rather send Breust over for pick 13 and carry almost all of his salary. Again, not worth that on his own but cap space must be a HUGE incentive for GWS atm.. We could probably get XOH for a late pick either way.

Perhaps we can offer to pay ALL of Breusts salary so they can also improve their chances of fitting in Lobb as well. Maybe that might allow us to do a 3 club trade and also move our pick up from 5 to 2.

If we can find a way to keep Chad I'd be happy. I feel like Breust would be a better fit for them anyway.

Sent from my SM-A515U1 using Tapatalk
Is it because Bruest from NSW too? That is first time I have heard Bruest's name though, generally has been Gunston, JOM, Mitchell, Wingard. I guess depends on GWS and the player involved. If Bruest stays he would be a one club player, although some of the romance has been lost in recent years with players moving to get a few extra years out. I take it because Chad plays the midfield role better, although as others have said chad is also cherry on top and we are in rebuilding stage. I can understand logic of trading each of Gunston, JOM, Mitchell, Wingard, hopefully not all, as others have said probably only two.

If Wingard is told by Sam Mitchell on Wednesday he wants him out and a fresh start then Chad will move. This will come down to an honest and direct chat between player and coach.

The harsh reality is footy is a business and when you are on big coin 600k plus a year like Chad you have a target on your back to perform.

Chads 48 games with us over 3 years have been a massive bag of mixed tricks hence why we are open to discuss him.

This is why I think he should go chase a flag while he can.

Flashy and inconsistent is the GWS motto.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon a few clubs will come hard next week, once one makes a move it will be on! It’s stupid to leave it so late though as there is a lot to work through. Hopefully they are catching up with a few over the weekend

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
9now p
A few more clubs starting to surface & sniffing around our ‘fire’ sale. First time I’ve heard of these combos (oppo club / our player).

A lot to play out over the next few days.

I stated at the start of trade week it’ll be 2 of our better players departing, I still think it’ll be at least 2.

Those clubs who think they’re close to a Flag are the ones sniffing the hardest.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

This is why I think he should go chase a flag while he can.

Flashy and inconsistent is the GWS motto.

GWS has no key position players. If he wanted a flag - Dees Dogs Lions or Tigers and only the times have picks we'd consider and they aint keen on giving them up

GWS Get Wingard Hawks pay his salary + Ceglar + Pick 21
Hawks get Pick 2, 13 and Hill
This will give GWS all the fire power there lacking for a shot at a premiership and don't have to worry about Rory Lobb and his 700k

Clarko and Bolton couldn’t get the midfield group to work together as well as it should on paper.

Sam’s not going to want that same group together unchanged, and then fall into the same trap.

Change is necessary, including both coaching direction and personnel.
Agree and further to our midfield problems Wingard is the last one we'd want to let go. He has played limited time in there due to his ability to play forward and injury but when fit and played as a mid he's been very good. One of O'Meara or TOM are the obvious ones if we were looking to move someone on.

GWS Get Wingard Hawks pay his salary + Ceglar + Pick 21
Hawks get Pick 2, 13 and Hill
This will give GWS all the fire power there lacking for a shot at a premiership and don't have to worry about Rory Lobb and his 700k
Giants don’t want or need Ceglar at this point. Hill wants to go to the Bombers.

I don't like the talk is around pick 13 . It has to be what everyone has said in here 13+2 for 5 + wingard. Values him at 8 which is fair if he is convinced to go and we are paying his wage.

Ceglar to Geelong and that pick on traded to Collingwood for Lynch.
Draft night: Josh Ward at pick 5.
After pick 12 we trade 16 to the Giants for 13 and swap future seconds.
Select Goater at 13.
Judson Clarke and Rhett Bazzo with picks in the 20's.

In: Ward, Goater, Clarke, Bazzo, Lynch, Brander (DFA).
Out: Ceglar, O'Meara, O'Brien, Hahrahan (delisted).

Two mids, a half forward/mid, a defender, a ruckman and a utility all under the age of 24 come into the club.
Yes, very reasonable, you have trading only one of the 4 players, still keeping 3. The players you have chosen are all reasonable with where Cal has them going. Goater / Ward combination seems appropriate. As media and others have said we are probably looking at trades few years late, some here said even goes further than that, when we traded out Lewis,Mitchell for peanuts, hard decision that time was on JOM,Wingard,Mitchell. Anyway we will be at bottom of ladder for a while, just need to work our way up with elite talent, while keeping some old heads and not getting belted week in, week out which can hurt morale.

If they throw in o’halloran to us reckon that’s not far off what gets done
Not if he doesn't want to go.

He's not a kid - he doesn't have to go to where he doesn't want to. He likes hanging out and playing fortnite - I could see saying stuff it I'll play in the SANFL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back