List Mgmt. 2021 Draft and Trade Hypotheticals

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just went and checked out the Adelaide board, so good laughs in there.
still sooking about Tippett, thinking Dawson will win flags at Adelaide, hilarious considering their dog 💩 list. Bunch deluded peasants.

Jordan wants September off. He can get cheap holidays then lol

Not interested In the Melbourne pick. The club shouldn’t be either. Almost certainly going to lower than 17 that the club already turned down

I don't mind it actually. pick next year is better for us, ideally I'd rather the Crows one with them still holding a future first tied to the Dees anyway

I certainly hope we get Crows future first rounder rather than Melbourne's. More likely to get Melbourne's though. If that is the case, let's hope they have a premiership hangover like the Doggies did.

I certainly hope we get Crows future first rounder rather than Melbourne's. More likely to get Melbourne's though. If that is the case, let's hope they have a premiership hangover like the Doggies did.

I'd rather take the chance on the Dees falling than taking pick 17 this season. Plus death riding the Dees will be fun!

It would give me absolute glee if North or Gold Coast just came out and said "yeah, we'd take Dawson if he went to the PSD" to make the Crows fans collectively sh*t themselves
I think the northern clubs should work as a pack in these situations. The divide and conquer strategy only benefits the VFL.

Let me get this straight Cerra is worth the equivalent of pick 4 (pick 6 + f3) and yet we are expected to take scraps...if Adelaide never play a final again I'll be thrilled they have taken over the Dogs for the biggest campaigners bar none.

Let me get this straight Cerra is worth the equivalent of pick 4 (pick 6 + f3) and yet we are expected to take scraps...if Adelaide never play a final again I'll be thrilled they have taken over the Dogs for the biggest campaigners bar none.

Yep I don’t get it. Cerra is universally regarded as worth a top 6 pick yet Dawson likely to get us less than what cats are getting for Jordan clarke. AFL trading is a joke

Yep I don’t get it. Cerra is universally regarded as worth a top 6 pick yet Dawson likely to get us less than what cats are getting for Jordan clarke. AFL trading is a joke

And we have Crows fans screaming blue murder we weren't taking pick 17 honestly if Cerra at 6 is the going rate then swap your F1 Adelaide for the Tigers two picks this season and hand us one...even that is half of what Cerra got!

Perhaps those in the know could enlighten us, but do we have any good Academy products next year? If so, taking a future first is even less attractive if it's likely going to be used in the matching process

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This frustrates me - not you specifically but this idea.

It is a trade between two clubs. Its not the AFL. You can only get what you can get. If you want the AFL to intervene so that every player leaving gets rated by an independent panel and then they get slotted into the system somehow then we can argue for that.

But until that happens what one fella got for one deal has no impact on others

you get what you negotiate and you dont moan about it afterwards.

And we have Crows fans screaming blue murder we weren't taking pick 17 honestly if Cerra at 6 is the going rate then swap your F1 Adelaide for the Tigers two picks this season and hand us one...even that is half of what Cerra got!

My main issue is yea cerra is a couple of years younger but he’s about as run of the mill as it gets. Inside mids are just about the easiest position for teams to replace. Their a dime a dozen. Dawson is 193cm tall, can play either end and legitimately a top 3 kick in the league

This frustrates me - not you specifically but this idea.

It is a trade between two clubs. Its not the AFL. You can only get what you can get. If you want the AFL to intervene so that every player leaving gets rated by an independent panel and then they get slotted into the system somehow then we can argue for that.

But until that happens what one fella got for one deal has no impact on others

you get what you negotiate and you dont moan about it afterwards.

Look I'm happy with what we are doing and if that means taking a bit of under at the end so be it. Taking a stand was important for the club.

My main issue is yea cerra is a couple of years younger but he’s about as run of the mill as it gets. Inside mids are just about the easiest position for teams to replace. Their a dime a dozen. Dawson is 193cm tall, can play either end and legitimately a top 3 kick in the league

Cerra is more outside than inside to be fair. My issue is mainly they got a club that was fair to deal with. If Jordan nominated Carlton we'd be done by now they are very good to deal with. I know it didn't go through but the Papley deal would have been fair from them

Cerra is more outside than inside to be fair. My issue is mainly they got a club that was fair to deal with. If Jordan nominated Carlton we'd be done by now they are very good to deal with. I know it didn't go through but the Papley deal would have been fair from them

If Jordan nominated Carlton we would have 6 and a future 3rd

Perhaps those in the know could enlighten us, but do we have any good Academy products next year? If so, taking a future first is even less attractive if it's likely going to be used in the matching process

Think there is a ruck that is highly rated forget the name.

Billie King, I believe his name is. 17 yo and almost 200cm already..

That's the one. Yeah you'd assume purely as those types are high commodity would cost a bit. The one advantage of having two firsts is even if one is absorbed we'd have a first anyway still which we can trade/draft/whatever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back