List Mgmt. 2021 Draft and Trade Hypotheticals

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ladhams supposedly didn't even ask for a trade.

We are probably interested in Ladhams (I do think he makes sense with our list moving forward).

But it wouldn't be intense interest and we wouldn't want to be overpaying for him.

I can very easily see him staying at Port as we would only want to give up our second and Port will be wanting a first round (which is fair enough).

They are back because negotiations are not exactly going to plan and now with the Ladham’s news Port are firmly back in the play for Dawson which makes them very nervous as they are rather sensitive to Port getting most of the recent returnees back to SA.

We are being very strong on this one, as I believe we have a number of plays to get this deal done for what we want, which includes Dawson being reluctant to use the PSD and shifting the focus to doing an deal with Port instead. We could even agree to pay some $$$ of Dawson’s contact at Port to seal the deal.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
We are not paying any of his contract at port. Ladhams going would give them more $$

Pick 31 for Ladhams. I'd do that in a heartbeat assuming that his cap hold won't be an issue with retaining other players. If we were to sign him up, I would imagine that we'd sign him to a longer contract and smooth out his cap hits over the years of the contract. If he's being paid 600k this year as reported, I could see a deal in the range of 3 years for 900k being agreed - making his cap hold 300k per year. Seems like a fair price.

Last edited:
and how does that help us. that only helps if dawson says stuff this i will re-sign
Then we sign Dawson for 2 more years and if he does decide to go, he goes as a free agent and we'd probably get a first round pick for him. Also Adelaide cries.

Also it means the "leverage" and media narrative of the PSD goes and Crows will have to make an actual reasonable offer

Pick 31 for Ladhams. I'd do that in a heartbeat assuming that his cap hold won't be an issue with retaining other players. If we were to sign him up, I would imagine that we'd sign him to a longer contract and smooth out his cap hits over the years of the contract. If he's being paid 600k this year as reports, I could see a deal in the range of 3 years for 900k being agreed - making his cap hold 300k per year. Seems like a fair price.

I really dont understand. Is Ladhams a number 1 ruck. If yes where does he fit with Hickey. If he is a forward ruck he is largely interchagenable with mclean. Is st kilda still interested ? Do we really need two identical players on a list where you can rarely play 1 ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I really dont understand. Is Ladhams a number 1 ruck. If yes where does he fit with Hickey. If he is a forward ruck he is largely interchagenable with mclean. Is st kilda still interested ? Do we really need two identical players on a list where you can rarely play 1 ?

Can you recall McLean taking a centre bounce at any point this season? I can't imagine he took many at all, if any (happy to be corrected if wrong). It's clear that the coaching staff don't view him as a ruck/KPF but rather just a pure KPF. I suspect that's because of his poor mobility (different from having a big tank, which McLean does). I would think they are not competing for the same spot, but that Ladhams is taking the spot that the likes of Amartey, Sinclair and Reid have been playing over the last few years. I think he represents a clear upgrade in that position too.

He'll play that KPF/Ruck role with us until Hickey is finished up, and it's up to him and his form as to whether he eventually becomes the long term #1 ruckman. I assume that's the trajectory the Swans would have in mind if he does end up signing.

McLean is not a ruckman, not even a chop out ruckman. We have shown that through 2021 when we refused to put him in the middle at all.

McLean is competing with Buddy, Mcadonald and Armatey as a forward.

Also another problem is that Hickey has proven he isn't that great when he has to share ruck duties. He is much better when he is the undisputed number 1 ruckman in his team.

If we get Ladhams we have surplus in rucks/fwds for 1 season - I don't see any downside.

Maybe Amartey or McLean asks for a trade, so we trade out some depth, is this so bad?

Having 6 ruckmen, two of whom are the only legitimate players who can play as a proper number 1 ruckman is not great list management. Not many clubs would have 6 ruckmen on their list.

There have been rumours that Barrass isn’t happy with his role mate, he basically has to cover for McGovern and that takes away from Barrass’s game

I don’t think it’ll happen, but it’s definitely possible that Sydney could convince him IMO, things are a bit dull here at West Coast.

At least you can get out of your house.

Adelaide exchange 4 and Melb 2022 1st with Richmond for 7, 15 and 26.
Then it's 15 and a future 3rd for Dawson and 39.

Seems quite reasonable would prefer a F2 than a F3 but can live with that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back