AFL Grand Final 2021 Grand Final - Melbourne vs Western Bulldogs - Sat, Sept 25 - 5:15pm AWST / 7:15pm AEST

Who you want to win the flag?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Swans wouldve given the Cats a very decent run last night , they blew a pretty big chance of a PF and would be filthy with themselves .

Giants were cooked last week and your taking out Greene, Green and Hogan . Thought the Cats were pretty average and still looked slow.

Unless they improve a lot and Melbourne choke big time ( yes its a chance ) , next weeks game will be over halfway through the 3rd quarter .

Greene and Hogan out really hurt, Hogan to at least create a contest in the air.

Hawkins is just ******* unreal, 5 goals 10 score involvements simply defying logic at 33.

Cats 11 of the last 15 prelims is absolutely absurd.

From what I saw tonight though it won't be enough to beat the Dees.

And yeah thank fu** we didn't get Cogs in hindsight.
Hawkins is the one of the 'golden oldies' who looks like he has 2-3 good years in him.
The rest are showing signs of the death wobbles ( Im not including Smith 😡 )

Your kidding if you think that deserves a suspension?

Sometimes the hatred for Geelong on this board veers into the ludicrous.......

Seems your reading of the marking contact was correct Simon. Late, 50 metres and nothing more.

Surprising I can't seem to find any mention of it in the media this morning.

Now it Toby was playing and................;)

Swans wouldve given the Cats a very decent run last night , they blew a pretty big chance of a PF and would be filthy with themselves .

Giants were cooked last week and your taking out Greene, Green and Hogan . Thought the Cats were pretty average and still looked slow.

Unless they improve a lot and Melbourne choke big time ( yes its a chance ) , next weeks game will be over halfway through the 3rd quarter .
I always base my tip for the GF on who has the easiest prelim week.

The AFL keeping the bye week up their sleeve might change that this year though.

Just got tickets to the GABBA for me and the young fella.
Managed to get seats near the 50ark on the bottom level so will get a good look at the Big Joe and Charlie show.
On the Brisbane bandwagon!
On paper it looks like the Doggies have them covered but I recon if Andrews and Starcevich can hold up the backline and the rebound off half back can put pressure on the Doggies defence then I recon the Lions will get over the line in a close one.
A couple of guys I rate and will be watching closely will be Dev Robinson and Zac Bailey. Really like the way they go about it.

Is it just me or are Geelong the most boring team to watch in the AFL? They choke the life out of a game more than any team in the AFL and make a lot of their games borderline unbearable to watch.

I also reckon its a massive flaw in their game. When teams apply pressure and can play fast attacking football, they often get caught out when it counts

Seems your reading of the marking contact was correct Simon. Late, 50 metres and nothing more.

Surprising I can't seem to find any mention of it in the media this morning.

Now it Toby was playing and................;)
There is no mention of it cause even the most biased anti cat commentator would struggle to make a case that it warranted a suspension.

Personally I am not one who thinks Toby is hard done by, all his suspensions are self inflicted.

Toby reminds me of a teenage boy I saw being forcibly removed of a train in the Western Suburbs for being a total flog (smoking, swearing, etc).

As he was being dragged off the train his comment was "Why are you f.......s always picking on me"

I was like, yeh there is a cause and effect relationship there you might want to examine young lad :think:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is it just me or are Geelong the most boring team to watch in the AFL? They choke the life out of a game more than any team in the AFL and make a lot of their games borderline unbearable to watch.

I also reckon its a massive flaw in their game. When teams apply pressure and can play fast attacking football, they often get caught out when it counts

Disagree with that, when Geelong are on they pretty much pile on 6+ goal quarters as much as any team in the competition, wouldn't say that's bad to watch.

I always base my tip for the GF on who has the easiest prelim week.

The AFL keeping the bye week up their sleeve might change that this year though.
I might be wrong but I’ve always seen that the team with the harder Pre-lim, the closest contest go on and win the flag. Maybe some of richmonds wins count against it. Was true for the hawks though

Disagree with that, when Geelong are on they pretty much pile on 6+ goal quarters as much as any team in the competition, wouldn't say that's bad to watch.
Yeh they kicked 100 points last night, not a bad effort in a qualifying final.

I would say the Cats play a measured brand of footy, maybe not as high octane as Power or the Lions but its a long way from the dire defensive footy seen from other teams over the last 5 or so years (the Hawks included!)

Hawkins is the one of the 'golden oldies' who looks like he has 2-3 good years in him.
The rest are showing signs of the death wobbles ( Im not including Smith 😡 )
Yeh gotta give Hawkins a lot of credit for getting his body in probably the best state of his career at the age of 33.

One thing that amazes me with Hawkins is how completely he dominates those boundary throw ins in the inside 50's, he just ragdolls the opposition ruckmen.

Personally I love to watch power forwards do their thing. Used to love the late 90's when Sav Rocca, Chris Grant, Stewy Lowe, etc used to use their power and size to dominate the inside 50.

We have so few of these types of players left these days (Hawkins, Dixon, ?) that I appreciate their skills when given a chance to watch them in full flight.

My stomach is genuinely sore this morning having laughed all night about Selwood complaining about having a high tackle paid against him.

They bore the opposition to sleep grab their arms and slip them around their own necks, grab the free kick and then kick goals 🤪

fixed.

I might be wrong but I’ve always seen that the team with the harder Pre-lim, the closest contest go on and win the flag. Maybe some of richmonds wins count against it. Was true for the hawks though
Haha think my theory has been shot down hard here! Just because I tip them doesn’t mean much to be fair…

The system has comes from us walking all over Saints in 08 prelim and beating the more fancied Cats and I’m sticking to it! 😂

Some say that outs shouldn’t make a difference but Touhey coming back in last night made a world of difference to that backline and the flipside is with Hogan and Green in, would of made that defence work a lot harder than they had to

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Grand Final 2021 Grand Final - Melbourne vs Western Bulldogs - Sat, Sept 25 - 5:15pm AWST / 7:15pm AEST

Back