Injury 2021 Injury Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I smell another Egan just don’t push yourself too hard Stewart for the love of god
GFC will not allow that to be repeated..
But it is amazingly similar timing, both AA, both pivotal defenders.
Eerily similar.
Good that the injuries are very different though.

I think we will come out angry and with hurt pride, and it will probably get us over the line.
'GWS looked tired on Saturday, and just hung in there, and reminded me a bit of WCE in 2019 when they lost a key player just before our game (Drug suspension- Willy...)

Last edited:

posted in the GD thread I couldn't wait to see the article about PFD's busted hand....

and wah lah.... here we are.

Go Catters

Hopefully you won’t have to wreck your body/sleep this week Daz
night game again... and im working the same schedule.

campaigners.

GO CAtters

I think we will come out angry and with hurt pride, and it will probably get us over the line.
'GWS looked tired on Saturday, and just hung in there, and reminded me a bit of WCE in 2018 when they lost a key player just before our game (Drug suspension- Willy...)
WCE won the flag in 2018, you don't have what Biden has do you? lol

From Kingy's Twitter:

Injury updates from Geelong

- Dangerfield: managing hand issue, will play against Giants
- Tuohy: expected to return from hamstring
- O'Connor: club to be cautious with hamstring tear
- Brownless - underwent shoulder surgery
- Tsapatolis - finger surgery

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Injury report from the club

GEELONG has received a boost ahead of its do-or-die semi-final clash with GWS, with fan favourite Zach Tuohy firming as a certain starter take on the Giants.

Tuohy looms as an obvious replacement for fellow Irish Cat Mark O’Connor, who injured his hamstring against the Power.

Zach Tuohy has progressed through the various stages of his rehab program and has been in full training for a period of time,” GM of Football Simon Lloyd says.

“We expect Zach to be available for this week’s final.”

The Cats also hosed down any concern that star midfielder Patrick Dangerfield was in doubt for the weekend’s match.

“As reported, Patrick is currently managing a hand issue,” Lloyd says.

“He’s trained well today out at East Freo and is all set for Friday’s final.”

Mark O’Connor was the major casualty from the club’s qualifying final defeat.

“Mark O’Connor suffered a hamstring tear during the game against Port Adelaide,” Lloyd says.

“We’re taking a cautious approach and he’s begun his rehab program.”

Tom Stewart continues to complete his rehab with an eye on the grand final, should the Cats make it past the Giants and Demons.

Two uncapped Cats remained behind in Victoria as the Cats journeyed west, keen to get a head start on offseason surgeries.

Oscar Brownless has had surgery this week back in Victoria to stabilise his shoulder,” Lloyd says.

“Knowing Oscar well, he’ll do all he can in his approach. He’s the ultimate professional so his attention to detail will be high through his recovery.

“Similarly, Paul Tsapatolis underwent finger surgery back in Victoria as well to stabilise his finger.”

Category B Rookie Stefan Okunbor has travelled home to Ireland to visit his parents for the first time in two years.

Injury report from the club

GEELONG has received a boost ahead of its do-or-die semi-final clash with GWS, with fan favourite Zach Tuohy firming as a certain starter take on the Giants.

Tuohy looms as an obvious replacement for fellow Irish Cat Mark O’Connor, who injured his hamstring against the Power.

Zach Tuohy has progressed through the various stages of his rehab program and has been in full training for a period of time,” GM of Football Simon Lloyd says.

“We expect Zach to be available for this week’s final.”

The Cats also hosed down any concern that star midfielder Patrick Dangerfield was in doubt for the weekend’s match.

“As reported, Patrick is currently managing a hand issue,” Lloyd says.

“He’s trained well today out at East Freo and is all set for Friday’s final.”

Mark O’Connor was the major casualty from the club’s qualifying final defeat.

“Mark O’Connor suffered a hamstring tear during the game against Port Adelaide,” Lloyd says.

“We’re taking a cautious approach and he’s begun his rehab program.”

Tom Stewart continues to complete his rehab with an eye on the grand final, should the Cats make it past the Giants and Demons.

Two uncapped Cats remained behind in Victoria as the Cats journeyed west, keen to get a head start on offseason surgeries.

Oscar Brownless has had surgery this week back in Victoria to stabilise his shoulder,” Lloyd says.

“Knowing Oscar well, he’ll do all he can in his approach. He’s the ultimate professional so his attention to detail will be high through his recovery.

“Similarly, Paul Tsapatolis underwent finger surgery back in Victoria as well to stabilise his finger.”

Category B Rookie Stefan Okunbor has travelled home to Ireland to visit his parents for the first time in two years.

in terms of his hand injury danger, he looks terrible... he has no ability to mark a football, his influence on the game was non existent.

the hurt from the timing of his injury along with stewarts is shocking.

I know there's been a few questions lately in regards to where Cooper Stephens is at, especially as his recent status updates have said 'TBC' - going by this footage from today's training run, I'm thinking there's been no set back as he appears to be participating in a full squad practice match drill

411FEC2A-182D-4BBB-87B5-529EAF717AC2.jpeg

I know there's been a few questions lately in regards to where Cooper Stephens is at, especially as his recent status updates have said 'TBC' - going by this footage from today's training run, I'm thinking there's been no set back as he appears to be participating in a full squad practice match drill

View attachment 1222758
practicing first goal celebrations, I like it; shows confidence :thumbsu:

:smilev1:

View attachment 1222758

That's the closest Gary Rohan has got to an opponent for a few weeks. Just saying

View attachment 1222758

Good to see Nick Stevens and SDK in that clip along with Cooper - hopefully 3 future stars.
Also very glad Freddie didn't spiflocate Cameron in that marking contest :) Love his aggression , like a lot.

If a week off would actually do his hand some good then I'd leave him out this week. If we can't handle a beaten up GWS without a half fit Danger then we're not good enough.

I think it has to be fixed with end of year surgery a week off wont help his hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back