List Mgmt. 2021 List Management: Draft, Trade, Free Agency and Academy

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would we trade pick 6 (carlton) and future first to gold coast for picks 3, 19 & 22.

If we had pick #3, #19 and #22 with only one or two picks in the draft due to list spots - would you trade them for pick #6 and a future first?
Leaving us with our two picks in the draft (because we upgrade a rookie) being #6 and #43?

I think we consider it for #6 and #8 and the future first, go into the draft with just those two top ten picks.

From a Freo perspective we would be rushing to start the car and get out of there if we could get the deal done for an upgrade of #6 to #3 for the price of a future first we also turn into #19 and #22.

I do think we can get #19, #22, #43, #55 and Will Brodie for pick #8 or 6 though.

I'd rather keep at least first and second rounder for next year tbh. I'm not convinced we're improving much next year tbh and don't think it's worth the risk.

Not really fussed about our third and fourth rounder tbh. Firstly they're later picks and secondly they'll likely be chewed up matching one or two NGA kids post pick 40.

Would we trade pick 6 (carlton) and future first to gold coast for picks 3, 19 & 22.
I would then look at drafting Callaghan (3), Rachele (8), JVR/Williams (19), Hough (22), Benning cat B
Trade in Clarke (27).
I think that would address alot of our list issues.
We need a KPF in Amiss or JVR

Agree, I have just no faith in our ability to judge players.
Disagree strongly, the last 2/3 years they have drafted well.
Who would you have picked up with the picks we had, give credit where it’s due.

Trading in players and picks is entirely another matter IMO. Here’s where they have fallen
down, but that’s completely different to drafting!

Okay I stretched it out by adding wingers (Lukosius plays most on the wing btw) but ultimately they’re still midfield options.

He’s done reasonably well when he’s played even though he’s 4th or 5th in line for an inside mid role. As said by another poster it’s one of his weaknesses he doesn’t do much else. That’s why I say he’d need an injury or two to play at Freo. He isn’t ideal but he’s more likely to succeed as an inside mid at Freo post Mundy than anyone not named Fyfe, Serong or Brayshaw. I can’t see any of our other mids (Aish aside who’s a winger) being on an AFL list when Fyfe retires. It’s a huge issue that needs to be addressed all whilst we address other needs like KPFs.
I don't actually disagree with you. Issue with someone like Brodie imo is there isn't much of a role, under the current rules, for a B grade clearance winner. The 3rd and 4th (in particular) inside mids need to be able to either defend (both stoppages and space on transition) or be able to spread / rotate to the wing / forward / back. I.E. If you're slow and hunt the ball you need to play inside the whole game. So what do we do then? Send the A grade mid Fyfe forward to be a B grade forward, and but a B grader in the middle to replace him? Doesn't make sense to me.

We'd be taking him hoping he gets better, not as is.

Disagree strongly, the last 2/3 years they have drafted well.
Who would you have picked up with the picks we had, give credit where it’s due.

Trading in players and picks is entirely another matter IMO. Here’s where they have fallen
down, but that’s completely different to drafting!
With Clark I am not really questioning him as a player. I think he is OK, and could see him sitting in our best 15-25 players. It is the position he will play that I'm not confident in.

I don't actually disagree with you. Issue with someone like Brodie imo is there isn't much of a role, under the current rules, for a B grade clearance winner. The 3rd and 4th (in particular) inside mids need to be able to either defend (both stoppages and space on transition) or be able to spread / rotate to the wing / forward / back. I.E. If you're slow and hunt the ball you need to play inside the whole game. So what do we do then? Send the A grade mid Fyfe forward to be a B grade forward, and but a B grader in the middle to replace him? Doesn't make sense to me.

We'd be taking him hoping he gets better, not as is.
Good points. How much better is Bordie than Blakely or Tucker?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With Clark I am not really questioning him as a player. I think he is OK, and could see him sitting in our best 15-25 players. It is the position he will play that I'm not confident in.
He’s overpriced for me, pick 27 that’s Langdon territory.

The trouble is we are guessing how good he can be, coz he hasn’t played enough.

I think he is a running halfback / link player who has good speed is able to carry the ball and kick long. Think Wilson but much better he is also a good mark and could develop into a wingman but will need to build his endurance.

Would gws trade 6-8-27, for 2-13-50
25 we also get from blues go to cats for Clarke.
2 will get us Callahan 13 hopefully Amiss or Jvr

I'd rather keep at least first and second rounder for next year tbh. I'm not convinced we're improving much next year tbh and don't think it's worth the risk.

Not really fussed about our third and fourth rounder tbh. Firstly they're later picks and secondly they'll likely be chewed up matching one or two NGA kids post pick 40.

Yeh but also don’t think we go backwards either.
So our future first for pick 10 & Dunstan is handy haul. Fills Your need for a mid and let’s us crack on with rebuild.

We really need a guy like this guy... Coincidentally Geelong were watching last night and have made a call to Krakouer's management to sign him for 2022.

I think he is a running halfback / link player who has good speed is able to carry the ball and kick long. Think Wilson but much better he is also a good mark and could develop into a wingman but will need to build his endurance.
I think he may be better than Wilson, but he may not. But we also have O'Driscoll, Chapman and Aish who fit that position, as well as Walker of course. And we also just extended Hughes contract for several years indicating we are expecting him to play games, not simply be depth.

Needing to build the endurance of a running player with 3 years development is one of the question marks that he carries.

Would gws trade 6-8-27, for 2-13-50
25 we also get from blues go to cats for Clarke.
2 will get us Callahan 13 hopefully Amiss or Jvr
I think they are more likely to take exactly who they want at 2 regardless of rankings, and see who is there at 13. That may not be Callaghan, but say that they want Erasmus or Andrew or Gibcus, take them at 2 rather than risk them not being available at 6.

I would then look at drafting Callaghan (3), Rachele (8), JVR/Williams (19), Hough (22), Benning cat B
Trade in Clarke (27).
I think that would address alot of our list issues.

I’d do that in a shot

Which is a red flag that its skewed in our favour 😄

I can't see GC doing 6 + future first for 3, 19 , 22 especially with a reasonable chance that future first is low teens and very little chance it's top 5.

6 + 8 maybe but not 6 + F1 imo

how risky for Gold Coast that they wouldn’t get a top ten pick with our future first? Not very I think.
We have 8 now, if we improve and finish 9th they get pick 10.
If we stagnate or worse that’s a good deal. Pick 9 or below next for 19 and 22 when you’re overflowing with contracted players is a pretty good deal

how risky for Gold Coast that they wouldn’t get a top ten pick with our future first? Not very I think.
We have 8 now, if we improve and finish 9th they get pick 10.
If we stagnate or worse that’s a good deal. Pick 9 or below next for 19 and 22 when you’re overflowing with contracted players is a pretty good deal

Is the drop from 3 to 6 really so insignificant? Is getting 3 going to change Freo's plans?

And whether it happens or not a lot of people are going to be tipping Fremantle make the 8 next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back