Player Watch 2022 AFL National Draft Discussion - read the pinned post

Who will you be happy with Hawthorn selecting with their first pick?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
National AFL draft Monday November 28(first round only).
All other selections to be held on Tuesday November 29.
The pre-season and rookie drafts will then take place at 3pm (AEST) on Wednesday November 30.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is Geelong's desire to draft Clark something that is actually known or is it one of those "people keep saying it, so it must be true" situations?

If it is actually the case do we think they would still prioritise him over Tsatas if he happened to slip?

I can see Geelong wanting to live trade with us on the night if Clark is still available at our selection. Which could be very lucrative for us. But if Tsatas is still available how do we know they aren't wanting to trade up to pick him instead? Likewise, in that situation they'd have to think we were more into Clark to bother dealing, otherwise they'd just wait for us to pick Tsatas and then take Clark.

A lot of mind games here. Similar to the 2004 draft. If I recall correctly Roughy thought he was Richmond bound after we hadn't shown him a lot of interest prior to the draft, but we knew if we selected Buddy with our first selection Rough was certain to be selected before our pick 5.

So if we're not actually planning to take Clark then maybe we should be interviewing him another couple times before the draft and strategically leaking that we're keen to try and make Geelong blink into live trading with us. Even if they trade up with one of the clubs ahead of us it works out well as then someone we might rate higher still falls through.

I doubt we'd be reading it here first if it was something that is known.

It seems just as likely to be a ruse to try and trick us to pick the type of player whose game might translate worst to AFL, no matter the size of his heart, undeniable quality of his character, and will to win.

If you were ticking boxes for a player in the current game, or even trying to make a Selwood comparison, I'm not sure he's going to be it based on what I've seen online and read.

Lot of talk about him having the will to win of a Hodge or Mitchell. They both had absolute stand out abilities on top of the will to succeed at all costs that Clark shares. Does Clark have one would be my question?

Should we pick up Casey Voss

Knightmare has him @ 15 🤣🤣🤣

But he is a mature body who you could snag with a late pick
Ban yourself mate.

Does he have Callow going early to mid first round this year too?
Casey Voss is a pretty good footballer but FMD I'm sick of Knightmare having 1 selection every year where he's throwing in a long shot just so he can live up to his "The AFL Draft Expert" handle he has everywhere.

Scheer, Callow, Ronke and now Voss and that's just since 2016.

I think I read somewhere that in an interview Mattaes said that he would prefer to play his footy at an interstate club or something along those lines ……. can someone please confirm or it must have been a dream
I think it was something along the line that it would be more exciting to be picked by an interstate club

Umm guys….this is a little concerning?

In perhaps a sign the self-belief and confidence of overseas athletes is beginning to influence Australia’s emerging footballers, Phillipou was one of several prospects spoken to by foxfooty.com.au that indicated he’d take himself with the first selection.

“I think I‘d have to say myself, just because I think if you’re not going to back yourself, you probably don’t have the confidence required to play in the league,” he said.

“Whether I think I’m the best right now, I would probably say yes as well. But look at the end of the day, it‘s what clubs need and I might not be the best fit for a club. But if I had Pick 1, I’d definitely be taking myself.”

Does he have Callow going early to mid first round this year too?
Callow is off to GWS. They traded in pick 1 so they could get him before north grabbed him.

People just heard the Ca and assumed Cadman. But as the all-knowing Knightmare has foretold, it was Callow.

In perhaps a sign the self-belief and confidence of overseas athletes is beginning to influence Australia’s emerging footballers, Phillipou was one of several prospects spoken to by foxfooty.com.au that indicated he’d take himself with the first selection.

“I think I‘d have to say myself, just because I think if you’re not going to back yourself, you probably don’t have the confidence required to play in the league,” he said.

“Whether I think I’m the best right now, I would probably say yes as well. But look at the end of the day, it‘s what clubs need and I might not be the best fit for a club. But if I had Pick 1, I’d definitely be taking myself.”
Reading this I can only assume he’s been concussed one (or ten) too many times.

Reads more like he's going in with a ton of confidence in his ability and just worded it poorly. It's not a FIGJAM sorta comment to make, he's got the confidence that he'll become the best player in the draft. I'd rather that than a timid, reserved player who doesn't have that internal drive to see themselves as the best in the league.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Could be great…or the next Ryan burton 😂

The

Sounds like a mindset thing to me, not concerning at all.

Reads more like he's going in with a ton of confidence in his ability and just worded it poorly. It's not a FIGJAM sorta comment to make, he's got the confidence that he'll become the best player in the draft. I'd rather that than a timid, reserved player who doesn't have that internal drive to see themselves as the best in the league.
Mitch Thorp says hi !

Not sure that bignoting yourself has anything to do with internal drive. Sounds a little easily pleased if anything. But time will tell I guess whether he’s a Tomic or a Djokovic.

Sarcastic The Rookie GIF by ABC Network

Nothing wrong with a bit of self belief...

Frankly, if I was available for this year's draft, and I was a team with pick one, I'd be taking me too...

He sounds exactly like a FIGJAM.
He had a chance to tone it down a little but instead choose to suggest that the only reason he might not be Pick 1 was if he wasn’t a good fit for the club.

“Whether I think I’m the best right now, I would probably say yes as well. But look at the end of the day, it‘s what clubs need and I might not be the best fit for a club.”

Best mates with Ryan Burton I see.

He sounds exactly like a FIGJAM.
He had a chance to tone it down a little but instead choose to suggest that the only reason he might not be Pick 1 was if he wasn’t a good fit for the club.

“Whether I think I’m the best right now, I would probably say yes as well. But look at the end of the day, it‘s what clubs need and I might not be the best fit for a club.”
He wants the 10G?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back