List Mgmt. 2022 Draft and Trade Hypotheticals: Kinnear & Dalrymple - we march to no drum but our own!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

No just Blakey, JMac, Florent, Campbell, Stephens and Rankin. Not including Lloyd who only has 3 years left.
Campbell, Stephens, and Rankin are not defenders. JMac probably isn't long-term either.

You cannot conflate half backs with outside midfielders, they are very different players - even if some players can play both roles.

Lloyd having 3 years left is why it makes sense.

I don't get this urgency to bring draftees into the side when we're a Premiership contender.

Do you guys wish we hadn't matched the Rowston bid? I wish we hadn't. Perhaps we can trade him to you in 2 years time.
He'll probably asked to be traded to us in two years time.
We could've just taken Konstanty though if we wanted him that badly. Doesn't make sense to go to all those shenanigans to stop GWS from taking the player that we had first access to.
Not quite true. The only way we could have taken Konstanty would be to have taken him with our first pick which meant that we would not have done the deal with Hawthorn which was very much to our advantage. I say that because had we not put a bid on Rowston, GWS would have had a pick prior to us and they would have then taken Konstanty.

I am note saying our two picks won't be good players, but neither of them really address a need. At no point in the Grand Final did I think a small forward is just what we need right now.
Your point literally makes no point.
This draft tonight is for players that will play in a GF from 2024/25 on.
Not one that players will retrospectively play in a game on the 24th of September 2022.

They are building a team for the next 5 seasons.
Not for a grand final loss.

Don't wanna be THAT guy but part of me also wants to be THAT guy

I reckon St Kilda have done very well in this draft thus far from first impressions

Those mugs took my player lol

They need the glue factory

Campbell, Stephens, and Rankin are not defenders. JMac probably isn't long-term either.

You cannot conflate half backs with outside midfielders, they are very different players - even if some players can play both roles.

Lloyd having 3 years left is why it makes sense.

I don't get this urgency to bring draftees into the side when we're a Premiership contender.
We're talking about half backs, all of those players played half back this year. I'm literally one of the only ones on here that consistently separates actual defenders from half backs, they are not the same. Rankin however will potentially be a mix of both, like Florent is starting to be.

Not one that players will retrospectively play in a game on the 24th of September 2022.

I'm not sure on that last sentence going off past form

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So why did GWS recruit Cadman, or Bulldogs get a big key defender they needed when those players won't be near their peak for a few years?

Its fascinating how much faith supporters put in the rankings of players from a biased media echo chamber.

Vickery is fast. Crazy 20m time.
You can't coach speed.
Add a decent left footer and lite defender and you have a solid player.
Actually, you can. I know a running coach who spends a lot of his day doing exactly that. 😀

So why did GWS recruit Cadman, or Bulldogs get a big key defender they needed when those players won't be near their peak for a few years?

They were the best talls in the draft. Big difference picking there to where we are

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back