List Mgmt. 2022 Draft Thread - Part I

Remove this Banner Ad

I had actually chucked in my membership, had stopped the monthly payments.

Two days later, they sacked the coach, recruited Lyon. got Lenny, Harvs and bj, got Misson, didn't trade out our picks (kept because Ben King decided to stay at GC), then picked up an A+ rated draft haul.

Didn't know I had so much power over the club :D:D.

The change in the club over the past 8 weeks is gobsmacking, I am really amazed what they have done. Gallagher has copped critisism however he was somewhat hamstrung in 2019 and 20 over trading, 21 he went well with NWM and the two NGA lads, and 2022 has completely nailed the draft.

So all in all the club could not have changed direction more radically off field since the end of the season. Obviously we are here to win games not sack coaches and draft players so the proof is in the future.

However the one thing a football club relies on from their supporters is hope. I had lost hope, we were drifting with Rats at he helm, our ex player media people were saying basically there was a disconnect at the club, the players were overindulged and were not being disciplined, and with some, Ratts was not reading the room. I could see more moribund years of nothingness.
But hope is back, even with next year probably being a learning year as the players need to have their bad habits lost and embrace the Ross model. It may take a season but it will come.

With the youngsters on board and with a bunch of players still not reaching their peak (Gres, Coff, Clark, Max, even Higgins, Josh Battle, etc) the future looks so much brighter than in early October.
You've hit the exact sentiment that I'm currently feeling about the club.

Couldn't agree more

On Pixel 6 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app

We can take two in the PSD as there is ALWAYS a LTI and once on the LTI list their spot is open for MSD.
I don't think we will take anyone in the PSD Joff. It's almost pointless these days, I think one puck got used all up last year.

I think we will just take Stocker in the Supplementary period

I don't think we will take anyone in the PSD Joff. It's almost pointless these days, I think one puck got used all up last year.

I think we will just take Stocker in the Supplementary period
Yes correct, thats what I meant. Probably will only take one at most in Supplementary however if we did take two an LTI will open a spot in MSD.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is there a piece of the list still missing any more?
I honestly feel like I'd be happier if Paddy was relisted now. I could forgo a guaranteed spot in the MSD to have the great man back again

Very. Think we got tremendous value from the picks we had and that we addressed our most pressing needs in the process as well, which is about as good as you can hope for.

Those guys had to slide to our picks, but you also have to play your cards right by say picking Van Es first and then still being able to get Hotton at your next.

I honestly feel like I'd be happier if Paddy was relisted now. I could forgo a guaranteed spot in the MSD to have the great man back again
Yeah - as happy as I am with that haul, I'm feeling like theres a giant Paddy Ryder shaped hole missing from the list right now. Would play most weeks in that 2 ruck set up with Ro - now we're hoping Hayesy (who's legit my new favourite player) can slot in and do the same but a legitimate ruckman with Paddys impact around the ground/up forward would be nice.

No, the time for Paddy to be on our list is gone.

You only have to look at our draftees, who need development, to understand that the club's list management focus has changed to building our team and list.

There is no place for Paddy, as 2023 is really the key to developing our team for 2024 and beyond.

Hayes is the man right now in 2023 to play forward and give Marshall a chop-out. Ultimately it may become Keeler. However Hayes may well make that position his for some years. Having Hayes just play at Sandi for the year will not help him, or the Saints. He needs to be in our best 23 on the main stage where he can grow.

No, the time for Paddy to be on our list is gone.

You only have to look at our draftees, who need development, to understand that the club's list management focus has changed to building our team and list.

There is no place for Paddy, as 2023 is really the key to developing our team for 2024 and beyond.

Hayes is the man right now in 2023 to play forward and give Marshall a chop-out. Ultimately it may become Keeler. However Hayes may well make that position his for some years. Having Hayes just play at Sandi for year will not help him, or the Saints. He needs to be in our best 23 on the main stage where he can grow.
A week ago l was in the same camp, but thought what if Max goes down or Hayes does another knee and so on. I don't mean as a best 22 player.

A week ago l was in the same camp, but thought what if Max goes down or Hayes does another knee and so on. I don't mean as a best 22 player.
Heath should be getting ready to go as a part time forward part time ruck for at least a couple of games in an emergency. At his height and size should be able to draw enough of the defence that Sharman or membrey can be the focal point again

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2022 Draft Thread - Part I

Remove this Banner Ad

Back