List Mgmt. 2022 Draft Thread - Part I

Remove this Banner Ad

So has Roo actually moved full-time to Texas?

Does that mean his kids won’t be coming back?

There goes the 2032 draft… 😬
No. They spend extended time there post football season every year. And since his kids are school age, they attend a real school instead of being home schooled. They did the same last off season.

1. Ashcroft - Bris
2. Cadman - GWS
3. Wardlow - North
4. Sheezel - North
5. Tsatas - Ess
6. Humphrey - GC
7. McKenzie - Haw
8. Clark - Geel
9. Ginbey - WC
10. Philppou - StK
Surely WC take Busslinger, would have thought that Ginbey would still be left 4 picks later.
Dont reckon the same would happen with Busslinger. Bulldogs or Carlton would take him.

Has anyone tracked how many main and rookie list spots we have assuming Bytel and Leinert don’t/aren’t resigned? Can’t see us taking more the 3 in this draft.

I like collingwoods model better, you dont need to win any draft or trade if over half your team are father sons/ academy players. i think it might be time for the club to start some kind of baby bonus payment, for boys of course we are doing alright with father daughters.
Has anyone introduced Patrikios and Max?

7 if both aren't retained plus a Cat B spot if we want to use it.
If we retain on of the two in limbo plus take 3 in the draft we still have 3 spots. I hope we are looking at Narkle although we will probably go to West Coast.

Who else is out there? Stocker, Tyler Brown, Jackson Callow. Can you sign former afl players who have spent a year at state league level?

If we retain on of the two in limbo plus take 3 in the draft we still have 3 spots. I hope we are looking at Narkle although we will probably go to West Coast.

Who else is out there? Stocker, Tyler Brown, Jackson Callow. Can you sign former afl players who have spent a year at state league level?
I'd definitely give Tyler Brown a chance. Was unlucky to be delisted in the first place.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd definitely give Tyler Brown a chance. Was unlucky to be delisted in the first place.
Pass on Tyler Brown. Would look at McMahon if looking at ex-Collingwood players.
Stocker, Narkle if looking for a mid
Hugh Dixon or Sproule if looking for a KPF

Surely WC take Busslinger, would have thought that Ginbey would still be left 4 picks later.
Dont reckon the same would happen with Busslinger. Bulldogs or Carlton would take him.
I agree, think the Weagles will get Busslinger off the table asap.
IMHO we could miss a real weapon if we dont consider Ginbey. I know the go home factor is repeated ad nauseam but he is a regional WA kid with elite personal drive and motivation. As well as the AA results and combine results, he is also a more pure mid, contested and natural leader than maybe Humphrey or Phillipou (also interstate)...also hate to see him at the eagles...

Thought Bing was this year and next only? Either way we're not ready for him and need to Draft.

I'm sticking with P9.
I'm taking Phillipou- he's young for the Draft crop, 3 days off being eligible for next year's draft.

Phillipou or Mackenzie, I don't think there's an extreme gap in quality between them and Pick 4.

WC moved down. Essendon are open to it. Tells you it's pretty even.
He signed his two year extension this year after doing his knee

Of the early phantom's i've seen , they all have the same top 5 ( in different orders ).
There are 6 tipped to go between pick 6 and pick 9. Humphrey , Clark, Phillipou, Ginbey, Mackenzie, and Busslinger.
If it somehow ended up Ginbey and Busslinger left who would we take?
More likely ( i hope ) Ginbey will go to a W.A. team and we get either Phillipou or Humphrey.

Some of the picks that those doing phantoms have possibly sliding to our second pick ( but probably not our 3rd ) are :
Charlie Clarke (Small Forward ). Mitchell Szybkowski (mid ). Josh Weddel ( def ) , Henry Hustwaite ( mid), Jacob Ryan ( 199cm Def ) ,Coby Burgiel( Mid Fwd)

Hustwaite probably least likely to be there, and i'd hope we snatch him up if he is.
Otherwise Clarke, Ryan or Burgiel all look good.

Collier Dawkins just delisted. Anyone know the knock on him. Pretty sure we tried to trade up to get him and approach him again when his first contract was up.
Same draft as bytel, 4 years ago.
Hasn’t had the injury setbacks as bytel, shown less at vfl level and given a handful of afl games didn’t stand out.
Bytel more chance to make a career out of it at this stage.

1. Ashcroft - Bris
2. Cadman - GWS
3. Wardlow - North
4. Sheezel - North
5. Tsatas - Ess
6. Humphrey - GC
7. McKenzie - Haw
8. Clark - Geel
9. Ginbey - WC
10. Philppou - StK

Everything fits perfectly if Gold Coast pull a draft surprise and get the other Hollands boy.
  1. Cadman
  2. Ashcroft
  3. Wardlaw
  4. Tsatas
  5. Sheezel
  6. Hollands
  7. Humphrey
  8. Clark
  9. Ginbey
  10. Mackenzie

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2022 Draft Thread - Part I