List Mgmt. 2022 List Management: Draft, Trade and FA Pt2: Electric Boogaloo

Remove this Banner Ad

It wasn’t a salary cap squeeze. We just didn’t think they warranted the money they were asking for. And I agree.
We definitely need to optimise our salary allocations because we have a substantial number of emerging players on our list who will be justifying significant contract extensions. That includes Serong in the immediate future who I expect already has approaches.

Interesting that most of the guys who requested a trade (Lobb, Logue, Acres, Tucker) are all very close and a part of the same circle at the club. Would surely make it easier for some of them knowing they'll have a bunch of mates moving over east with them.

We definitely need to optimise our salary allocations because we have a substantial number of emerging players on our list who will be justifying significant contract extensions. That includes Serong in the immediate future who I expect already has approaches.
Serong - 2023
Brodie - 2023
Ryan - 2023
Cox - 2024
Darcy - 2024

I think it's those guys who we need to be putting all our money into. We're lucky to have so much of our emerging young guys already locked away for long term.

I don't buy that we'd be willing to let Acres go to a close rival for a future third only. It'll make them a lot better, their wings are hopeless and he's an enforcer now that he's stopped jumping at shadows. Shit kick but he's a solid player now. Career best year.. future third? Yeah, nah. **** off Colin.

Acres --> Future 3rd --> Sharp

Not saying I'm happy with it but I wouldn't be surprised.
I think that's what it will be as well but I dont really see how Sharp should be worth as much as Acres tbh. That's a pretty shit deal but maybe we can get more out of Sharp then GC can

Serong - 2023
Brodie - 2023
Ryan - 2023
Cox - 2024
Darcy - 2024

I think it's those guys who we need to be putting all our money into. We're lucky to have so much of our emerging young guys already locked away for long term.
Of them, I think Ryan and Brodie's wage stay the same tbh and maybe even Darcy given when he signed his last extension.

Serong and Cox the only two to definitely get paid more next contract IMO

Of them, I think Ryan and Brodie's wage stay the same tbh and maybe even Darcy given when he signed his last extension.

Serong and Cox the only two to definitely get paid more next contract IMO
Think Ryan's might, but if Brodie continues his form this year into next season then we'd need to be offering a lot more than 300k a year.

Darcy will be a FA so would be getting big offers too.

I don't buy that we'd be willing to let Acres go to a close rival for a future third only. It'll make them a lot better, their wings are hopeless and he's an enforcer now that he's stopped jumping at shadows. s**t kick but he's a solid player now. Career best year.. future third? Yeah, nah. * off Colin.

It's got nothing to do with Colin. We deal with the other team, not Colin.

If we accept that, its on us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't buy that we'd be willing to let Acres go to a close rival for a future third only. It'll make them a lot better, their wings are hopeless and he's an enforcer now that he's stopped jumping at shadows. s**t kick but he's a solid player now. Career best year.. future third? Yeah, nah. * off Colin.
I'm not worried because of the number of people on here telling me Peter Bell is a great strategist and negotiator with more feathers in his headwear than a Cheyenne chieftain. Such a man would never agree to that deal

Eh.

Been expecting that for acres.

Risk with his hammies and knees. Good luck to him and Carlton in replicating his great (half) season just gone.

If we flip that for sharp (contracted), then that’s a decent win.

On DeGoey. If the club do pull the trigger, I’ll back them to have things in place. He’s the sort of player we need, that burst from the middle, goal kicker.

I don’t like the campaigner, but maybe he’s ready to grow up and be a better person. But I’d hope that he owns up to his past **** ups before signing. That said, don’t think it’s happening.

I'm not worried because of the number of people on here telling me Peter Bell is a great strategist and negotiator with more feathers in his headwear than a Cheyenne chieftain. Such a man would never agree to that deal
As melting and being irrational over trading news is a passion of mine, I might be starting to come around to your thinking. On reflection, it might just be that the only time we "win" trades is with GC or St Kilda. Feels like most other clubs we do a poor job for what the player should be worth at the time of trade

But maybe the whole thing looks better after trade period and I'm going early on the melt...

As melting and being irrational over trading news is a passion of mine, I might be starting to come around to your thinking. On reflection, it might just be that the only time we "win" trades is with GC or St Kilda. Feels like most other clubs we do a poor job for what the player should be worth at the time of trade

But maybe the whole thing looks better after trade period and I'm going early on the melt...
The Clark trade was reasonable and would do again.

I'm watching and waiting. I simply refuse to believe the club would be stupid enough to give away that many players for the junk trades being spoken of. It's not logical.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2022 List Management: Draft, Trade and FA Pt2: Electric Boogaloo

Remove this Banner Ad

Back