List Mgmt. 2022 List Management: Draft, Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The safe inference is he was always a flog in my view.
This article is definite flog material. Walls was already approached by Carlton and knocked that back and then accepted last year a promotion to Fremantle List manager and as things are looking up with the club he has been crucial to building he will pull out stumps and move over to West Coast.

I’d expect at some stage he will leave but I’d be more certain to a local Vic Club rather than West Coast.

This article is definite flog material. Walls was already approached by Carlton and knocked that back and then accepted last year a promotion to Fremantle List manager and as things are looking up with the club he has been crucial to building he will pull out stumps and move over to West Coast.

I’d expect at some stage he will leave but I’d be more certain to a local Vic Club rather than West Coast.

He didn't say it would happen or that he wanted it to happen. We are all a tad touchy.

If you were one of 12 other clubs I think they should be looking at Walls or four others to drive recruiting.

It is more of a compliment than anything else. If we have him locked into a multiyear contract we don't have much to worry about unless we are under paying him massively.

He didn't say it would happen or that he wanted it to happen. We are all a tad touchy.

If you were one of 12 other clubs I think they should be looking at Walls or four others to drive recruiting.

It is more of a compliment than anything else. If we have him locked into a multiyear contract we don't have much to worry about unless we are under paying him massively.
The problem with this being in the media, is … this being in the media + in open discussion.
Sure everyone was already aware of it, but it is another level when it is in the media + being openly
discussed.

Wallsy is doing a terrific job us, it is better for us for it to stay the way it is.

The media adds fuel to the fire on all football related issues, it gets coaches sacked, club presidents having
to resign + a host of other things happening.

When one of our own brings it up, not a good thing.

Sure everyone was already aware of it, but it is another level when it is in the media + being openly
discussed.

The media adds fuel to the fire on all football related issues, it gets coaches sacked, club presidents having
to resign + a host of other things happening.
Say what??

If Fremantle end up losing David walls I can assure you it won’t be because Paul hazelby wrote an article on it (it’s 100% accurate and relevant btw) .

Tell me , you weren’t one of those Fremantle supporters Kellie underwood was banging on about “ hiding behind their couches “ a few games back by any chance were you?

Say what??

If Fremantle end up losing David walls I can assure you it won’t be because Paul hazelby wrote an article on it (it’s 100% accurate and relevant btw) .

Tell me , you weren’t one of those Fremantle supporters Kellie underwood was banging on about “ hiding behind their couches “ a few games back by any chance were you?
Agreed... every club who is diligent would be looking at the success of clubs who have recruited well and target those who have been integral to that

He comes for the genuine trade chat, but he stays for the comedy :)
Nah, I’m done with the Freo draft, trade and list rebuild chat. You’re now legitimate rivals.

It was fun over the last couple of years, but I’ve moved on, and have a new team and journey to follow.

Hello West Coast 🦅

Agreed... every club who is diligent would be looking at the success of clubs who have recruited well and target those who have been integral to that
Yeah the AFLs a very tight knit community.
Walls and his achievements/abilities would’ve been already on notice at most clubs long before now.
(See Carlton trying to poach him few years back)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But both of those things were actually true??
Yeah, but imagine if I'd posted Yeo was 100% coming. Obviously he wasn't the Yeo we saw in 17-20, but it was basically done deal then didn't happen.

All I'm trying to say is sometimes 100% true info doesn't eventuate into reality later on.

If anyone had any inside information to the Mitch Clark dealings I'd love to have been a fly on the wall for that one!

Walls is only a part of the solution anyway. No doubt we have drastically improved our coaching / development to end up with so many players coming on or transforming their careers.

If we have success, they will come for those people as well.

i grew up in the 80s and 90s and North had plenty of time in the sun in the 90s.

I even went to the Corey + Rocca (9 goals) vs Lloyd (9 goals) showdown at the MCG in 2001:
Essendon27.9 (171)Kangaroos25.9 (159)MCG51,878Sunday, 22 July

The 2020s are going to be purple and JHF would make it deep purple.
That was in the days when salary caps meant nothing and the Ansett's were buying premierships for the Roos.
But they have always struggled to get enough members and people to go to their games.

Say what??

Definitely an fnerd

Not sure if this goes here, but given all the positive media our recruiting team is getting for unearthing late gems in the draft it's worth remembering that our team plucked Ed Langdon at pick 54 in 2014. Given he's now re-inventing what it means to be a winger (although the one-eyed Freo supporter in me thinks Blacres should be right next to Langdon in all the articles despite being one premiership short) I think we were either lucky or had some pretty remarkable foresight.

Melbourne are obviously seeing the best of him now but he probably goes up there with one of our best drafting successes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back