List Mgmt. 2022 List Management: Draft, Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if this goes here, but given all the positive media our recruiting team is getting for unearthing late gems in the draft it's worth remembering that our team plucked Ed Langdon at pick 54 in 2014. Given he's now re-inventing what it means to be a winger (although the one-eyed Freo supporter in me thinks Blacres should be right next to Langdon in all the articles despite being one premiership short) I think we were either lucky or had some pretty remarkable foresight.

Melbourne are obviously seeing the best of him now but he probably goes up there with one of our best drafting successes.
Ed was always a good player, even forward pocket.
Freo and wingers, two brothers that are one and two, Langdon, Acres and now NOD.
Next is Worner, Johnson?
People were worried how we were going to replace Brad and Ed.

Ed was always a good player, even forward pocket.
Freo and wingers, two brothers that are one and two, Langdon, Acres and now NOD.
Next is Worner, Johnson?
People were worried how we were going to replace Brad and Ed.
To be fair, it has taken 3 years for Acres to blossom and NODDY to step up. Wing has been a wasteland between Ed and Brad leaving and this year.

Keep an eye out this off-season for Victorian based media personalities to mention "Freo player told to look around" and "Freo would be open to helping that player move on elsewhere" regarding our contracted players in Lobb, Tucker, Meek.

They are attempting to set the narrative that they aren't required players and Freo should release them for unders.

To be fair, it has taken 3 years for Acres to blossom and NODDY to step up. Wing has been a wasteland between Ed and Brad leaving and this year.
I think Acres performance is up about 5%. The biggest impact has been the result of coaching changing some personnel and having a greater focus midfield and forward.

Could someone tell me how many players we have aged 23 or younger who have played 50 plus games...
I saw a stat somewhere that in the AFL there were around 85 players in this category and how the Eagles only had one (Oscar Allen)
Interested in how many we would have but can't see an easy way to find out...

On SM-G975U1 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Could someone tell me how many players we have aged 23 or younger who have played 50 plus games...
I saw a stat somewhere that in the AFL there were around 85 players in this category and how the Eagles only had one (Oscar Allen)
Interested in how many we would have but can't see an easy way to find out...

On SM-G975U1 using BigFooty.com mobile app
1652426661506.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Chocked on my drink when Ralph reported it
Ralph...reporting baseless heresay? Who woulda thunk it?!
Season 9 What GIF by The Office

Dockeroo wont like this. Just an op-Ed piece though.

View attachment 1397988
I don’t know how to react to this!
Love what Walls has done but clearly any proper club would be looking at him very closely.
Hard to believe Nisbetts son is involved at WC.
People saying that Haze is drawing attention to him remind me of those freo fans on Twitter castigating the likes of Jordan Mcardle and Ryan Daniels for talking about our NGA draft prospects, and thinking it will make them get bid on higher.
As if a few Twitter comments on some NGA kids have any influence on professional recruiting teams 😂😂😂

I don’t know how to react to this!
Love what Walls has done but clearly any proper club would be looking at him very closely.
Hard to believe Nisbetts son is involved at WC.
People saying that Haze is drawing attention to him remind me of those freo fans on Twitter castigating the likes of Jordan Mcardle and Ryan Daniels for talking about our NGA draft prospects, and thinking it will make them get bid on higher.
As if a few Twitter comments on some NGA kids have any influence on professional recruiting teams 😂😂😂
I just thought it was dumb article. Clubs have been looking at Walls that we already know, and he has been doing a good job and you can see from the Stan doco he has respect from the football industry. The article isnt bringing anything new or some attention to him but the way I read it was West Coast rather than targeting English/Jackson should target Walls. Maybe I missed the point and I agree they need a better list manager but that wasn’t the vibe I got from the article. It was a poach him sort of vibe.

Looks like we end up with Bulldogs first, either giving them our own to upgrade it or swapping for Lobb.

The power of contracts huh. Jackson moves for unders, Lobb moves for overs, Freo swaps our near thirty year old very influential tall forward for a early twenties talent tall.

Jon Ralph just reported that we are interested in Lobb interesting times
This is nothing new. Bulldogs, Essendon and St Kilda were three VIC clubs I plucked out in a post a couple of days ago. I reckon he is just throwing darts. He may well be right but who cares. You just watch the Stan doco and it is pretty obvious Lobb has a pressing need to relocate to over East and that is without knowing about his GF and her move to VIC.

If GWS still wanted the Lobster then they have missed that ship. It looks more likely a VIC club and the more the better for us.

Lobb to Dogs would be perfect for us in chasing Jackson. I think they just miss the 8 and would be a rare case of a team pretty happy to trade out of a top 10 pick to bring in a best 22 player.

9,45 -> Lobb,16

9, future 1st -> Jackson, future 2nd

Seems fair enough?

Am I overvaluing Lobb? I think a ready to go ruck/forward is going to be worth a lot to a team that sees itself contending

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back