MRP / Trib. 2022 MRO Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

KERRPOW

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 28, 2008
in a town near you
AFL Club
West Coast
I couldnt see a dedicated thread so i created one.

Has willie rioli been handed a lifelong ban for his attack on the ball, collecting rowell in the process?

I couldnt see a dedicated thread so i created one.

Has willie rioli been handed a lifelong ban for his attack on the ball, collecting rowell in the process?
I heard he got the Nobel Peace Prize which, in fairness, he actually did more to earn than Obama.

High contact because Matt Rowell’s face starts somewhere near his stomach I guess?

If West Coast and Willie are comfortable being in the media and spotlight this week I think we'll challenge it. Willie was legitimately trying to intercept that kick in the Suns forward line. He only seemed to brace at the last moment when he realised contact would be made. At that point he's already flying in the air.

Should Willie prefer to lay low and just focus on playing footy I don't see the club forcing him to challenge it, they'll take the week.

He is lucky he didn’t do more serious damage which may have also come into the ruling per the MRO guidelines..

Rowell had the ball in his hands just before Willie decided to leave the ground so he was late for sure.. was it great to see yeah but definitely against the rules..

Between that and his late bump in the last quarter that cost a goal I hope we aren’t going to see a year of him trying to imitate the last years of chris lewis’s career.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Got any good video of the incident? Rioli's hip is about the height of Rowell's head when they collided so I'd be surprised if there was no high contact.
Just my take on the full speed and Rowell reaction. Looks like he was winded and hit in the chest/collarbone area.

Brisbane are going for it, so we might as well have a crack. Make the MRO earn it.

There's been a bit of a paradigm shift, a few years ago, there would be outcry at that being a suspendable offence or an offence at all.

Unfortunately I don't think there is the narrative there to get Rioli acquitted. Instead I think this will fall under the 'looks dangerous' category of offence and they'll find a way to rub him out.

Remove this Banner Ad

MRP / Trib. 2022 MRO Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back