Autopsy 2022 Rd 10 Blues and heart surgeons rejoice. Carlton beat Swans

Who played well for the Blues in Round 10 vs the Swans?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Think someone has to gently tell mots if he's going burn teammates he has to score.

Love his energy and enthusiasm, especially after that bit hit early on.
He's played 2 games... not burning your team mates will come with experience.

Zac Fisher

4 weeks in a row of at least 2 goals and 18 touches

GUN

Elite.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Disagree.. still making poor decisions and can run the kms but not hard enough or physical enough when required. He makes 4-5 stupid decisions a game and often puts a teammate in unnecessary heat.

What were the 4 or 5 stupid decisions?

Maybe it’s just me, but have been watching football for a long time and apart from Bruce Doull, I see players make mistakes every game.

LoB was very good tonight. He competed hard in the air and made a couple of smothers. Presented particularly well in the last quarter and didn’t mess around with clearing kicks from a high pressured Swans forward line.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

In the words of the great Sam Walsh: f*** yeah!

duck how good was the crowd and atmosphere??

I watched on TV, but was spine tingling hearing the crowd yell 'BAALLLL' every time a Carlton player laid a tackle...especially in the second quarter.

Atmosphere was fierce, would have felt very hostile for the Swans.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Confidence is so important for younger players, and it's significant that TDK was able have such a strong late influence in a hard-fought win.

Will be huge for his sense of belonging and self-belief going forward (as will that beautiful goal from the pocket). Might just start putting it together consistently now, and almost certain to take mark of the year in the next week or two.
He'd already had a huge game at three-quarter-time. Embarrassed Hickey and Ladhams. And then he laid that unbelievable final quarter on top.

For me, De Koning is the biggest thing to come out of tonight's game - he is totally unrecognisable from the kid that Goldstein smashed less than 12 months ago.

I really liked the game from Cottrell.
However….
Twice that I saw tonight he turned his back to the ball at bad times. Once was in the defensive goal square and we got away with that one.
The other was when the swans picked off that Durdin kick. There were two blues to one swans defender. Cottrell and Silvagni, I think, so the switch was on. Cottrell turns his back to the kicker and the defender is able to hedge because Cottrell is no longer a chance to get it. Not the best kick from Durdin and it is chopped off and run away for a goal. If Cottrell keeps his eyes on the game, stays engaged and remains an option he makes the Swans player choose him and the poor kick has more chance of still getting to SOS. Others might not have seen it that way but it’s something I noticed. Just reckon it’s a small game awareness thing that he can fix. It’s very nit picky but I think it played a part in an opposition goal and could’ve cost another.

He'd already had a huge game at three-quarter-time. Embarrassed Hickey and Ladhams. And then he laid that unbelievable final quarter on top.

For me, De Koning is the biggest thing to come out of tonight's game - he is totally unrecognisable from the kid that Goldstein smashed less than 12 months ago.
Being tossed into the crucible has forged him and lifted his game. Since Pitto went down, Tom has started to really step up.

And... a beneficial side effect of Pitto going down, was the throwing of JSOS into the ruck. He might get outpointed in the air... but when the ball hits the ground... he turns into a midfielder. Just like Kreuzer used to do!

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy 2022 Rd 10 Blues and heart surgeons rejoice. Carlton beat Swans

Back