Autopsy 2022 Rd 10 Blues and heart surgeons rejoice. Carlton beat Swans

Who played well for the Blues in Round 10 vs the Swans?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Not to mention De Koning's effort off the 5 day break. He hung tough against GWS, probably broke even on the day, but Preuss really worked him over physically, around the ground, and he would have woken up sore on Monday morning.

To then come out on the Friday night and play a blinder against a proper ruck-pairing, he's obviously an incredible athlete, but his body and his preparation must be spot-on as well. He seems to be thriving on the extra minutes as first ruck.

The King is looking big these days...really starting to fill out particularly his shoulders and arms.

Nailed Heeney in a couple of big tackles in the middle. Did his job I reckon. But, as I've said... we can afford to rest him and bring in Dow for the couple of games surrounding the bye. After the bye, we need to be rotating the midfield a bit more to keep them fresh for the finals.

Any calls to drop Cerra are ridiculous. Has played 8 games this year better then Dow has played in his whole career.

I get your thinking but we are way to early into being decent to be "resting" anyone.

Confidence is so important for younger players, and it's significant that TDK was able have such a strong late influence in a hard-fought win.

Will be huge for his sense of belonging and self-belief going forward (as will that beautiful goal from the pocket). Might just start putting it together consistently now, and almost certain to take mark of the year in the next week or two.

2 weeks in a row now he's drilled drop punt goals from the boundary. Opposition coaches will already be scratching their heads about this young ruckman. He is so unorthodox yet fundamentally so sound as well.

Nowhere near the final product but so so promising.

Just wow!

If you told me at the start of the season that we'd be 8 - 2, I would have called you crazy. If you told me we'd be 8 - 2 with the injuries we have, I would have driven you to the asylum and checked you in. What a start to the year!

Crazy atmosphere at Marvel tonight, haven't been to a game that loud in a long time..so good to see everyone up and about.

Fantastic drafting getting Durds in 2020 and Motlop in 2021...both our first picks but they came quite late in the draft.
They will play a lot of games together both are natural small forwards both have anticipation and poise.
Motlop is special he’s hard he’s legs wobbled in the first quarter from a big hit but didn’t go down he was disappointed with his misses because they all looked easy gettable goals not freaky snaps to most they would be freaky snaps he slows time like the great players.Durdin has such great balance always ready to dispose or tackle rarely loses his feet always in the contest.
They are both so young they are just going to improve for years our recruiting is spot on

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's funny how Charlie is the best tall forward AND small forward in the league at the same time...
Tom McCartin might have thought he was a proper full-back, but tonight he was rudely disabused. Also puts Taylor's performance last week into context.

Really strange that they waited so long to switch over to Rampe - I don't even know what Rampe was doing in the first half. It might have cost them the game. Which is just too bad!

2 weeks in a row now he's drilled drop punt goals from the boundary. Opposition coaches will already be scratching their heads about this young ruckman. He is so unorthodox yet fundamentally so sound as well.

Nowhere near the final product but so so promising.

Not even 23 yet. He's 'just a baby' in ruck terms.

Being challenged every week against seasoned opposition and tonight absolutely held his own. Every one of these games is a long term investment, when he'll be destroying opponents in 2-3 years consistently.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy 2022 Rd 10 Blues and heart surgeons rejoice. Carlton beat Swans

Back